New York Life Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,070 Interview Reviews

2.4

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Cherry Hill, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

The first interview is a fairly quick focused on getting to know NY Life and expectations as well as filling out paperwork. Second Interview focused on the explanation of the business plan and products that NY Life has to offer.

Life Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ridgeland, MS

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Ridgeland, MS) in February 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by phone from the Human Resources Director after she saw my resume on Monster.com. Took 3 face-to-face interviews over the course of a month. Also, I had to complete a Marketing Plan to get a taste of what it would be like to be a full-time agent.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Great interview process. Very informative. Met with different managers across the organization. Definitely great place to work. Many opportunities for growth and would recommend the company to external candidates.

Sales Interview

Interview

They will bring almost anyone in there--there was almost no screening beforehand. There was a test, which was not accurately described by the person who led me into the room to take it, which was focused on a candidate's attitude towards sales, insurance, and selling to people you know.

After the "test", I was informed that the person I had come to see was "in a meeting with corporate" and would see me the following week. Surely I understood, right?

Of course no one called. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree or disagree that insurance salespeople are honest?   2 Answers

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Huntsville, AL) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and a brief introduction of each of the interviewees and the interviewer. During the interview they also had shown what they had to offer. By the end we were asked to do a test and complete a background check.

Interview Questions

• They had asked us to introduce ourselves.   1 Answer

Financial Adviser Trainee and Sales Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

My resume was reviewed through Monster and they reached out to me to by email schedule an interview. I was emailed with a date/time confirmation by the one who I thought was going to be my interviewer; however, another agent met with me since I was exceptionally early (30 min). My interviewer was very nice and gave me a brief company presentation about how NYL and shared that there are multiple employment tracks within the company, yet each everybody starts out as an agent.

Interview Questions

• Name two things not on your resume that you are most proud of.   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Wayne, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Fort Wayne, IN) in January 2017.

Interview

I had three separate interviews with the branch manager. The first one was with him and his assistant that allowed us to get to know each other and tell me about the company. The second was more in depth about the job and questions I had. The final interview was more about how compensation works and why I should work for them.

Interview Questions

• If someone that knew you was asked to describe you using five adjectives what would the be?   1 Answer

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I emailed my resume to the Director of Recruiting who called me and told me a bit about the position and asked about my interest and work history. From there, I met with a senior partner who told me more about the company and asked about my work experience, interests, and values. After the first interview, I was required to fill out a background check and when they received the results, a second meeting with the senior partner was scheduled to go over the position more in depth and confirm my interest.

Insurance Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Oh my God false promises over the first phone call, then emails, appointments, the manager not showing up for second time, third time finally a man with again false promises!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Johnston, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

The job seemed too good to be true. I was told that the company was a great place to begin working and that I should expect to make a salary of about $70,000 a year. They neglected to let me know that their turnover was extremely high. I went through a couple of interviews and decided against taking a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality?   1 Answer