New York Life Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

2.4

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

They care about your personality and the ability to work alone. They also asked a lot about what are the traits that are important to you. They want you to be able to describe yourself very well.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to work alone and get things done?   1 Answer

Financial Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

person was great but the job offer seem like a scam. No salary only commission. Don't go for an interview its a waste of time. Only take this job for the training and licences. After that run as fast as you can away from this place.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer a salary or commission?   2 Answers

Life Insurance Salesperson Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Interview was smooth, but you had to endure a talk about life, priorities, and stuff, from the hiring partner. The interviewer was trying very hard to convince me I had what it took to switch careers and take this job (which was not what I was looking for when this recruiter approached me).

Interview Questions

• What are your priorities in life?   1 Answer

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I was contacted by email by a company recruiter. I arrived at the office and I had to register by filling out a questionnaire in the lobby's iPads. I was then greeted by the recruiter (Partner), and I was then brought to a computer lab where I had to fill out another questionnaire. There were mostly behavioral and demographic questions. Many of the questions were about my previous income, current one, and future expectations.

Interview Questions

• There were no interview questions. I handed her my resume and she asked a little bit about what was in my resume. However, she did give me information about the position, the company, and what to expect about the job. She answered all my questions professionally and realistically. She said there's a base salary for agents.

The same day of the interview she sent me an email with two links, one to complete a "resume background," this for the background check, and the other is to schedule an appointment for my finger prints. I have another interview tomorrow, but I'm not sure if I'm going to take this job.
      1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Unorganized, and lengthy. The company hasn't done much hiring from outside sources. They like to move people around from within. It makes new hires feel like trespassers. They used one of my (2)interviews as a training guide.

Interview Questions

• Do you like short work weeks (37.5 hours)?   2 Answers

Technology Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

I was given an interview at the GHC where I spoke with a friendly representative who asked behavioral questions, and projects I had on my resume. Afterwards I got a call from an HR rep who asked some standard questions about what I'm looking for in a job, also super friendly. I had an on-site interview later with a few higher ups in the technology department. Mostly conceptual questions and a few technical questions about OOP, fairly easy. I also talked with a few HR reps on-site. Everyone was very friendly, seemed to love working there, and I would have taken the job if it paid more.

Interview Questions

• What are the principles of object oriented programming?   1 Answer

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I spent 1000 dollars to New York for this interview. It was horrible, the interview was scheduled on 1:30pm, however, I wait more than 15 min for the HR to see me. At the beginning of interview, she asked me to tell about myself. After that, when I mention I'm international student. she said this position didn't provide the sponsorship. You can tell me this before I spent the money for hotel and flight. totally waste money and time for this interview.

Eagle Strategies Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a recruiter no more than 12 hours later. A phone interview followed which wasn't very difficult. Basic experience questions along with salary expectations. I was selected for an in person interview with three senior employees. First one was 2 on 1 followed by a 1 on 1 with the CVP. Since I was in a sales position at the time and was interviewing for a middle office position there was a lot of focus on why I was switching roles. At times it seemed to me they were dumbfounded on why I wanted this position. There were a lot of questions on customer service and account opening. As we parted ways I was told "good luck" in my job search so I knew I didn't get it.

Interview Questions

• What is the process of opening an account?   1 Answer
    • Describe your current role.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

You have a phone interview, if you pass that process you will be sent to an in-person interview. After the in person interview, just background check and drug screening. The interview process was pretty quick and New York Life seems like a great company to work for.

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The interviewer talked a lot about what it would be like working as a sales agent for NYL. They basically will train you and you work on commission. The interviewer talked more than I did. She didn't even have my file on hand, didn't remember what and why my resume was chosen to the interview at the first place. She told me she had 8 interviews that day and I was her 9th interviewee. Felt like she also worked on commission to get as much people to work for them as possible. There were so many licenses I need to get in order to do the job, so in the end I felt like it was not for me.