New York Life Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

2.4

289 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

Three primary steps. FIrst is meeting the managing partner, then you are invited to a weekly/ bi weekly presentation about the company, compensation and how to earn money.

To be honest, when I came for the second meeting which was the presentation, the managing partner did not even remember who I was and believed thought I was there for the first interview with him. That was kind of disappointing because I thought we had a solid connection and talked consistently through email.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses?
      Describe your personality traits.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied online to the posting of the Investment management intern position at New York Life. Was contacted within two weeks of applying and had a phone interview. The interview asked thing about my resume. Was invited for an interview at the office and accepted. Was suppose to have three sessions of interviews but one of them was in a meeting that ran over. Was Interviewed first by the man who called me originally. Spoke about equity and prodded to see how much I knew. Second person was from fixed income and she asked technical questions along with questions about statistical concepts.

Interview Questions

• Explain to me the state of investments in the U.S equity market   Answer Question

Financial Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Melville, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

University professor forwarded my resume. New York Life partner contacted me. Interview was roughly about 15 minutes and it was more of a casual conversation. Just wanted to see how I talked to people and If i was a people person.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about New York Life?
      What are some of your past experience?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (White Plains, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Meeting with inside sales manager who’d becomes your partner / trainer and ÿinvitation to work compensation training learning how to get paid and the training process. The process for getting licensed.

Interview Questions

• Conversational. Seeing if your trainable. Take a test. Explain the business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I met the NYL recruiters in ASNY Career Fair in mid-September and then they told me to apply online. I got the first-round phone interview in early-October. The interview asked me basic question about why actuarial science, why NYL, etc. It was pretty easy and predictable. After the first phone interview, I waited for like a month to hear back from them for a second phone interview. It was very similar to the first one but with a different actuary. Then, the process was expedited. I heard back from them for an on-site interview 3 days later and went to the Home Office in NYC. There, I met 5 actuaries, including very high-up people and 2 actuarial students for a lunch interview. The questions in the on-site interview were a little different from the previous two and make sure you understand the life insurance industry and different products of NYL. Since I have an outstanding offer from another company, NYL was able to get back to me the next day of the on-site interview and gave me the offer. Overall, the process was pretty long but I did enjoy meeting all the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Why actuarial science? Why NYL? Describe one of the product at NYL.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Submitted my resume at a school career fair. A couple weeks later, I got in touch through email with a New York Life actuarial analyst. Then, we scheduled a time for the phone interview. About 1 week or 2 after the phone interview, I was extended the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me the difference between a Universal Life product and a Whole Life product.   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY).

Interview

First round was on campus- behavioral, Second round was a Super day in New York- included 4 interviews back to back, all behavioral
    Everyone was very polite, I received an offer 2 weeks after interviewing

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I submit my resume through school career fair and applied online. About on week later I was asked to set a phone interview. It was a 30 minutes phone interview, must about your experience showing on your resume and typical behavioral questions

Financial Services Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. I only went for the first round, I'm not very interested in a sales job. It was very casual, they asked about me then explained their 3 year training process and how various sales quotas would have to be met throughout the training program. He informed me there would be later round interviews if I was interested in the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the career website of New York Life. Within two weeks, I got the invitation for the phone interview. The interview was mostly behavioral and just a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to become an actuary? Why New York Life?   Answer Question