New York Life Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ | Glassdoor

New York Life Interview Questions in Parsippany, NJ

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2015.

Interview

There is nothing much since I was referred by an existing employee. It was only one round of Technical in person interview and another round to speak with Manager. They havent asked much in Technical interview. It was mainly about the presentation and programming skills. I was given a scenario and I solved the problem.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Parsippany, NJ) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview with the hiring manager. Then, the hiring manager wanted to meet me in person in his office. During the meeting he asked questions about my background and the tools they use in their environment. A week later, they called me for another round with two business users, they asked questions about my prior experience. After spending about 1 hour with them, I met with two engineers, discussed technology. overall the interview went well.

About 2-3 weeks later they called me in their New York office for another round of interview with the department head and a senior manager. At that point recruiter told me that they are interviewing another candidate and after meeting the other candidate they will make their hiring decision. I waited for another couple of weeks and after few follow ups the recruiter replied Nooooo, as the department head preferred the other candidate.

What a waste of time!!!!! They could have been more transparent to me,,,,, probably taking advantage of the bad job market.

Interview Questions

• What's your management style?   1 Answer

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2011.

Interview

Recieved the opportunity to interview through my recruiter, Robert Half Finance and Accounting. Interview lasted from 3:30 till 6:30. Interviewed with four employees. Interview process was very casual, more conversational. Asked about personal experiences, with some digression into other topics.