New York Life Recruiter Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 20, 2017

2.8

6 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tucson, AZ) in January 2017.

Interview

I emailed my resume to the Director of Recruiting who called me and told me a bit about the position and asked about my interest and work history. From there, I met with a senior partner who told me more about the company and asked about my work experience, interests, and values. After the first interview, I was required to fill out a background check and when they received the results, a second meeting with the senior partner was scheduled to go over the position more in depth and confirm my interest.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (San Francisco, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

Weird. I was called about two weeks after I applied online. The woman who asked me if Id be available for an interview the following thursday; I said yes. she then said that an email would be forthcoming with relevant information regarding the interview including who id be meeting with. ..I never got that email. There was no followup so I was left to assume it was a wash. I mean this kind of behavior is absurd and makes me wonder why good people struggle to find work when incompetent ones are in these positions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was very casual and relaxed. But the office was very conservative environment. My interviewer was very nice. This made me less nervous. It was an enjoyable experience.

Interview Questions

• How much money to do you make   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

It was easy and Simple and my interviewer was friendly, inviting, and insightful. We engaged in friendly conversation and I was offered the job on the spot. Then I was given a tour and documentation to fill out online that consisted of background, benefits, tax, and so on. he basics.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about New York life? Gave me information about the company. What skills do you have that can come as a asset to New York Life? Why do you want to work here and so on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Baltimore, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a series of interviews. The first interview was a phone screening, the second a brief assessment about common knowledge of mutual life insurance, terminology etc, and lastly the third was an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of several pre-set questions. Overall I found this process to be pretty standard and seamless.

Interview Questions

• Would you rather be a big fish in a small pond, or small fish in a big pond?   Answer Question

Recruiter Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life in January 2010.

Interview

I submitted my resume to Careerbuilder, received a response via email that evening, attended a group interview that consisted of 8 people. We each had an opportunity to provide responses to traditional interview questions however, we were able to hear the reponses of others if you sit in the middle.

Interview Questions

• Actually the skills test consisting of a typing test, a powerpoint presentation, and a business case scenario that involves writing a letter to the boss' boss requesting an exception to hiring policy.   1 Answer