New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at New York Life

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I got reference and came in to have a interview with a partner. It was very straight forward. The whole process contain 4 interviews. In the first interview, they will ask you few question to get to know you and they will spend more time to tell whats going on in New York Life.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a personality test, homework from a reading booklet, attending a class and another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about your job? And Why do you want to be part of NYI?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there was no negotitation

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

Many questions and test to see if you fit corporate culture. The final grade is a traffic light, green, yellow, red.

Interview Questions

• "I am going to interview 200 to 250 people this year and maybe hire 11-15 of them, why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The NYL partner took a very long time describing how good the company and the position is. She kept emphasizing that if you work hard you will succeed as a sales agent. Those who failed or quit are the lazy ones.

Not the career path I want to pursue at this point

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

I received a phone call and was told there would be 4 interview rounds and they will help me finish step by step. The second round is a face-to-face interview. This job is good for people who have good communication and sales skill and commission-based

I am interested in another job

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed many times (4 to be specific). The 1st is with the recruiter. The 2nd is likely that with a Partner. The 3rd is likely the Executive Partner or Group. The 4th is back with the Partner. There are tasks to be completed after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations? Please list 3 in the order of importance... Please explain each.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiation, because it is a sales position. It is a matter of how much do you believe you can sale without a safety net. I would definitely reconsider if this is your first job. Actually, I would doubt they would offer you the job if it is your first.

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call to discuss opportunity. Set up a personal interview to discuss the opportunity. We went over the requirements. We talked about the license requirements, and the compensation. The need to have fingerprints taken and the schedule of training. When that was completed we talked about business cards and the lead time that was required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (Las Vegas, NV) in November 2014.

Interview

had been New York Life long time ago.,I was good agent in Las Vegas,NV,Williong to assist clients pgoal for the futureroblem, Find right answer with study fixing family size and financial situation.

Anonymous Employee in Paducah, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Paducah, KY) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring process is crazy. Based out of New York so there are tons of hoops to jump through. Just when you think they couldnt ask for anymore paperwork, they do. They are looking for new agents to mold into a great sales person. If you are established, you can get a different kind of contract.

Interview Questions

• Can you name 100 people that you could do business with.   Answer Question