New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.3

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was called on several small interviews and was told to take a personality assessment. If I showed that I was good with sales, they would call for the next interview. Where they would further discuss the details. After about two meetings they ask you to take study and take the life and health exam

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Involved 2 different days with top management and a phone conversation. The first day was with head of office the second day was with managing partner and the head of the office. Afterwards a selection process and a phone call if selected.

Interview Questions

• Would I be comfortable selling?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

met them at a career fair and got called in for a preliminary interview. Very nice interactive interview. It was a pleasant interview with the recruiter who also shared her experience with the company, which very nice as it encourages one to want to become part of the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Seattle, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview was an informal one where the Senior Partner and myself discussed the company, the position, and expectations. The interview was actually the first in a series and the senior partner was upfront about that. Where some people would think this is a waste of time, I feel that it is a good way to gauge the commit of both parties involved when moving forward with bringing someone onto their team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

In the e-mail, they did not mention the position title. In the interview, I learned it was a sales position. 90% of the time the interviewer talked about the company rather than asking about my experience. He kept mentioning the possibility of making a lot of money in the future but in the meantime, you will not have monthly salary only the commission you gain from building your client base.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview is pretty laid back. They are more trying to figure out if your values and career goals align with what they are trying to recruit you for (selling their insurance products) rather than seeing if you are intellectually capable of doing the job. There are three total rounds. First round is mainly about you followed by an online assessment. Second round digs a little more into your network of people and potential to do the job followed by the recruiter more or less selling the position to you.

Interview Questions

• What three words would your best friend use to describe you? What three things do you want?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a 3-4 tier process. They give you more information, as your progress up the interview chain. Each step is a week. So, if you're interested & they are interested in you, you'll be invited back for another interview the following week. This may seem a bit long, but it weeds out the "kind of" interested people.

Interview Questions

• First interview was 30 min + a personality test. (1:1) + Online Application to complete.
      Second interview was 60 min (2:1)
      Third interview was 60-90 min (1:1 or 2:1)
      ....if needed, 4th interview....
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in February 2016.

Interview

There are a total of 3-4 interviews you will have to go through. The first is a simple evaluation and "get to know you" style, really relaxed. The second interview is centered around explaing the training and compensation. It lasts about and hour and a half and you're in the meeting with 4 or more people gunning for the same job. You're asked at the end of the meeting to fill out 5 names and numbers of people you would recomend for the job. You're also handed a packet that includes 150 blank spaces that you're to take home and fill with people you would try and sell instance to. You're also given instruction to fill out 5 "market research" packets that is basically you calling up 5 of the 150 people and actually talking to them about if they would've interested in buying insurance from Newy York Life. These exercises are to test your networking ability and "potential to succeed at New York Life". When you complete the 150 names and 5 "market research" packets, you'll be asked to a third interview. Here is where they decide if you're the candidate they want to hire.

Interview Questions

• If I mailed out 5,000 letters in this area with your face on it and a caption saying "if you recognize this person, please call this number", how many phone calls of people recognizing would be receive?   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I interview on-campus as the recruiter came to my school. She asked questions about me to get to know me and provided me with a lot of information regarding New York Life.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (White Plains, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview process was great. Person interviewing me made it very easy we talked about various things which lead into questions he wanted me to answer. Great first time interview experience.