New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.3

63 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple aptitude tests for suitability. Multiple interviews with different people inside HR and sales management. The do a very thorough job of making sure your personality and ethics will allow you to be good for the Company and their clients. I was impressed on how much emphasis was put on honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions

• What you rather do be a lawyer or an artist?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Employee in Grand Rapids, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Grand Rapids, MI) in March 2016.

Interview

The interview process is a 3-4 tier process. They give you more information, as your progress up the interview chain. Each step is a week. So, if you're interested & they are interested in you, you'll be invited back for another interview the following week. This may seem a bit long, but it weeds out the "kind of" interested people.

Interview Questions

• First interview was 30 min + a personality test. (1:1) + Online Application to complete.
      Second interview was 60 min (2:1)
      Third interview was 60-90 min (1:1 or 2:1)
      ....if needed, 4th interview....   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I was called on several small interviews and was told to take a personality assessment. If I showed that I was good with sales, they would call for the next interview. Where they would further discuss the details. After about two meetings they ask you to take study and take the life and health exam

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

met them at a career fair and got called in for a preliminary interview. Very nice interactive interview. It was a pleasant interview with the recruiter who also shared her experience with the company, which very nice as it encourages one to want to become part of the company.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in February 2016.

Interview

The interview was very brief. I interview on-campus as the recruiter came to my school. She asked questions about me to get to know me and provided me with a lot of information regarding New York Life.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Tulsa, OK) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview was lots of back and forth with the hiring manager describing the role and what the company had to offer, as well as what they were looking for. Powerpoint presentation was shown with info about the company, benefits of working there and how much average agents made. 3 step interview with the first being very general, the second consisting mostly of how you would make money and third with the highest up at the company along with the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• What are the top five qualities you possess that would make you successful in this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Smooth, it went by quite fast. I was probably there for like 45 minutes the first time. on the same day I was offered to come back for second interview, for which I had to sit down with the entire team of advisors that I was going to work with. That interview went well and I was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

The new agents are interviewed several times each interview is one hour. The general manager offers company statistical hand outs and related articles to read between interviews. The training program included taking tests related to certificate requirements for the industry.

Interview Questions

• What are your future needs vs. wants?   Answer Question
    • Tell me a little bit about your last job. How independent were you in creating your own schedule?   Answer Question

The manager explained that the position was not salaried but commission based for the duration of the training program.

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (White Plains, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

I meet one of the recruiting agents at a college career fair. My resume was handed in and then the ywo employees started to talk about the business. After two days, I got an offer to come in for a preliminary interview. When i got to the office, the managing partner was very nice and just asked me basic questions and told me the process on getting hired. The interview process is long, but it is only done so tjat yhe company can get to know about you and vise versa.

Sales Agent Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

I had an hour long meeting to discuss the opportunity within the company and was given a great presentation. I was told the average annual salary and benefits that would come with the position. I was then give an assessment on a computer which took about 15 minutes to complete. I was called later the same day and offered the position. I am still weighing my options.