New York Life Sales Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

2.3

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Interviewed many times (4 to be specific). The 1st is with the recruiter. The 2nd is likely that with a Partner. The 3rd is likely the Executive Partner or Group. The 4th is back with the Partner. There are tasks to be completed after the 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• What are your motivations? Please list 3 in the order of importance... Please explain each.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't much room for negotiation, because it is a sales position. It is a matter of how much do you believe you can sale without a safety net. I would definitely reconsider if this is your first job. Actually, I would doubt they would offer you the job if it is your first.

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

basic behavior questions, very nice person, makes me ask him a lot of questions. had to take a survey to evaluate your personality and see if you are fit to this job. made me practice with people around me to ask their preferences on having insurance.

Anonymous Employee in Lutherville Timonium, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Lutherville Timonium, MD) in March 2014.

Interview

Smooth, it went by quite fast. I was probably there for like 45 minutes the first time. on the same day I was offered to come back for second interview, for which I had to sit down with the entire team of advisors that I was going to work with. That interview went well and I was offered the position on the spot.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Oklahoma City, OK) in March 2014.

Interview

Multiple aptitude tests for suitability. Multiple interviews with different people inside HR and sales management. The do a very thorough job of making sure your personality and ethics will allow you to be good for the Company and their clients. I was impressed on how much emphasis was put on honesty and integrity.

Interview Questions

• What you rather do be a lawyer or an artist?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (San Jose, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a personality test, homework from a reading booklet, attending a class and another interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you least like about your job? And Why do you want to be part of NYI?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No, there was no negotitation

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Chicago, IL) in December 2013.

Interview

I got reference and came in to have a interview with a partner. It was very straight forward. The whole process contain 4 interviews. In the first interview, they will ask you few question to get to know you and they will spend more time to tell whats going on in New York Life.

Anonymous Employee in Edison, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Life (Edison, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Got a phone call to discuss opportunity. Set up a personal interview to discuss the opportunity. We went over the requirements. We talked about the license requirements, and the compensation. The need to have fingerprints taken and the schedule of training. When that was completed we talked about business cards and the lead time that was required.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The NYL partner took a very long time describing how good the company and the position is. She kept emphasizing that if you work hard you will succeed as a sales agent. Those who failed or quit are the lazy ones.

Not the career path I want to pursue at this point

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

Many questions and test to see if you fit corporate culture. The final grade is a traffic light, green, yellow, red.

Interview Questions

• "I am going to interview 200 to 250 people this year and maybe hire 11-15 of them, why should I hire you?"   Answer Question

Sales Agent Interview

Interview

I had two interviews but declined the third. I was told about the company mainly during the first interview what they had to offer. The second interview they explain their products and services. It was not right for me but sounded like an amazing opportunity.

Interview Questions

• The questions are pretty straight forward. Could you be comfortable without a guaranteed paycheck?   Answer Question