New York Life Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

2.0

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Creve Coeur, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Creve Coeur, MO) in November 2017.

Interview

Three rounds of interviews (if you make it that far), first was to see if you have chemistry and for the managing partner to see if you could be a good fit personality wise. If you are offered a second interview you fill out a personality assessment, if you pass then you continue and fill out the online application. There is also a value based sheet to fill out that you will talk about during the second interview. Lots of perks to the job, but they don't provide any clients and the salary base isn't much to live on if you're struggling with finding clients. Reward is great if you can put in the work and effort needed to succeed.

Interview Questions

• What will make you stand out above the other candidates that we'll remember you by?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at New York Life (White Plains, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Meeting with inside sales manager who’d becomes your partner / trainer and ÿinvitation to work compensation training learning how to get paid and the training process. The process for getting licensed.

Interview Questions

• Conversational. Seeing if your trainable. Take a test. Explain the business.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life (Tallahassee, FL) in September 2017.

Interview

A relatively quick screening interview. Very general questions about work history and why I was interested in the job and why I thought I would be a good fit there. Went over what I would be doing at New York Life and explained their expectations if I were to move along in the process. Took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have overcome adversity in your life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Portland, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

very cordial, unrushed, untense, friendly and engaging. one hour of back and forth employment background covering my resume and his history. very up about company and career. excellent describtion of training, process and long term training process...licenses needed and discussion of lead acquisition.

Interview Questions

• what was my favorite job from my past and why?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Norfolk, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Norfolk, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Informational, information gathering. Friendly atmosphere designed to inform the interviewee more so than to gather information on the person being interviewed. The company seems to have a lot of great efforts and is willing to train and develop new people coming on. This is a good interview to practice interviewing skills on if you are not interested in the sales industry.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Johnston, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

The job seemed too good to be true. I was told that the company was a great place to begin working and that I should expect to make a salary of about $70,000 a year. They neglected to let me know that their turnover was extremely high. I went through a couple of interviews and decided against taking a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Paterson, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was straightforward. You take online questionnaires which projects how successful you will be at the job based on your personality. An interviewer will present to you all the benefits of the job at the second interview and give you an assignment to complete for the third interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Four long interviews. and you need a warm market if you don't want to cold call. First interview was a one on one session and a get-to-know-you type of interview. The second interview was a group interview that introduced the way the company was organized. Third interview was financially focused and there was a personality quiz at the end, and I didn't go to the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• How prepared are you to ask friends and family to buy insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy and everyone was very friendly. The office in Orlando is nice and clean and very professional looking. They have a great training program that is offered to incoming trainees. I didn't move forward with the company since they didn't know how to handle international employees in regards to visas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Four separate interviews ranging in time from 1 and a half hours to three hours, lots of great information. Partner who I interviewed with became by mentor, boss, and friend along the way and would recommend this job.