New York Life Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated May 2, 2017

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Johnston, RI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Life (Johnston, RI) in January 2017.

Interview

The job seemed too good to be true. I was told that the company was a great place to begin working and that I should expect to make a salary of about $70,000 a year. They neglected to let me know that their turnover was extremely high. I went through a couple of interviews and decided against taking a position with the company.

Interview Questions

• What is your worst quality?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at New York Life (Paterson, NJ) in January 2017.

Interview

The first interview was straightforward. You take online questionnaires which projects how successful you will be at the job based on your personality. An interviewer will present to you all the benefits of the job at the second interview and give you an assignment to complete for the third interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Four long interviews. and you need a warm market if you don't want to cold call. First interview was a one on one session and a get-to-know-you type of interview. The second interview was a group interview that introduced the way the company was organized. Third interview was financially focused and there was a personality quiz at the end, and I didn't go to the fourth interview.

Interview Questions

• How prepared are you to ask friends and family to buy insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Orlando, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

It was easy and everyone was very friendly. The office in Orlando is nice and clean and very professional looking. They have a great training program that is offered to incoming trainees. I didn't move forward with the company since they didn't know how to handle international employees in regards to visas.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Boston, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

Four separate interviews ranging in time from 1 and a half hours to three hours, lots of great information. Partner who I interviewed with became by mentor, boss, and friend along the way and would recommend this job.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Life in September 2011.

Interview

When i took the interview one manager was asking me how i would react to rude costumers? do i like fashion? why do i want to work there? why do i like this store? have i ever encountered rude people?

Interview Questions

Negotiation

there was no negotiation of anything

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2010.

Interview

I applied through my college career website and was offered an interview the following week. I met with the head of a local office for an interview that lasted around an hour. After the interview, I took an online personality test with it implied that I would advance no further if I failed. Apparently I passed as he called the following day and wanted another interview on-site in his office. All went well in this interview and he offered me a job on the spot. I wasn't ready to commit yet so he told me I could take a week and come back the next week with a list of "practice leads".

Interview Questions

• What is something about you that will get in the way of your success in this career?   Answer Question

After given a practice lead sheet, which asked for 10 friends or family to offer three leads themselves, the whole thing just gave a crappy vibe. I didn't really want a career of pestering and bugging my family and friends simply so I could gain a commission.