New York Life Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 1, 2017

2.7

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life.

Interview

Received phone call, schedule in person interview right away. In person interview was all about motivation to make money. Took online personality profile. Mandatory 2 hour seminar with other candidates

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Eugene, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life (Eugene, OR) in April 2017.

Interview

It's a long process. The first day they ask all about you, then talk about the company and give you a test to see if you can continue pursuing a career with NYL. Next time they ask more about you then you learn more about what NYL sells and how they do it. Gave up after this as it did not seem right for me

Interview Questions

• Name someone close to you and how would they describe you in 3 words   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Interview

They will bring almost anyone in there--there was almost no screening beforehand. There was a test, which was not accurately described by the person who led me into the room to take it, which was focused on a candidate's attitude towards sales, insurance, and selling to people you know.

After the "test", I was informed that the person I had come to see was "in a meeting with corporate" and would see me the following week. Surely I understood, right?

Of course no one called. I never heard from them again.

Interview Questions

• Do you agree or disagree that insurance salespeople are honest?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Denver, CO).

Interview

Simple, basic questions about goals. what have you done in the past that would help you do what you decided to do. phone call from basic person to connect - then schedule next call with another main person

Sales Interview

Interview

I met a representative of the company at my college's career fair. A few days later I revived a phone call. A few days after that, I received a tour of the office and filled out an application. A few days later, I received a group orientation to learn more about the job and compensation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pomona, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Pomona, CA) in January 2014.

Interview

1st interview today and I felt like I was being sold.

Interview Questions

• What is a road block for you?   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York Life in March 2013.

Interview

Three interview process, very detailed... they make sure to discuss each step and expectations. Bob was very helpful and patient with me through the process. I have never experienced a more professional interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest regret.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Horsham, PA

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Horsham, PA) in August 2009.

Interview

The manager who recruited me was extremely upbeat, outgoing, and informative. It appeared as though he really loved his career and wanted to help me achieve my career goals as well. I first met the hiring manager at a career fair and became interested in the company because of his enthusiasm. I ultimately turned down the offer because I realized that I wouldn't enjoy selling insurance, but I highly recommend looking into New York Life.