New York Life Sales Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Life Sales Manager Interview Questions

Updated Oct 11, 2016

1.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Washington, DC) in October 2016.

Interview

Short, want to meet you right away. Always mention about making alot of money but very broad on giving details. I kept asking more details and the hiring manager just want to bring you in the office to tell you that you can make six or seven figure income. You must have an entrepreneurial spirit and ready to work. He also said you can get licensed within two weeks, I know that you have to study your butt off to do that.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for New York Life

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arvada, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Arvada, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

This interview was a complete waste of time! I met with a nicely dressed highly polished fellow who was like talking to a used car salesman. One of those guys that is selling you a clunker, but talking it up like it was a luxury vehicle.

I was contacted through LinkedIn to meet for coffee and talk about positions with New York Life. No detail provided, which should have been my first clue. I went to the Arvada, CO office and waited in the lobby for ~15 minutes. The fellow who contacted me finally came out and brought me back to chat. He then proceeded to tell me the million reasons why this was the best company to work for and all of the money I would make working there. Shortly into the interview, he starts asking me who my best friend is, wanting his specific name, as well as my family members names. After chatting about them for a while, he asks me to take an online personality assessment. Keeping in mind that I was just invited for a coffee chat, I'm thinking this whole thing is fishy. At the conclusion of the interview, he assigns me "homework" where I am requested to go online and fill out a bunch of personal information, then fill out some stupid document, and he would later contact me to schedule the second (of 4) interview.

As others have said, I think these guys are just fishing leads. Remember, once you have shown your hand and given away all of your contacts, you are no longer of use to them.

Interview Questions

• What is the name of your best friend? What is your wife name? What are your children names? Did you play sports? Did you letter in any sports?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Austin, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

I received a phone call Thursday or Friday night and probably a recruiter sales manager and sales associate positions available and which position but I want to interview for? I said sales manager because they have a base salary of $80,000 per year.

Interview Questions

• What kind of life do I see myself having?   1 Answer
    • How many people do I know in the Austin area, how well do I know them and how long have I lived in Austin?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

It was a joke! I received a call from an office employee, someone who had no recruiting experience, at New York Life. Her only job function was to call applicants and set up times for them to come in for sales positions they are trying to fill. I mentioned that I applied for a Sales Manager position and not the position she was attempting to have me come in for. She stated they are only given the applicants name and phone number and are paid by how many come in for an interviews. I asked if she could talk to her supervisor to let them know I had applied for the Sales Manager position. Placed on hold for several minutes. When she came back she told me they only hire sales people and do not hire managers. I thanked her and asked to remove my name from their list.

Interview Questions

I found them to be unprofessional in their recruiting efforts.