New York Life Interview Questions in Tampa, FL | Glassdoor

2.5

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

So far I've only had a phone interview, which was surprisingly quick. When the recruiter contacted me, he stated that it would take approximately 30-45 mins, well it only took 11 minutes. I was only asked 1 behavioral question and just general questions about myself. The interviewer was really nice and pleasant to speak with. He let me know the next steps, and in exactly less than a week i was contacted to do a face to face interview. I'm super excited and really nervous and i really hope I get it, because I'm very interested in the medical field and this is my opportunity. I worked with NYL before and can say nothing but great things about the company.

Intermediate QA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

2 interviews : 1'st 30 mins telephonic and 2'nd 1 hours 30 mins in-person (3 rounds : 12 peoples took interview). crazy thing is i end up repeating same things 3 times in these 3 rounds. Very Immature and frustrating , May god bless them.

Interview Questions

• 2 interviews : 1'st 30 mins telephonic and 2'nd 1 hours 30 mins in-person (3 rounds : 12 peoples took interview)crazy thing is i end up repeating same things 3 times in these 3 rounds. Very Immature process.   Answer Question

Sales and Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

It was easy and simple. The hardest part was filling all the out paperwork for the temp agency. The interview was quick the questions were easy comfortable and I was not nervous. Mainly because I really wanted the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for NYL?   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL).

Interview

There was an over the phone interview and an in person interview. The over the phone interview was used to see if you would make it to the next level, which was the in person interview. There was also a skills assessment that was used to see how you would respond to certain scenarios when a call came in to the customer service department.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They have some flexibility with what your schedule will be since they have early morning shifts, mid day shifts and evening shifts.

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online, and got a phone interview about 2 weeks.
    Most are behavior questions. And there are some questions related to annuity and actuarial exams you have taken. For example, Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?

Interview Questions

• Which section is most hard on your previous actuarial exams?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter with regards of a job opening for Customer Support position, she submitted my application to NYL. The next day I received a call from the NYL partner. We talked about what I am looking for and he emailed me the 2 test (one for the ability to communicate with customers via telephone and chat; the other - a personality test) that I needed to pass. The next week we agreed on a face to face interview, very beautiful building, very professional. Then I watched a presentation about the company history and the sales process. It took an hour to cover all the information, very helpful and informative. That was when I understood that the opening was for an insurance sales agent and not the position that I initially had in mind.

Eventually I said that I need time to think about the offer, as it wasn't really what I was looking for. Still thinking.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 3 years? Tell me something about yourself that is not in your resume.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

Interview was at a hiring agency not at the company building. Interview took approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Recruiter had an office that was provided to him for interviews. He asked me a few questions on my insurance background, licensing, and asked me if i was going to have any issues with the proposed work schedule should I be hired. After interview was concluded I was informed that I would be called in a few days if they decide to hire me. A few days later I was informed by the hiring agency that I had been hired and received instructions via email on what to expect/things that i needed to get done.

Interview Questions

• Schedule conflict based questions. Will you be able to work evenings, etc. Previous employment history/experience in call center work and reason for leaving previous employment.   Answer Question

Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in October 2015.

Interview

Really easy, the first time you meet with the hiring professional they ask mostly about your personality and how competitive you are. Second interview they explain you about the company and how you are going to make money. Third interview you start receiving some classes and guidance until the moment when you get your first license and then a final test where depending on your results you get selected or not

Interview Questions

• How do you handle competition or comission based project   1 Answer

Email Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL) in July 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with an HR Recruiter. Very nice person, but totally reading off a script. The most frustrating part was getting asked the same question over and over. As all HR people, they were asking about specific software or technologies that are not widely used, but since I didn't fill in the boxes - even though I had a lot of experience with similar technologies, I was most likely ruled out.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years.   1 Answer

CVP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York Life (Tampa, FL).

Interview

Had multiple interviews which were all positive but this is the "Good Old Boys Club". Don't bother applying if you are a very well educated female. Experience does not matter.Sales experience is important to them even if the role does is not around the sales process. HR will lead you on for a long time. Feel they use females to state they interviewed several candidates for each position.

Interview Questions

• Even though the position was not sales function, they asked about sales experience.   Answer Question