New York Public Library Library Page Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Public Library Library Page Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Public Library (Stamford, CT) in November 2016.

Interview

Great, they gave me a test to determine my ability to reason and categorize. My experience from working at Labor Ready, gave me the skills to adapt and acclimate myself to any situation. For this, I am eternally thankful!

Interview Questions

• Do I have any experience in warehousing and cataloging materials.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Public Library

Library Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Public Library.

Interview

The first interview is by one person and they will give you index cards to test your organization skills. Then a second interview will take place if all went well, you will be questioned by two staff members.

Interview Questions

• Several questions included about your studies, interest, goals, and as to why you wish to be employed by said library.   1 Answer

Library Page Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Public Library.

Interview

I applied online to various locations. I only revieved correspondence from the main branch. I recieved a call that i missed due to being at an internship. No voicemail. Then an email that afternoon to set up an interview. I got there early and had to wait because the interviewers was late. They took me to the back of the old storage room and pulled some chairs up. They were friendly and very approachable. They asked the basic questions and really want to make sure youre a team player, so they emphasize on questions dealing with teamwork and customer service.

Interview Questions

• They want an example that shows your customer service skills   Answer Question

At first I got the impression that because I lack customer service experience they overlooked me. A month later I was offered the job due to there still being vacancies, however because I wasn't enrolled in college this semester I couldn't accept the job.

Library Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Public Library in December 2013.

Interview

I applied for this job online and recieved a call within two weeks. It didnt feel like an interview it felt more like having a conversation with someone. The interviewer explained the job description and also gave me a tour since this was a new branch that did not open yet. She asked if I was familiar with the Dewey system which is how the library organizes books.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Public Library (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

They took me around the library, into meeting rooms and offices, and introduced me to the people who worked there. They showed me the computers, asked me to order books by number and by alphabet and if I knew how to do various things on the internet in case I needed to help patrons.

Interview Questions

• Do you know the Dewey Decimal System?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Public Library (New York, NY) in August 2010.

Interview

I dropped by the HR department to apply for the Library Page position. I was called back about 3 days later for an interview. The interview was scheduled for the following week. It was a 1:1 interview with HR, which was very simple and straightforward. They asked why I wanted to work in NYPL, favorite books/authors, previous jobs, customer service experience. All in all, easy general questions. After the interview, I received a call with an offer and directions to where I was going to be working. That was pretty much it.

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at NYPL?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They let you know your pay rate for the position.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Public Library (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Online application, got called by HR within a week for an interview where they just ask you to organize material alphabetically and numerically. Got called for a second interview onsite by the hiring department and interviewed followed by the job offer later in the day.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Library Page Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at New York Public Library in September 2008.

Interview

Sent my resume and cover letter in to the main branch, received a call within about a month. I came in for an interview, they gave me an assessment of my organizational abilities and then I was hired, held a meeting shortly after giving me documentation etc.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at NYPL?   1 Answer