New York Sports Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

Was asked to come and meet with manager in person after speaking to him on the phone the day before. He was late. Interview went well from what I could tell. Was very basic - mostly him just talking to me about the role. Asked me to fill out the application on their website and would be in touch. Never heard back from them again. Was as if the interview never happened. Not even a "Thanks but no thanks" email or anything.

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Hicksville, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. Durring the 1st interview, I was questioned about why I liked the company and why I thought I would be a good fit for this specific job. We discussed my employment history and we disussed what it would be like to work for the gym. I was asked if I could deal with pressure and if I had any problem with meeting sales quotas. I was given a tour of the gym and told they would be in touch for a second interview. The 2nd interview was simmilar to the first. I was asked a lot of the same questions but now they wanted to make sure that I would stick around and commit to NY Sports Club. I thought it went well but the guy sounded kind of rude when he said good bye to me. I didn't get the job : (

Interview Questions

• Employment history
      Why you like the company
      Why you like the job
      Will you stay with the company or will you try to use it as a stepping stone
      Are you comfortable with pressure and sales quotas   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Deer Park, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day from the manager. Interview itself was very laid back, with nothing unexpected. Asked to describe myself, why I thought I would be a good fit, a past experience that would help me in the job, etc.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Smithtown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Smithtown, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I submitted an application online for a certain location that I wanted to work at, another location called me 2-3 days later. I decided to go ahead with the interview. We spoke a little bit, exchanged information he needed about me. He was very interested in hiring me & it went very well. He hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Hours available, My schedule   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Came in and handed my resume package, got the interview after 30 mins. The whole process was not too difficult, mostly questions about your experience and also some questions about designing fitness plan for new customers.

Front Desk Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

Applied in person

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the 73rd Street UWS location. Fitness manager promptly started the interview at the scheduled time. It was pretty basic except I was interrupted many times before I could finish answering. They made no attempt to sell the job to me. After that I met the GM who asked many of the same questions: 'Why NYSC?' And 'Why do you want to be a personal trainer?' As well as factual ones like: 'Are you certified?', which was a bit disappointing because it shows she did not look at my resume the fitness manager put in front of her. In total, the entire interview lasted no more then 20 mins.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in March 2013.

Interview

not bad at all. was like any other interview. the process was smooth and simple. called me within a couple days after i applied and got an interview within that first week. They ask typical interview questions and what not. nothing to worry about. definitely practice your interview skills and have a decent resume and cover letter.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Stamford, CT) in May 2010.

Interview

Every one is very outgoing easy to work with and understandable

Interview Questions

• When theres no communication any question ask is hard to answer   1 Answer

Project Coordinator Interview

Interview

Very easy. Basic questions that I had to answer in he spot and over the phone. But this review is meant to throw people off so let's see what happens here