New York Sports Club Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Sports Club Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2017

2.2

51 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

it was like a regular conversation. it went smoothly. asked simple questions and trying to get to know me and what was put on my resume. after interview mandatory references must be given to be hired.

Instructor Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

Was asked to come and meet with manager in person after speaking to him on the phone the day before. He was late. Interview went well from what I could tell. Was very basic - mostly him just talking to me about the role. Asked me to fill out the application on their website and would be in touch. Never heard back from them again. Was as if the interview never happened. Not even a "Thanks but no thanks" email or anything.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY).

Interview

The Fitness manager contacted me from my submitted resume online. A phone call was scheduled and we discussed my current business but felt it was worth an in-person conversation. I agreed and met with her.

Interview Questions

• Being self-employed, how much time could I commit to working floor hours and off schedule training sessions?   1 Answer

Membership Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Hicksville, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I had 2 interviews. Durring the 1st interview, I was questioned about why I liked the company and why I thought I would be a good fit for this specific job. We discussed my employment history and we disussed what it would be like to work for the gym. I was asked if I could deal with pressure and if I had any problem with meeting sales quotas. I was given a tour of the gym and told they would be in touch for a second interview. The 2nd interview was simmilar to the first. I was asked a lot of the same questions but now they wanted to make sure that I would stick around and commit to NY Sports Club. I thought it went well but the guy sounded kind of rude when he said good bye to me. I didn't get the job : (

Interview Questions

• Employment history
      Why you like the company
      Why you like the job
      Will you stay with the company or will you try to use it as a stepping stone
      Are you comfortable with pressure and sales quotas   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

the interview process was very thorough and a lot of scenarios thrown in so that you may explain how you handle difficult situations with employees as well as clientele. A lot of questions based on past experiences at previous jobs as well as the reasons you decided to leave and move forward. Very few questions on fitness itself and reason why.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Deer Park, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and heard back the next day from the manager. Interview itself was very laid back, with nothing unexpected. Asked to describe myself, why I thought I would be a good fit, a past experience that would help me in the job, etc.

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in White Plains, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (White Plains, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It was fairly simple, they had open house and I arrived, spoke to the CSM and she gave me a run through of what the job required, then she asked when I could start, and I got the job the same day!

Interview Questions

• What makes you wanna work at New York Sports Clubs?   1 Answer

Fitness Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

All of the manager that I spoke with over the phone and in person were great. First was a brief call, then a face to face interview with an area manager, then face to face with the department director

Interview Questions

• Standard, "describe a situation, tell me about yourself, what would you do in this situation, blah blah blah"   1 Answer

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club.

Interview

Super Easy. Basic interview questions. Called in for a position opening someone told me about. Sent in my resume got a call back to come in for an interview went in and got the job on the spot.

Personal Trainer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview Process was straightforward. There were no trick questions. It was mainly about schedule, how to overcome sales objectives. Why are you passionate about personal training? There was also emphasis on how you maintain a healthy life despite work. I believe they were trying to get a sense of my commitment to sales and how I would be branding myself. Overall, it was a positive and easy interview.