New York Sports Club Personal Trainer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York Sports Club Personal Trainer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 5, 2017

2.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY).

Interview

The Fitness manager contacted me from my submitted resume online. A phone call was scheduled and we discussed my current business but felt it was worth an in-person conversation. I agreed and met with her.

Interview Questions

• Being self-employed, how much time could I commit to working floor hours and off schedule training sessions?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for New York Sports Club

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview Process was straightforward. There were no trick questions. It was mainly about schedule, how to overcome sales objectives. Why are you passionate about personal training? There was also emphasis on how you maintain a healthy life despite work. I believe they were trying to get a sense of my commitment to sales and how I would be branding myself. Overall, it was a positive and easy interview.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

I was supposed to interview with one person I ended up interviewing with two. They were very honest about the pay. I was offered the job on the spot but I was not very clear that I was.... They asked me general questions about fitness and my financial goals.

Interview Questions

• Do you have an issue approaching strangers on the floor about personal training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Deer Park, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

This location is desperate for trainers and will take anyone seeing as personal trainers especially good ones who know what they are doing who have good credentials. The interview was not much of an interview I kinda just went in met the manager and he was acting like he was incredibly superior to me. I almost got up and left because he was acting like he did not need me. Meanwhile I saw the add on craigslist, sent in my resume, and they called me 20 minutes later for an interview for later that evening.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of a online application which takes around one hour to complete, a phone interview (around 25 minutes of questioning) and a face-to-face interview which took around 25 minutes for completion. During the interview, the Manager asked for a lot of questions pertaining to goals and struggles etc., and sent you through a training for you to get prepared to work for their organization.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a personal trainer   1 Answer

Personal Trainer Interview

Interview

Came in and handed my resume package, got the interview after 30 mins. The whole process was not too difficult, mostly questions about your experience and also some questions about designing fitness plan for new customers.

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Applied online then initial contact was made via phone. After the phone interview I was invited to the location for a 1 on 1 or as it turned out 2 on 1 interview. We talked in his office and then another Manager joined and wasn't quite sold on me so we went into a hands on scenario. We went onto the gym floor and used a former employee to pretend to be a client of mine. After seeing how well I worked with her they were convinced and I was hired shortly after.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Walked into the manager's office and asked for an interview
    Submitted long application online about history, resume, and certificates
    Got an email asking me to come in for interview that week
    Interviewed a few days later with fitness manager
    Got a job offer the same day by email
    Accepted job offer by email and started working the following week

Interview Questions

• How would you train an older client?
      How would you train a pregnant client?
      How would you help someone with X issue during Y exercise?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

I was invited to the 73rd Street UWS location. Fitness manager promptly started the interview at the scheduled time. It was pretty basic except I was interrupted many times before I could finish answering. They made no attempt to sell the job to me. After that I met the GM who asked many of the same questions: 'Why NYSC?' And 'Why do you want to be a personal trainer?' As well as factual ones like: 'Are you certified?', which was a bit disappointing because it shows she did not look at my resume the fitness manager put in front of her. In total, the entire interview lasted no more then 20 mins.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York Sports Club (New York, NY) in June 2013.

Interview

I was pulled off of the floor (I was a member) and asked to become a trainer at that gym. Literally. She sent me a link to fill out and on a whim I did it, 2 weeks later they gave me a shirt and I started to do floor hours.

Interview Questions

• Nothing. They just asked if I had a degree.   1 Answer