New York State Department of Corrections Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York State Department of Corrections

Corrections Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Albany, NY).

Interview

Long and time consuming everything is based on appointments. U have to drive to albany ny like twice for the process and then the academy which is based out of albany and iams about 6 months long. U will stay on state grounds mon through fri

Interview Questions

• More questions about ur me tal state   1 Answer

Nurse RN Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections.

Interview

She scheduled my interview and then called out but I was accommodated by nice people. The officers are nice and the clinic is small yet busy. They seem to work together and I am waiting to hear back.

Correction Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Albany, NY).

Interview

The process consisted of initially taking a civil service test, upon completion of the test there is a substantial wait for grades to be posted. Once you pass the test you are called to Central Office for a physical and psychological screening. Once these are done a background check is completed and provided you passed all sections you will be called back for an interview.

PUA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Willard, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Willard, NY) in September 2014.

Interview

Easy, just have to have a great base knowledge, they are pretty flexable. the initial management was easy to talk to. after i got in i ended up dealing with an arrogant dirty politic manager

Interview Questions

• questions of an industrial boiler   1 Answer

Co Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NY

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Middletown, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

the process was long, over a year, intense but well worth it at the end. Great job with endless opportunities. I would encourage and suggest this job to anyone. Be honest and you will be fine. good luck

Lieutenant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Albany, NY).

Interview

Civil service test, at least 2 interviews. 8 weeks of training at the academy. Civil service test and 3 years as a Correction Officer. 2 weeks of training at the academy to make Sergeant. Civil Service test and at least 1 YR. as a permanent Correction Sergeant. 1 week at the academt to make Lieutenant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There are no negotiations. Union bargains with the State for contract.

Personnel Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

Quick Easy Simple Interview. Brief Questions Just To Get To Know What Kind Of Person You Are and Your Work Abilites, How well you get along with people, If you can work by yourself, How you deal with working in teams on projects.

Interview Questions

• Are You Able To Work Under Pressure?   1 Answer

Correctional Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at New York State Department of Corrections (Albany, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

Lengthy background check and Psych evaluation following testing. This is a Civil Service position and as such has an extremely large amount of applicants.Once you take the test and pass, you are required to go to Albany for a Psychological test and Physical. Assuming you pass you will be scheduled for an interview relating to your background etc.

Interview Questions

• You will be asked questions concerning your criminal history, background, why you want to work in Corrections. You are one of many thousands of candidates.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations this is a Civil Service position