New York State Energy Research Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

Interviews for Top Jobs at New York State Energy Research

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York State Energy Research (New York, NY) in April 2009.

Interview

it was an interview with the director of the new york office plus a senior manager and human resources manager from the Albany office (they joined via video conference). The interview was fairly typical - they targeted specific questions about elements of my work experience and then allowed a period for questions. after there was a shorter informal Q&A with junior staff members.

Interview Questions

• how does your previous experience fit into the NYSERDA programs?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at New York State Energy Research (Albany, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

Started with an initial conversation by the Hr. Hiring Manager. Explained my back ground an interest in the the position. She spoke about the generally about the Authority and the opportunity(very professional). After about 25 min I was offered an invitation to interview. Set a time within a week. Interview started in a conference room with the Hr. Hiring Manager 1st to review my resume and then 3 others joined in and unstructured interview asking mostly about my experience and skills. There was a little discussion about the job and hpw it fits with my career goals. Overall a relatively low key comfortable experience.

Interview Questions

• How do we know that you are planning to stay at this position for any length of time, not just until a better opportunity comes along   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiated for salary work schedule and educational benefits. Negotiate all the issues before accepting the offer