New York & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 12, 2017

2.0

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (Louisville, KY) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was fairly painful minus the paper application after doing one on Indeed. I went in the store did an interview with the Asst.Manager I was hired on the spot.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

Just asked simple questions , about five, but seemed like there was a second meaning behind them. It was a one on one interview. It was easy to apply , it just took a while at the store waiting for the manager.

Interview Questions

• How is the service you have received in other stores and what would you do to change it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Asked me about my strengths and weaknesses, what would I do in a given situation, talked about job description, what would be asked of me if I was given the opportunity, how much the position paid, and they told me that they would get in touch with me within a week if I got the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy process. Took my application to the NY&C location that I was applying to and was asked to come in for an interview in 2 day. Came in for the interview and was asked about 3 easy questions and was hired on the spot. Make sure you are ready to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to NY&C?
      How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Freelancer Interview

Interview

Met with hiring manager then the next day was offered the job. Spoke in length for about an hour. Very easy and casual discussion. Gave some background on company, expectations.

Interview Questions

• What are some strengths and weaknesses? What has been a success story for you at any of your previous positions   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

It was fairly easy because at the time they really needed to hire associates. the store was short staffed and so I came in as a temporary sales associate and then once he holidays were over they allowed me to continue working. She

Assist Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in LinkedIn, ,contacted me for phone interview, Spoke with HR, another interview with Buyer , came in to take excel retail test, another interview with associate merchant and lastly interview with Merchandising manager then hired

Anonymous Employee in Saint Augustine, FL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York & Company (Saint Augustine, FL) in November 2016.

Interview

I was immediately put off by the state of the back office where I was interviewed. There were old coffee cups around, the floor was gross, and it overall looked unorganized. The manager was very nice and offered me the job on the spot. I did ask if there was any room for growth in management and I was told that it might be possible if there was a position to open up. I wish she would have told me at that time that she was leaving and several employees were as well. It did leave room for growth, but my qualifications could have allowed me to be hired at a higher starting position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable promoting and encouraging the New York & Company credit card?   1 Answer

Part Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exton, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (Exton, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was quite standard and easy. First, the interviewer asked me to tell me about myself. She, then, informed me about the company and responsibilities about the position. Answering the questions truthfully and with great morale. Be yourself.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I came across a huge billboard ad for hiring and applied the same day. I got a email for an interview a week later. It was a group interview so everyone got a chance to speak. It was very friendly, conversational and comfortable. Then if you were considered for the position you were called for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • Who is a working woman and how would they dress?   1 Answer