New York & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 30, 2018

2.1

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York & Company (Spartanburg, SC).

Interview

I interviewed with the District Manager, and then a 2nd interview with one of his training Store Managers. After that, I had a phone interview with the Regional Manager. It was a very smooth process, and they thought I would be a great fit for the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a difficult customer experience?   1 Answer

Junior Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York & Company (Cincinnati, OH) in April 2018.

Interview

Informal but specific questions. Easy flow with SM. Wanting to know strengths and degree of positive attitude I possessed. Background check, interview at District Manager level. Interview was positive and exciting.

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

I applied online and received an email setting me up for an interview about 4 days after applying. It was an group interview, was really easy and straightforward. Manager was awesome really cool and laid back.

Key Holder Interview

Anonymous Employee in Douglasville, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (Douglasville, GA) in January 2018.

Interview

Once I applied, I called and spoke to a manager. Then a couple of days later they called me to come in for a interview. It was a group interview and the assistant manager was the interviewer. She asked for us to walk around the store and create an outfit of our choice and talk about why we chose those items. It didn't even feel like a interview. The manager was asking us questions but she would go in depth to explain what the store and herself are looking for. I felt really comfortable and it was short. The questions were logical and I was offered a position a day later. The training process is easy as long as you write down what your manager is showing you then you're ok. A little hint for anyone in the future, after you have applied online, don't be afraid to call the store to speak with the manager and let them know that you have applied online for that specific position. That's your time to ask when they will begin pulling applications and calling people for interviews. Then within that given time, call to check on the status of your application. I have done this with every job I had, including this one, and it has not failed me yet. Managers like seeing dedication and persistence. Most people put in their application and don't follow up, and you can easily become lost within the hundreds of people that are applying also. I just thought to put that out there. The best of luck to you all!

Co-Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (Bowie, MD) in January 2018.

Interview

I submitted an application online and I also submitted my resume and a hard copy application to the store via courier. I received a call a few minutes after the manager received my resumé. She informed me that there was no longer a co-manager position for the store but that there was an assistant manager position and asked if i would still like to interview. I agreed and interviewed 2 days later. I was unofficially offered the job. I am now waiting for phone interview w/ DM and/or RM and results of background check. So i’m just waiting! I’m a bit annoyed though. The position for co-manger was reposted on Glassdoor 1 day ago even though I was told there was no longer a need for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about NY & Co.?   1 Answer
    • What is your management style?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had an experience where you had to discipline or reprimand an employee?   Answer Question
    • What do you think about the Gabby line?   1 Answer
    • Do you have any questions for me?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I received an unofficial offer. I still need to phone interview with the DM or the RM. There was no negotiating as I was told that the assistant manager position pays less than the Co-manager position and is basic across the board regardless of experience or education.

Anonymous Employee in Round Rock, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York & Company (Round Rock, TX).

Interview

It was a quick in store interview with the main store manager. She asked mostly questions about work ethic, what I was willing to do, how much I was willing to work, etc.

Interview Questions

• What times are you willing to work?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

First interview was a group interview with the store manager. There were about 6 girls total. Each person had a chance to answer the same question, so it was tough for whoever had to go first. From there you were selected for a one on one interview with another manager.

Interview Questions

• A customer comes in and asks for help on choosing an outfit. What clothes do you select for her?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (Richmond, VA) in December 2017.

Interview

The first interview was in the store and was very casual. It was more of a conversation about the desperate position of that location. I thought for sure I had the job. Then I got a call saying I needed to interview with the regional manager. This was in a different location, in the mall's food court. It lasted for about an hour and she asked me more specific questions about revenue and customer conversions. She said that there would need to be a third interview for the district manager, but it may not be for several weeks. I'm still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in Spanish Fort, AL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (Spanish Fort, AL) in November 2017.

Interview

I was taken into the office which was located in the back of the stool, off of the sales floor. The hiring manager (who was the store manager) asked me a serious of questions and recorded my answers. After she asked all of her questions, she asked if I had any questions. After that, she said she would call in about a week and then I was free to go.

Interview Questions

• What would your last boss say about you?   1 Answer
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever caught a co-worker stealing, and what did you do about it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a job board and they emailed me a date and time for a group interview, the group interview went well and i got an offer on the spot