New York & Company Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York & Company Interview Questions

Interviews at New York & Company

2.1

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

Very easy, I walked in and picked up an application. Then brought back the application and was basically hired on the spot. I had a very short "interview" where they asked very basic questions and then went over my availability and the employee benefits.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a negative experience with a costumer, and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at New York & Company in November 2019.

Interview

It took two months for the recruiter to schedule a single phone screening. Then the recruiter emailed me to say that "the recruitment for the position had slowed down" and that I should apply to a different Graphic Designer position at their company (with no job number nor was even listed on their career page). When I tried to follow up on that new position, I was met with silence. No reply to my follow-up emails, no reply to my voice message - nothing. Meanwhile, their competitor had 2 phone screenings and an in-person interview set up with me during that amount of time. If you can't even put together a functioning talent acquisition/HR department, then how do you expect to put together a functioning company?

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions, since I withdrew my application.   1 Answer

Graphic Designer - Eva Mendes Collection Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Honestly, one of the worst interviews I've ever had. The HR person I met with basically laughed when I told her my current salary and said, "That's...low." When the guy from creative finally showed up it was clear that he had forgotten he even had an interview and ate his lunch (soup) while he interviewed me for 10 minutes tops. I left feeling like they couldn't have cared less that I had even showed up. I never heard a peep until I finally followed up and the HR person was like, "we hired someone."

Technical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

The interview process was quick. Once I was able to set up the phone interview, it took just a few days to receive feedback. There was positive feedback along with a prompt decision. The call was a bit robotic and was called a chat instead of an interview.

Assistant Manager Interview

Interview

Very lengthy and extensive. I was asked to come back 3 times before an offer was made, I'm assuming they wanted to see how eager I was for the role.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company in January 2019.

Interview

I applied online and after a week I got a call to schedule an interview. The next day I went to give me interview. I was greeted rather cheerfully. The store manager took me to a side of the store and began with the interview.

Interview Questions

• The interview started with the most expected question; describe yourself. I was then asked about some incidents where I had to deal with a difficult situation with a customer.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in North Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (North Brunswick, NJ) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview process was brief, which included a series of phone calls and two interviews with the store manager. The store manager asked basic questions about professional skills and interest in New York & Company.

Sales Lead Interview

Interview

basic questions, come in there with a smile on our face and know information about the company. Make sure that you are dressed professional, There was 2 interview that I had to go through

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone call with HR. Then In person interview with hiring manager, manager, and merchant in the same 1.5 hour span.

Didn’t even get to the interview with the manager and merchant because I “have not visited a store recently and the manager wants to speak to store visit”. If you’re applying for even an assistant role, visit the store and I guess devote all of your time until your interview to shop the stores and analyze trends and talk to how their stores compare. Apparently that’s all they care about, even if you have other qualifications. Even for an ASSISTANT position where they should be teaching you those things. It’s NY&Co, but act like Gucci.

Good luck.

Digital Content Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in October 2018.

Interview

Had a great phone interview/screening and was brought into headquarters in NYC about 2 weeks later. The interview was totally negative, and quite frankly, unprofessional, experience. At the time I had 5 years of semi-relevant working experience and was told bluntly that I deserved an entry level role and salary. I have never been treated so horribly during an interview and I hope that that particular hiring manager does not treat other applicants this way. Additionally, he tried to tell me that his "honesty" was valuable information/feedback for my future interviews. I completely understand that I was not the right fit for this position, but there are a million better ways to tell someone this than the way he did.

Interview Questions

• How much experience do you have with uploading large quantities of content assets on to websites?   Answer Question