New York & Company Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview Questions | Glassdoor

New York & Company Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview Questions

1.7

4 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at New York & Company in August 2014.

Interview

Interview was extremely basic. Questions were asked such as 'Name a time in which you experienced great customer service' or 'What would you do in this situation (saw someone stealing from the store, unruly customers, etc.)' It was a group interview as well, so be prepared in case you have to go against any other interviewees.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to help the company's customer retention and turnover rates?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for New York & Company

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company.

Interview

I had to fill out an application and it took them about two to three weeks to call me about an interview. There was one interview and after it they called to see when I could go in to fill out paperwork and when I could start my training. They also do a background check.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to talk about myself which I found to be difficult.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Key Holder Interview

Interview

I filled out an application, got a phone call, came in and met with the manager. She asked a few questions and I was offered the job. I took it ad I did not like the job I was offered at another store.

Anonymous Employee in Bronx, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York & Company (Bronx, NY) in July 2012.

Interview

I approached an Associate Manager one day to request an application. She gave me one, indicated that I should attach a resume and return on Friday when the General Manager would be there. She then put in a good word for me and I came in to see the General Manager. She set up an interview with me for 2pm on Saturday. During that interview I explained why I wanted the job, what my plans were for that year, and my former experience. The SSL explained a bit about the company, dress code, and what my expectations would be. Then she offered me the job and I accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I asked for the base salary appropriate to my experience level and it was granted.