New York & Company Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 27, 2017

2.2

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied through a job board and they emailed me a date and time for a group interview, the group interview went well and i got an offer on the spot

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I would not say the interview was not professional, but it's definitely the worst one I've done.

First, they wanted to bring me for 2 rounds of in-person interview. I don't like it since I am still full-time employed, but I still think it's reasonable in this city. I told the HR my thoughts. He's like "we're very flexible, come to meet with the hiring manager, if you perform very well, you may just get the offer and no need to come in again. " It turned out it's a lie because later when he told me to come in again to meet the CMO in person, which is a must for this hiring process. Anytime, the first round of in-person interview went well. I got invited for another final in-person interview to meet 5 ppl.

So that afternoon, right after I got there, the HR told me that "oh, our CMO has a conflict, so she cannot meet you now, but she has to see you b/c it's a must for this role, go interview with the other 4 ppl, then we will check to see CMO can see you". So he gave me two options - 1 is to wait until 7pm to see if she can see me by then, 2, is to come in to the office again, which will be the 3rd time for me to come in. After I met with 4 ppl, the HR said he's going to check to see if CMO is ready to see me. Then, he disappeared for 30MINS!!! I, as a candidate, was sitting in a conference room for 30mins, did not know what I should do. Plus, my phone died. 30 mins later, the HR still gave that 2 opitions and said he's leaving, so if I wanted to meet with CMO at 7pm, call her assitant. I was sooo angry but I still said in a polite way that I will come in another day.

Of course, I didnt go back again. That afternoon was horrible. You should NOT leave your candidate waiting and sitting for 30mins without checking in. 7pm is not a legit time for interview!

Worst interview expereience ever!!!

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Received an email the same day from HR requesting a time to set up to chat on the phone. After phone call, HR women told me that she would love to for me to come in. First time meeting was with HR and Buyer, 2nd meeting was with VP of Merchandising and Associate Buyer. Process took 2+ weeks. Last interview was on a Friday. Heard back the following Tuesday I got the job.

Copywriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Rude and dishonest - The HR manager scheduled me for three interviews. One with her and the rest with the Hiring Manager. In the middle of our interview, she pretended that the HR managers were held up in a meeting and said she didn't want me to wait around and would be in touch to reschedule. Then she never replied to my thank you note and did not reach out to reschedule. Very disrespectful.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Easy process. Took my application to the NY&C location that I was applying to and was asked to come in for an interview in 2 day. Came in for the interview and was asked about 3 easy questions and was hired on the spot. Make sure you are ready to describe yourself.

Interview Questions

• What brought you to NY&C?
      How would your best friend describe you?   Answer Question

Assist Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in LinkedIn, ,contacted me for phone interview, Spoke with HR, another interview with Buyer , came in to take excel retail test, another interview with associate merchant and lastly interview with Merchandising manager then hired

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I came across a huge billboard ad for hiring and applied the same day. I got a email for an interview a week later. It was a group interview so everyone got a chance to speak. It was very friendly, conversational and comfortable. Then if you were considered for the position you were called for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • Who is a working woman and how would they dress?   1 Answer

Assistant Stylist Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for this position online and received a response right away, in fact, the same day. First, I was told that I would be doing a phone interview. Then it turned into an in-person interview with Talent Acquisition and the Hiring Manager/Lead Stylist. No big deal. When I get to the interview, it turns out the Lead Stylist was out of the office. That threw me off a little bit... but I still went ahead with the interview. The interview itself was very awkward, perhaps because I don't think Talent Acquisition had as good of an understanding of the role like a stylist would. After the interview, I was advised that I would be sent information on the next steps... however, I never heard back from the Hiring Manager or the Lead Stylist, despite following up with both of them about a week later.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with a client that doesn't like the outfit that you've picked for them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in East Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at New York & Company (East Brunswick, NJ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied onlinevia Indeed. I got a call 2-3 days later. During the interview, I was asked basic questions about why I wanted to enter retail, my work ethic, and how I define "dishonesty."

Interview Questions

• How do you define "dishonestly?"   1 Answer

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and represented the company well. The interview process was organized and easy. The questions were easy to respond to. Be positive, be a problem solver, and a multitasker The work atmosphere is typical clothing retail.