New York & Company Interview Questions in New York City, NY | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

2.1

Assist Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied in LinkedIn, ,contacted me for phone interview, Spoke with HR, another interview with Buyer , came in to take excel retail test, another interview with associate merchant and lastly interview with Merchandising manager then hired

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

I came across a huge billboard ad for hiring and applied the same day. I got a email for an interview a week later. It was a group interview so everyone got a chance to speak. It was very friendly, conversational and comfortable. Then if you were considered for the position you were called for a one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you prepare for this interview?   1 Answer
    • Who is a working woman and how would they dress?   1 Answer

Store Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter was very professional and represented the company well. The interview process was organized and easy. The questions were easy to respond to. Be positive, be a problem solver, and a multitasker The work atmosphere is typical clothing retail.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

the process was simple and short.1st interview - met with the HR manager when the power went out for about 30 minutes - oddly enough, the manager continued to interview me as if nothing happened.
    2nd interview - met with the person who would become my boss.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

I applied in person, a couple of days later got a call to set up an interview. Interview was basic retail questions and was hired on the spot. Relatively easy interview.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Astoria, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (Astoria, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Interview process went great. The interviewing manager was warm and welcoming. She made me feel comfortable. That is a major plus when being out of the workforce for 5 years you feel scared and nervous.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me a time where you used great customer service.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations.

Assistant Merchant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First you meet with HR, then the hiring manager. If that goes well you will have to come back in to meet with the Vp of merchandising . You will have to take an excel test.

Interview Questions

• How your excel skills were? What you wanted to do in the future? Where you saw yourself in 5, 10, 15 years.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at New York & Company (Brooklyn, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

I got called in for an interview, A lady looked over my resume while i filled out paperwork. ADVICE: don't apply if your only 16. I applied and got called in for an interview just so they can tell me that i'm too young for the job and get turned back around. I didn't even start the interview process yet. i was just filling out workforce 1 papers.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at New York & Company (Newark, NJ) in August 2015.

Interview

It was quick and manager was very friendly. The manger made me feel very comfortable and they especially needed people available for the up coming holidays. It was in a open space area.

Interview Questions

• Basically describing the job and over all. Hired on the spot.   Answer Question

ASM PT Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at New York & Company (New York, NY) in July 2015.

Interview

The management seem low key
    They didn't have to much say during the interview just gave some information but it was ok because I'm a talker
    The DM is a joy very upbeat we both were talkers