NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare Interview Questions

Updated Jul 12, 2017

3.1

Interview

Very informal interview with multiple members of the team. Some clinical questions but mainly felt like the team was trying to get a sense of personal/interpersonal qualities and get to know the candidate more in depth. To specify, this was for an entry level position so for more senior positions there may be more clinical questions involved.

MLS Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

It took three weeks from the application day to the day of the offer. Very nice people. They always made me feel comfortable during the three different interviews. It started with an application online. Then a phone call from HR, first interview over the phone, second interview over the phone, and final interview in person with the manager.

Interview Questions

• What would I do in a difficult situation   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tarrytown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (Tarrytown, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I received a phone interview within several days of applying. The conversation went well and we arranged an in person interview with the woman who phoned and someone else. One of them had to cancel so I met another. She asked alot of pointed questions and when she described the job it was apparent to both of us that it would not be a good fit for me. I was not surprised to receive a follow up email that they were declining to make an offer and were instead pursuing other candidates; on the contrary I appreciated the closure and it confirmed my earlier conclusion.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a project that you headed and how you planned for and executed it.   Answer Question

Recruiter - Talent Acquisition Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (New York, NY).

Interview

I received minimal information over the phone; I asked a lot of questions, but the person I spoke with told me that the recruiter would answer them in my interview. I thought it was strange that someone would call me about a job, but then not be able to tell me anything more than what I had already learned from the posting.

Interview Questions

• They asked me questions about several of their problems: overworked recruiters, too many open jobs...I got the feeling that their turnover is based on the fact that most people there are overworked.   Answer Question

I felt that I could do more elsewhere. My interviewer (who was doing a job similar to the one I would do) met with me in a messy, dark, cramped office behind a desk that was FILLED with papers. She didn't seem happy. It made me think less of NYP.

Professional Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cortlandt Manor, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (Cortlandt Manor, NY).

Interview

Interviews with HR, department manager, department director, and team members - very in-depth, but reasonable, intelligent questions. Slow-moving HR personnel. Was offered an unreasonably low annual salary - I asked for more - they agreed to reconsider - but they countered with the same offer.

Interview Questions

Was offered a salary lower than the market norm

Assistant Clinical Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

It wasn't an unpleasant experience. The DON put me at ease and introduced herself in a professional friendly manner. The rest of the panel interviewed me individually and told me about the position and their expectation and asked me also about my expectations.

Interview Questions

• The most challenging experience I have experienced in my nursing career.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

text interviews

Director Marketing and Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peekskill, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (Peekskill, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

The process for professional and the people are nice. I was treated fairly. I responded to an ad in the newspaper, which was followed by an interview with HR and the hiring manager, then an interview with the other "ladies" in the department, I guess to see if I was a good fit, and then an interview with the president of the hospital. I had to wiat nearly three weeks to find out that I did not get the job. Follwoing my interview with the president , there was such a lag that I thoough they had made a decision, so I wrote a note. I was told that were still intervwing. It was a long process.

Interview Questions

• How would the the Preisdent at the other hopsital you work discribe you.   1 Answer

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cortland, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Healthcare (Cortland, NY) in January 2009.

Interview

I was made very comfortable questions pertained to clinical experience and knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What could I bring to the unit and asked how would I handle a disgruntled family member.   Answer Question

Negotiation