NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital IT Project Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1.0

IT Project Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in June 2012.

Interview

First a recruiter contacted me. Be warned, the NYP salaries are LOOOOW. Recruiter said let's try anyway with the number I was seeking. Next came a phone interview with HR -- person was nice but was not able to answer any detailed job questions and said this would be a lateral move because I was already above the max. Umm, no, I already said the number I was seeking to the recruiter and I have a secure job paying more at a similar world-class hospital -- why would I move for less or equal pay? HR then said they would pass me to the next level and we can see what happens.

NYP was excellent about weekly emails about my application status. The last email was I was not considered for the next stage of interviews. Recruiter said it was probably the money. Well then why didn't we end the process right from the very beginning so we don't waste time?

I wrote the HR person who provided the weekly updates asking if applicants are able to contact HR to at least get ranges BEFORE applying for a position, so no time is wasted (both NYPs and the applicant's) -- no reply. Unprofessional -- red flag for how they operate internally.

As others have stated here, I also get the impression NYP HR is disorganized. Plus, their online application system is ridiculous. Many companies allow you to upload a resume which auto scans in and fills the fields, then answer a few questions, and hit Submit. NYP, however, expects you to enter screens and screens of detailed data, and states it will take 30 minutes to one hour to apply! Also, it malfunctions, and what you entered before hitting save is gone. I'm not spending one hour on the computer to apply for one single job and I don't even know what level/salary the position is. Wake up NYP. You have openings that are vacant for months -- probably partly because people give up trying to apply online.

NYP, do some more "Amazing Things" and perform a usability assessment on your online application system and a workflow and competency assessment on your HR department and HR staff.

Interview Questions

• None. HR could not answer ONE question.   3 Answers