NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

R N Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

I was hired that day and received a tour of the unit. Such a great experience Everyone was very friendly the day I arrived and helpful. I'd recommend this hospital to many others

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

I interviewed for the Pharmacy Intern position years back. I believe it was back in 2012. I applied through my university's job bank and received a phone call to schedule an interview. During the phone call they asked me why I chose pharmacy, my GPA, and brief general questions about me. I then had an interview with the HR staff. I remember it was a young white male that had interview me. The front HR secretary was a young asian lady that took a copy of my intern license.

During the interview process, the HR guy was friendly, but he was literally just asking me questions that were pre-written from a gathered list. I honestly thought the questions he asked me were not relevant to my field nor the position I was applying for. I remember he would ask me a management question, when I was applying for a pharmacy intern position. He was reading off the list and told me I was allowed to skip/not answer one question. In my opinion, it was a waste of time interviewing with him because he knows nothing about the pharmacy profession. He asked me questions that were geared for other positions and I remember he was trying to choose which questions to read off and ask me.

Thus, in spite of the fact that he was friendly, I knew he didn't have a clue about my profession. I don't know about how much the interview process has changed. However, I do know that I would never want to work for NYP. I work as a pharmacist now and at Montefiore the interview process is much better. I was called directly by the pharmacy director and then had an interview with her and the panel of pharmacy managers. They are directly related to my field and know which questions to ask and understand the profession well.

I believe NYP should have better HR staff that know more about the position people are applying for. Also, I think NYP is very much all about GPA's and value higher GPA's in candidates. I know of several people that work at NYP and I can't say that it is a good environment to work for.

Interview Questions

• Management questions. Tell me about a time when you had to go against company's policies. What did you do and what was the result?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Had a phone screening interview with Talent Acquisition which included a series of basic screening /getting to know you questions. After that phone call I was invited to interview in-person.

Physician Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied for new grad position. Very welcoming talent acquisition team. Considerate of your preferences. Have a lot of openings and demand for physician assistants. Hospital is know to give a fair ordeal of autonomy to physician assistants. Will recommend to all physician assistants looking for a job in New York City.

Interview Questions

• What department is your first choice?   1 Answer

Mar 17, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for sharing your comments. We're happy to hear you had a welcoming and engaging interview experience. Congratulations on your new role as a Physician Assistant and welcome to ... More

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The process ran smoothly. Two months after applying, I received a phone call to schedule an interview, which was the next day. The interview was one-on-one and my interviewee was very nice and easy-going. They asked me questions about myself and my reasons for volunteering. Overall, the interview was a good experience and pretty clear-cut.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Applied online and received an email about a week or two later to set up an in-person interview with the department manager and director. Two 30 minute one on one. Mostly behavioral questions and talking about past experiences.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

The Talent Acquisition Team was very nice and helpful. I first had recieved an email to set up a phone interview. Was asked basic questions about my work history and why I want the position. Then was emailed to set up an in-person interview with a recruiter and the director of the unit. They told me they'd let me know, it could take up to 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Feb 16, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We’re glad that our Talent Acquisition team provided a positive experience for you. Best of luck on your upcoming interviews with our outstanding ... More

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and the process took approximately 2 months. I had a phone interview with a nurse recruiter and then attended the New Grad job fair. Then, I had an interview with the nurse manager, clinical manager, and two staff nurses.

Interview Questions

• How do you deal with conflict? What is the most difficult clinical experience you have had? How do you think you will fit in with this unit?   Answer Question

Mar 17, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

We're glad to hear you had a positive experience attending one of our exciting Nursing New Grad events. Congratulations on your new role with NewYork-Presbyterian!

Certified Anesthesia Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

The whole thing went supper fast. I was hired and in the door in two and a half weeks. Coming from many states away, I was really happy they wanted to move so fast. HR was great! There was no delay on anything.

Interview Questions

• what problems have you had with other co workers and how did you deal with it   Answer Question

Jan 26, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for taking the time to leave this feedback. We’re happy to hear you had a quick and seamless interview process. Welcome to NewYork-Presbyterian!

Medical Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Normal Interview questions with Nurse manger, practice administrator, charge nurse and physician present. Second interview would involve tour and other support staff for a meet and great.
    Also a tour of facility included

Interview Questions

• How would you handle conflict with a patient ?   1 Answer