Cover image for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Feb 2, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 629 of over 629 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

Interview is via Zoom, which includes several pharmacy managers. It starts with self introductions, then proceeds to managers asking questions, and finally applicant will get a turn to get more info.

Interview Questions
  • Questions include why did you apply for this position, your strengths and weaknesses, a few on handling difficult situation/conflicts with coworkers.
    Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

After applying, I was called by the nurse recruiter and scheduled for a zoom interview the next week. One with the recruiter and the second with a panel of nurses from the floor. Standard interview otherwise.

Interview Questions
  • Why nursing? How have you handled conflict? Clinical experience?

The latest conversations about Healthcare

Join the conversation on

Healthcare

6h

works at

U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs

I already put in my 2 weeks notice to my work place, my supervisor was mad at me because since I just received retention bonus that will expire for a year, she’s saying I can’t leave. She has explained to me that if I leave, I might have to pay back the retention bonus. Do you think they will reject my 2 weeks notice or I just can pay them back? I need to get out from this toxic work environment. I did not tell them that I already accept another job which is better pay.

3 Comments

Healthcare

132.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/medicine-2/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Industry-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital~121522
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY)

Interview

The interview process went very smoothly. I had two interviews in one day, one with the director of nursing and the other with the nursing recruiter. Both were friendly & made me feel comfortable throughout the entire interview.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself and why you’re interested in working as a CNA for New York Presbyterian?
  • Tell me how you handled a difficult situation?

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

It was sweet and short, very nice. not intimidating. just know the basic interview questions. dont worry about it that much. you have to show your confidence throughout the interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

Quick, 15-30 mins, but professional. The manager took the time to get to know me and find out if I was a good fit for the job; explained what the job entailed to help me decide if this also aligned with my career goal.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in Jan 2023

Interview

The zoom interview process was the shortest and the most unprofessional I have experienced. Without any introduction I was asked to introduce myself, right after my introduction I was asked about my RC experience (I explained the project I worked on for RC) . There was uncomfortable silence and when I asked questions that's when I found information which was relevant but not emphasized on the job posting . The feeling I was left with was awful. What a waste of 15minutes but great experience about what type of leadership and culture that role is in.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

Mostly interviews via zoom. more conversationalist than question and answers. multiple interviewers. Fairly straightforward interview. questions based on department being applied for, fair questions. experienced two interviews, each for 15- 30 minutes each.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

Be sure to ask for follow-up and for when to reach back. The interview was well and there is clear communication between both parties. Be sure to make sure you are interviewing for the correct position as it may cause confusion.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

Interview

I interviewed with the HR recruiter on the phone first then the manager of the floor then the workers on the floor. Overall it was a smooth interview process and each question was easy to answer.

Interview Questions
  • When is a time you have had to deal with a difficult patient and how did you handle it?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in Dec 2022

Interview

Interview was quite Fine but these people let me put in my resignation from my other job only to hear couple days before my start date that I didn’t get the job for a high school Diploma that I didnt need that is so messed up

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 629 Interviews

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interviews FAQs

Glassdoor users rated their interview experience at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital as 74.0% positive with a difficulty rating score of 2.72 out of 5 (where 5 is the highest level of difficulty). Candidates interviewing for Registered Nurse and RN rated their interviews as the hardest, whereas interviews for Physician Assistant and Registered Nurse, BSN roles were rated as the easiest.

The hiring process at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital takes an average of 37 days when considering 684 user submitted interviews across all job titles. Candidates applying for Physician Assistant had the quickest hiring process (on average 29 days), whereas Staff Nurse roles had the slowest hiring process (on average 53 days).

Common stages of the interview process at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital according to 684 Glassdoor interviews include:

One on One Interview: 20.32%

Work at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital? Share Your Experiences

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital logo

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Careers

Cover image for NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

About Us NewYork-Presbyterian is a world-class academic medical center, committed to excellence inpatient care, research, education, and...More

• Why NYP?
  • Environment
  • Benefits
  • Nursing

Company Updates

660 days ago

NewYork-Presbyterian is honored to be included among Glassdoor's 2021 Employees' Choice Award for Top 100 Best Places to Work. NYP received the highest rating among large healthcare systems - #42 out of 100, with an overall rating of 4.3 out of 5.0 The Employees' Choice Awards program relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments, and companies. From Hudson Valley through Manhattan, Queens, and Brooklyn, you can see and feel the mission, vision, and values in action. We treat each other with respect, collaborate closely, and uphold our commitment to “Put Patients First”.
Shared image

1489 days ago

We are proud to announce that NewYork-Presbyterian has won a 2019 Glassdoor Employees' Choice Award for being one of the best places to work. NYP achieved an overall rating of 4.3 stars (out of 5), and ranked 64 among 100 large US employers who received this honor. NYP was the top ranked hospital in New York, and within the top three nationally of the seven hospitals that made the list. The Employees' Choice Awards program, now in its 11th year, relies solely on the input of employees, who elect to provide feedback on their jobs, work environments, and companies via http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ3uK. “Our exceptional employees work hard every day to provide world-class care to our patients,” said Dr. Steven J. Corwin, president and CEO of NewYork-Presbyterian. “We are committed to fostering a culture of respect for our employees and our patients, and we are honored to be recognized for these efforts.” http://glassdoor.com/slink.htm?key=vQ3uT
Shared image - NewYork-Presbyterian Named One of the Best Places to Work in 2019 by Glassdoor - NewYork-Presbyterian
glassdoor.com