NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Interviews at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

First I was introduced to he HR recruiter, then introduced to the manager of the department. The interview consisted of mostly behavioral questions and a few knowledge checks with clinical scenarios. I recommend studying as much as possible, as well as practicing how to deliver your answers.

Patient Access Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

I originally went through an agency, and they sent me for an interview, which was brief and concise. With hospitals, its extremely difficult to get your foot in the door so agencies are definitely helpful in that. During the interview, I was asked standard questions that tested my ability to meet challenges and exceed standards.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose to work in the healthcare field?   Answer Question
    • What language skills do you have?   2 Answers
    • How do you handle stress?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever worked in a fast-paced environment? If so, how did you handle a lot of demands at once?   Answer Question

Patient Access Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

I applied thru website and received an email within two weeks for a short phone interview. Later that day, after brief phone interview, l received , an email with a link for a proficiency test. That being done, within a week, I received a call inviting me to interview at the talent acquisition center. I felt the interview went well and I was very happy and excited when I was sent that very day for second interview to main building. The second interview I felt relaxed and knew I had all the experience and qualifications they were seeking as well as customer service skills required. I left feeling encouraged. I emailed my recruiter upon my exit, thanking them for the chance. Within a short time that very day, I received a link from my recruiter requesting my references. Not a personal note, but the link. That link, requesting 5 references from at least 2 or 3 current or past supervisors from my resume work history and 2 coworkers from same history to be supplied within 24 hours. That being done, I noted that within 2 days , my references had completed the requested 30 questions and submitted all comments. Two of my current and previous coworkers said they had a bit of a dilemma when asked for 3 areas of improvement on my part. I again emailed my recruiter, and did not get a response. That was four weeks ago, and I have not heard anything since. The sinking feeling I was not chosen has left me confused and anguished since I really have no idea if they are still considering me.

Patient Access Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online and was called for an interview within 8 days period. The interview was very professional, as they also made to feel very relaxed and comfortable. The atmosphere was very welcoming and the interview felt more like a conversation versus an answer and question session. The interview was a 3 part interview with 4 different people. The department manager was extremely friendly and appeared that he would have been a great mentor and boss to work with.

Interview Questions

• What experience can you bring to this role? What are your management style?   Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Aug 9, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for leaving your feedback. We're happy to hear you had a relaxed and welcoming interview experience with the manager and different members of the department. We encourage you to keep... More

Patient Account Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was long but worth the wait. NYP is extremely professional and organized in every way. I felt embraced and welcomed the moment I stepped through the door. During the interview, I was made to feel comfortable by the hiring managers. I felt a family oriented vibe which made me feel right at home.

I initially did a phone interview. Next was the Assessment test and then the first in person interview. The second interview took place a month later. I then submitted references and next came the offer. A medical clearance/drug screening is conducted. Fingerprinting/background check is done as well. I provided documents for proof of citizenship. I will be attending orientation next week.

Thank you NYP for an amazing interview and hiring experience.

Patient Care Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Short interview. Woman who was interviewing me didn't even look at me. 5 quick questions done in 15 mins. Didn't look interested in me or the conversation. Day of the interview had trouble finding the location she never gave me a call back number and the number she called from no one answered. Walked away thinking i didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Did you ever have a conflict with a supervisor or coworker
      Are you flexible with your availability   Answer Question

Patient Care Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on August 20th. Totally forgot about applying as I applied for jobs everyday and was currently employed. They called me on October 13th to set up an interview. I interviewed with a Talent Recruiter, then the Patient Care Manager. I was told they'd reach out to me in two weeks. One week later I got another call to come in and meet the Clinical Manger. That went well, she said it'd be another two weeks. In exactly two weeks, I was called and offered the position!!!

Patient Care Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

I had a casual meeting with the head of the outpatient care coordinator at the Radiology department. I briefly discussed my previous experience and then how it would translate to this particular role. The interview lasted approximately 30 minutes before going to meet with the head of the Radiology department.

Interview Questions

• How will your previous experience translate to this role?   1 Answer

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

Thr interviewer asked questions about my experience and certifications, salary was discussed and my availability for the shift that was available. He also asked if I was willing to relocate and if I had any physical restrection, because the job requires lifting ,pushing and rolling.

Interview Questions

• Will I be able to work the evening shift 3-11:30pm   1 Answer

Patient Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

it was on phone, not more than 7-10 min. With HR Representative she ask me to be sure that i applied for this position. She is reviewing my resume and more information regarding my experience.

Patient Escort Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online.... was contacted about month and half to 2 months after by HR for an interview. Then after that was contacted by a hiring manger for second interview about 3 weeks after the first interview. The first interview was pretty straight forward, not long but The second interview took about 45 mins..... I felt like I did really well in both interview, but was not offered the chance to move on to the third interview which I think was based on what my expected time to graduate which was (in the next 2 semester. ) and the fact that I was in school.