NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Updated May 18, 2018

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

This was a very long process. Almost a month to interview between the recruiter and department. Even after you're hired, the start could be up to month before you can start.

CNA Interview

Interview

You have to gather your facts right because the they will do a background check on all your references so that means you cant lie on your resume. Also dress appropriately.

Interview Questions

• why I chose to work in that industry   1 Answer

Nurse Aide Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

I went to the HR office first to answer questions, then I was told to go to the actual hospital and the floor supervisor that I would be working for would be waiting for me. She asked me more questions, nothing too bad. Very casual vibe, but serious questions to know you're serious about the job, the hospital, and caring for patients.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you worked as a team. Describe the experience in detail.   Answer Question

Social Worker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted about 2 weeks after I applied. The process took over a month. I was first interviewed by the manager. After about 2 weeks I was contacted by the HR, which seemed a little backwards. I was interviewed by HR, then informed about a week later of the offer.

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

it was a long process due to the clearing the background test. First I received a phone interview the a pre-screen interview through online. I had to be knowledgeable in word, data entry and excel. Next I received a face to face interview in which was very easy going. Because ive been in this field for quite some time the questions became natural.

CNA Interview

Application

Interview

It was professionally done,my interviewer was very polite,soft spoken that every word she says was well understood also every other staff was well understandable with a lot of encouragement

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be hired as asap C N A   1 Answer
    • Why i would like to work as a C N A   1 Answer
    • How do I go about my tasks   1 Answer
    • If i am able to multitask at anytime   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied as a new graduate nurse to the EDIN program. EDIN stands for Emergency Department Inpatient Program. It's a bridge program for new graduates who want to work in emergency nursing. The new grad will start off caring for patients who are admitted and waiting for a bed. After some time working in the EDIN unit, you can transition to the normal ED. Interview process was quick and painless. I initially interviewed with a recruiter over the phone and then she invited me to the Cornell interview event in March 2018. They only hold ED interview events once per month, so I had to wait over a month between speaking with the recruiter and attending the interview event. I met with the recruiter, two ED nurses, and the Patient Care Director in a panel-like interview. They were super nice and asked me why I want to work in the ER and some basic behavioral type questions. Interview lasted less than an hour. I was told they'd get back to me in a week or two, but they called the next day with an offer!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to start your career in emergency nursing?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you had to react quickly to help a patient.   Answer Question

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

They asked a lot about the resume, so keep an eye out on that. Definitely have questions ready to ask them, shows that you're interested. Overall the interview process was okay but afterwards I didn't receive any phone call or email.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

Interview was an open, friendly conversation between the Nurse Manager and I. She then brought two other nurses on the floor to join in and ask me some questions. They spoke about the unit and asked me why I think I would be a good fit. Everyone at NYP was incredibly nice and accommodating. I enjoyed the interview experience and felt that I would be joining a family.

Interview Questions

• Tell me some of your strengths and some of your weaknesses.   1 Answer

Statistician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in March 2018.

Interview

interview with the group members; a lot of self-introductions and information from the group; talking about the going project and check about the skillset. not too technical. It takes long (~4 hours) to finish all the part. All interviews has been during the same day.

Interview Questions

• based on CV; what question do you have for us   1 Answer