NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2018

2.7

Neurophysiology Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Two phone interviews with HR and one group interview with Neurophysiology management. Drug screen, background check, skills test and tour of facility. Once given conditional offer, lots of follow up calls with HR to establish medical screenings etc

EDEN Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

Contacted by Talent Sourcing specialist to first set up interview date and time. They only hold interviews once a month for positions into the EDEN Program for new graduate nurses. There are 25 spots available. I Meet with 4-5 staff members from the emergency department and the nursing recruiter.

Security Officer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

The Hiring Process Was Very Easy ‘ I Applied For Security At Cornell And Was Scheduled To Come In For Their Big Security Interview Day Event But Before I Was Set To Go They Had Sent Me A Email Which Required 5 References ( ACTIVE Emails & Telephones) And Wanted Each Reference To Fill Out A Survey On My Job Skills , Etc. After My References Completed Their Survey I Was Sent Another Email Which Was Giving Me The Time I Can Choose To Come In For My Interview. I Sat With a Sergant Very Calm And Easy Question (Other Interviews Was Being Held In The Same Room I Was Placed In But It Was Still 1:1) ... After I Was Done With My Interview I Was Called Back A Week Later & Now Will Be Going In For My Orientation ..

Interview Questions

• What Can You Bring To Presbyterian Hospital In Which Can Keep Us #1   1 Answer

Internal Medicine Physician/Hospitalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online at NYP careers website. I received an email from a recruiter requesting an initial phone interview with Talent recruiter ( just asked why I wanted to work at NYP and what my top 3 areas of interest are). After, I was scheduled for an in person interview.

Graduate Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

We applied online, had an initial screening call, then were invited to an interview day. The interview day was great. It was awesome to meet other candidates, and everyone from Talent Acquisition was super helpful. Additionally, members from most departments were present and answered all of our questions as we mingled and waited for our interviews to begin. Once interviews began, it was like speed dating as each department was set up in one room at tables, and we switched every 20 minutes although we only interviewed with three different departments individually.

Nurse Aide Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

Great experience interviewed with three staff members, over a period of weeks. First I had a phone interview, then two interviews in person with staffing coordinators at the hospital.

Interview Questions

• Why am I choosing to work for the hospital?   1 Answer

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview process was long! I had a total of 4 interviews. My 1st was by a talent and acquisition coordinator, which lasted at most 5 min. It was very low key and she asked me basic questions such as why I wanted to be a nurse and when I finished school. Things went well and I was then scheduled to talk with the talent acquisition manager two weeks later. This interview was more in depth and my interviewer had been a nurse for 20 years. Things went well and so she told me she'd let me know when she could set up another interview with the Patient Care Director of the respective floor I would be working on. My 3rd interview was scheduled almost two weeks later because of the Christmas holiday. My 3rd interview went OK and I had a call with the talent and acquisition manager and she recommended I return and interview with a different Patient Care Director from another unit. My 4th and final interview went great and I was hired on the spot!

Interview Questions

• Describe a difficult situation with a patient and/or their family and how you handled.   Answer Question

Scheduling Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

This is a temp assignment. The process was easy. I interviewed with my Hiring Recruiter at Winston Staffing and within 3 days I was offered the role. Very easy process.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

Interview

Phone interview/screening to discuss my background, and logistics in going to work if that would be an issue. I said it wouldn't be an issue so they set-up an in-person interview three weeks due to me being away from the country for vacation.

Secretary Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty straight forward interviewing process (Thank you NYP for not having a large number of rounds). I applied online, received an email a few weeks later to set up an in person interview. Met with two interviewers who were really laid back, talked about my qualifications and the position. Then a few hours later I got a call from HR seeking to set up an interview for later that week. I met with HR and was offered the position a few days later, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation and how did you resolve?   Answer Question
    • How are you with Microsoft office?   Answer Question