NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

2.8

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied for a summer volunteer position in March. I got invited to interview about 2-3 weeks later. After the interview, I got an offer about 1 week later. You then have a month to complete the necessary paperwork and medical examination (which includes a urine drug test).

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer here? Tell me about your past volunteer experiences?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in September 2017.

Interview

talent acquisition /HR contacted me for a phone interview. It was brief and questions were about my background and work history.
    Then, I was scheduled for a in person interview in 2 weeks with Director of the department and patient care director.

Secretary Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Behavioral interview. They asked some questions about real life situations from the past or potential situations. You are expected to give an example and discuss how you handled or would handle that situation. Pretty straight forward.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation with a difficult patient, and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call a week later. Easy simple interview questions regarding resume. Interviewer asked questions about job experience and educational background. Formal at first, then asked personal questions. I received an offer the week after the interview in person.

Pharmacy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied for pharmacy intern through NYP career website, and got email for interview about 3 weeks after.
    The person from human resources contacted through phone and email, set up schedule for interivew, and guided me what to prepare and where to go.

The interview was with three people.
    They explained about NYP and the job before the interview.
    They were very friendly and were good listeners. They waited until I fully answer the question and finish my story.
    It was a good experience overall.

Don’t forget to bring multiplie copies of your resume.
    They asked few things from the resume.
    They are not going to ask some kind of ridiculus questions. So don’t worry about it.
    Also, they didn’t ask any drug-related questions.

Interview was not that long. It was less than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• The first question was ‘explain about yourself’
      And asked about what is your strength and weakness
      It’s mostly those common interview questions, that you could answer pretty easily.   Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Oct 6, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

We're glad to hear you had a positive interview process, and the department provided a welcoming environment for you to share your experiences. Congratulations and welcome to the NYP Pharmacy team!... More

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied back in July, initial phone call with one of the managers occurred three weeks after. A very quick conversation followed by a promise to get an interview scheduled before the end of month. As it was the end of the month and I still didn’t hear back, I reached out to HR. HR interview occurred over the phone at this time and the HR rep seemed curt and unfriendly over the phone. Another month later, an in person interview was scheduled but only after I told them I had another offer. The in person interview seemed quick and hurried as they knew I might’ve been slightly overqualified for the role. However, I was still very much interested. The interview seemed very informational and more of a get to know you type deal not an interview in which they showed serious interest in my background. I waited a couple weeks and found out they were passing on my candidacy not by phone call or even an email, but by logging into their careers website. Very impersonal. Needless to say I won’t be seeking a position with them again, after trying many, many times.

Volunteer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online, emailed my application to the provided email, and actually received an email the very next day asking me when I was available to interview. Needless to say, I was very surprised (and extremely pleased and happy) because I thought I would have to wait longer.
    The interview was a bit peculiar. I walked into the office and was immediately given a sheet with typical interview questions on it and was asked to fill it out. Then, I gave the sheet to the interviewer who asked me additional and follow-up questions. I was then given paperwork, including medical records, and am due back for a medical screening very soon.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to volunteer at our hospital?   Answer Question
    • Which volunteer position are you applying to and what interests you about this
      position?   Answer Question

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Received an email from a talent acquisition specialist about a week after applying. Scheduled a short telephone interview with her. I then scheduled an in person interview with a nurse recruiter and the unit manager which took place two weeks after the phone interview. Interview with the nurse manager wasn't as long as I'd like... wish they had gotten to know me better

Angioplasty Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

They will ask you about the best thing you like to do and the worst thing you don't like at work. for how long you doing this job. your education. and the skills you have

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

lengthy but reasonable. need to get phone screening first then HR initial and then the hiring manager phone screening and then in person interview can be scheduled. kinda annoying but that's the standard nowadays.

Interview Questions

• what do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer