NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions | Glassdoor

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Interview Questions

Updated Jul 14, 2017

2.8

Programmer Analyst Interview

Interview

lengthy but reasonable. need to get phone screening first then HR initial and then the hiring manager phone screening and then in person interview can be scheduled. kinda annoying but that's the standard nowadays.

Staff Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

The overall process was quick in my opinion. I applied online in their career website. I got an email stating they will briefly interview me by the phone, after that like in a span of hours, they scheduled me for a formal interview with the HR and Patient Care Director of the unit you are applying for. They will work with your schedule and ask for your availability. After the formal interview, after 2 hours they offered me the position and I am in the process of completing their requirements. Overall it was a great experience. They really make you feel comfortable through the whole process.

Research Data Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview took about an hour and forty-five minutes; I interviewed with the director of the program, the program manager, the one Research Data Specialist they had on staff and their research manager. The interview with the director was pretty short, I would say about 15 minutes. He has very nice and described his role, the program and how I would contribute to the program very well. He did not give me much of an opportunity to communicate what my skills were and how I believe I was the right fit for the job, but I was able to do so with the other three people I later interviewed with. The interviews with the other three were about 30 minutes each and they all commented on my resume and my previous experiences and asked questions related to how my past experiences would contribute to the position. I felt like I communicated well and even though the interview was an hour and forty-five minutes long, I felt like it flew by and I left the interview in an optimistic mood.

I, however, never heard back from them. I found out that I did not get the job through an automated e-mail on a Friday night, about three weeks after the interview. The e-mail itself didn't even specify as to whether or not I got the job, all it said was thank you for applying to the position and if you want to apply to other positions, here's the link. No "unfortunately you were not selected" or anything to that affect, I had to log in to the website and when I saw "no longer considered for the position" next to the position's title, that's when I put two and two together. To be honest I was upset because I felt like the interview went so well. I had hoped that I would at least receive a more personal e-mail from anyone from that I interviewed with letting me know that I didn't get the job, but instead I got that auto-generated NYP e-mail late Friday night. Safe to say it ruined my Friday night.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Applied online. Upon submitting the application, the status switched to "Received Application; Do not Meet Qualifications." And I then received an auto-generated email that I do not meet the preferred qualifications. I'm a Master's student who applied to several roles, including those that only require a BS degree, so I do not quite understand why the status gets updated to "Do not Meet Qualifications" immediately upon submission. I couldn't find a way to contact HR from the career website, so I'm posting this issue as an interview review. But if any Talent Acquisition employee sees this post, please leave a comment on what could have been the issue here. For your information, I'm an international student on OPT who would eventually need the employer to sponsor the visa. (I was wondering if NYP doesn't hire international applicants)

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

Prompt response time! The process was smooth and I was treated very warmly. They truly cared for my interests. I would definitely recommend attending a networking event and applying here.

Security Officer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in May 2017.

Interview

Very possite experience. During my interview I was asked questions regarding daily activities and how to respond to disruptive situations. How to initiate a report regarding missing property and how to list the steps to follow.

Interview Questions

• What step would you take to write a missing property report?   1 Answer

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Jun 14, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

We appreciate you sharing your interview experience. Congratulations on your new role with NewYork-Presbyterian and thank you for working to keep our patients, visitors, and employees safe everyday.

CNA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY).

Interview

Very quick and easy.The process did not take long.I first went to the nursing office and then they sent me to the floor I was being interviewed for. Both the manager and the assistant manager interviewed me.

Interview Questions

• They mostly wanted to know about my past experiences and my dreams. Questions like what is my ultimate goal, where did I work before,what did I wanted to be when I was little.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital.

Interview

Applied for a summer finance internship. Had a skype interview with head of their finance department. Mostly asked me to walk me through my resume and they told me a lot about the job I was applying for.

Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital in April 2017.

Interview

Long, but comprehensive interview process. Very personal! HR keeps you well informed throughout the entire process, and employees are very welcoming and helpful. Applied online, emailed for phone interview, then scheduled for formal interview with NM.

RN Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online, got a phone interview scheduled in the following couple of days which went well since I was given an in person interview. The in person interview was extensive, first met with the managers on the unit and then interviewed with 3 of the floor RNs. Afterward I got a tour of the unit. However I recieved no answer neither a yes or no and no one responds to any emails.

Interview Questions

• Why this unit?
      Why nursing, why NYP, tell us about a time with a difficult patient   Answer Question

NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital Response

Jun 22, 2017 – Talent Sourcing Specialist

Thank you for your feedback. We're sorry to hear you weren't contacted directly yet. Please note that you can always log-in to your NYP account and check the status of your application. We... More