Newark Element 14 Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 4, 2017

2.5

Outside Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Milwaukee, WI) in August 2017.

Interview

Mostly basic interview questions. Met with hiring manager after initial phone interview and was told that an offer would be forthcoming. Hiring manager became difficult to contact blaming it on travel. Hiring manager added another interview into process then went completely silent. BEWARE!

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Richfield, OH) in February 2017.

Interview

Group of about 10-12 people. Told you about company and went on a tour then a 1 on 1 interview that was about 45 minutes. All behavioral based questions and a "phone call" for practice to see how you were on the phone selling something. They give you a piece of paper with a product on it and you go off of that. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions

• Describe when you worked with a difficult person   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Richfield, OH) in June 2016.

Interview

Contacted within two days of submitting my resume with a request for a phone interview. Received a call the next day, one hour after the scheduled interview appointment and discussed my previous experience. Was asked to meet with the hiring manager which was scheduled two weeks later. The meeting was one hour of a company presentation followed by a "group project" consisting of two people, having 10 minutes to prepare and present. Four candidates attended and four managers interviewed, each interviewing one candidate. I was given a script to learn of a make believe product, again in 10 minutes, then taking a sales call from the manager assigned to me, pretending to be a client. I was told that after this three hour event, the manager's would sit down to discuss the best candidate. Not sure how this is determined to be effective when each manager interviews only one candidate. I received a generic decline email the next day from Farnell, not from the person I had been corresponding with, signed "HR" and it thanked me for submitting my resume. This is not a professional way of communication after having two interviews. I'm not sure if they hired any of the other three but the job was re-posted the following week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced great opposition in the work place.   2 Answers

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

Their stock went from $45.00 dollars on a down swing and stated no raises or bonuses were going to be given for a while. Then the interviewee went on to say that I would be in charge of people in other countries but probably would never see them.

Interview Questions

• How would you get your workers to provide documentation.   1 Answer

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Richfield, OH).

Interview

Uses Competency Based Interview technique. Also, a sales exercise using open ended questions to determine the best item to "sell" to them, based on interviewers answers.
    Interview was comfortable, interviewer was easy to talk to.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newark Element 14.

Interview

They give a group tour and then you do a group project where you pretend it's a clothing store and you have to fix the customer service issues. What this has to do with the actual job, who knows, but it's easy. Then you do an individual interview with behavior questions and a sales test where you have to sell pop, juice or water.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an unreasonable customer request.   Answer Question

Interactive Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

One hour telephone interview with hiring manager, three hour on-site interview with team. Never heard back, not even a "thank you for your time." I had to take the day off for such a long on-site interview and would have appreciated hearing back even if it was bad news.

Purchasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Had a call within 2 weeks of putting in application, after the interview, waited a few weeks before I heard back if I got the job. Started the job and was placed in training with others.

Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richfield, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Richfield, OH).

Interview

Very easy. Most of the interviewers didn't seem to know that much about the business. Thrive on recent college grads. They wants brain with no experience enabling them to pay far below local similar positions

Interview Questions

Interview

Most of the hiring peeps have not been in the industry or sales for that matter to ask questions that are relevant to the position. Ask how long the manager has been there and how many years they have in the electronic industry

Negotiation