Newark Element 14 Marketing/Sales Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Marketing/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newark Element 14 (Chicago, IL) in April 2010.

Interview

I interviewed for over 3 months for a management level position. The interview process seemed unorganized and longer than it needed to be. By the 10th interview I had the impression that most people interviewing me didn't really understand why they were selected to interview me or how the position fit into organization's strategic goals.

The Hiring Manager and Human Resource Manager didn't follow up with me between interviews and each provided me with a date that the interview process would be completed. The dates were incorrect and neither one followed up with me on either occasion. Each time I assumed another candidate was selected but after a few days the Human Resource Admin called to schedule another interview with a different manager.

The entire interview process was time consuming and unorganized. After 3 months of interviewing I didn't hear back from anyone within the company. When I called to talk to the HR Manager he said "The hiring manager didn't follow up with me, and I don't know where we are at in the process. I will get back to back to you by the end of the week". That was over 3 weeks ago.

Through out the entire interview process each person I talked to emphasized that the company recognized that employee moral was low due to lay-offs, management style, and declining business. But they were focused on turning the business around and changing the organizational culture. If the interview process is a reflection of that change, they have a long way to go.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you had to modify your approach to make a sale.   1 Answer