Newark Public Schools Interview Questions in Newark, NJ | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 7, 2017

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

I applied through Teach Newark and was immediately contacted by two schools within one week. I interviewed with one school and was told to come prepared to give a 30 minute demo lesson. I met with the principal and vice principal, was asked 10 questions and gave the demo lesson to a group of 8 students.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in December 2015.

Interview

Depends on the school, but mostly questions about teaching experience and mock lesson. Principal looked at my lesson plan and asked me about how I wrote my lessons. I got a tour of the school.

Interview Questions

• How would you differentiate instruction for students of varying levels?   1 Answer

Per Diem Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in September 2015.

Interview

Basically asked "what would you do in this situation...?" It was very quick. We were all assigned interview appointment times. You show up for your appointment ..no resume necessary. You wait for one of the three interviewers to call your name. Once your called you have a seat directly across from whom ever will conduct the interview. You greet shake hands and wait for the interview to begin.

Interview Questions

• Do you think it is appropriate to verbally or physically abuse a student you are assigned with?   Answer Question

Substitute Teacher of Mathematics Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

There wasn't really a process. During training, everyone needed to attended in order to receive your certification for substitute teaching. communication was good between employer and me....questions were related to teaching...demonstration was of 30 mins advice for the candidates:be sure,bold and let the clearity be in your language

Future Business Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

It was pretty simple and quick. They asked me several questions ranging from my previous work experience, if I had any, to what would I do if a certain situation were to arise while I was on the job.

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of several of several components, starting with a telephone interview, followed by a leaderless group activity with the other candidates with at least 8 observers, a behavior based interview with two interviewers and a role play.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if an administrator asked you to do something that goes against your values?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation; salary was offered and accepted.

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ).

Interview

It took 2 weeks to get a call from them. The first round was telephonic which lasted 30 mins

Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Great, lovely. I felt confident and the people were nice. During my first interview, I was asked a series of questions about my background. I felt that the people wanted me on board from the moment I said "hello." During the second interview, more questions were asked, but I felt confident that I would get the job.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in January 2012.

Interview

I applied on teachnewark.com. After almost one year of emails saying I'm applied to be hired and I didn't have urban teaching experience, I finally got an email from a recruiter about a job. One day later, I received a call from a principal to set up an interview. After the interview went well, I was called that night to do a demo lesson. I got an offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Be patient, takes a while

Substitute Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newark Public Schools (Newark, NJ) in October 2008.

Interview

Have fingerprinting-Doctor's Full Exam cleared of communitive diseases. Write essay on teaching. Think about how you would run a classroom A-Z.

Interview Questions

• How would you plan the success of your classroom the first month, 3 months, next 6 months. How would you help students.   1 Answer

Negotiation

As A Sub there wasn't any. As a F/T hire you should inquire all that you may want and what they have to offer.