Newegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 9, 2017

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

Phone pre-interview with a recruiter to go over my resumé...calls me in to interview with a panel of 3 people the following week. I get there and check in with the receptionist who tells me that one person from my interview (the most senior person) would not be able to make it. Okay fine. So one guy comes down to get me and takes me to their conference room where we are met with another guy. He tells me a little bit about the company and the brand history...a bit about the scope of the position and what some of the responsibilities are...and then asks "Do you have any questions for us?"

Didn't ask me to talk about my previous work experiences, how or why I think I'd be a good fit, career goals, nothing. Just if I had any questions for them. So I asked some.

Q. "I noticed that you have quite a variety of products from computer cases to...rice cookers. Who is this brand's target market?"
    A. "Everyone."

Q. "What is a typical product's ideal life cycle from sourcing to discontinuing? Where are your benchmarks for how much should be sold after the first quarter? When is this evaluated?"
    A. "It's case by case."

Q. "What are your current marketing objectives and how would I be able to help in this position?"
    A. "Make more sales."

The questions I asked were pretty specific and the responses I got were just general and dismissive. I was getting annoyed. Either they don't know how to conduct an interview or they didn't like me. Regardless, the whole thing was done after 20 minutes.

The recruiter (in-house) followed up with me that same day asking me about it and told me he'd follow up with the hiring manager, who sounded surprised when I told him that she was the one who didn't make it to the interview. He left me a message to call him back, so I called him and left a message and haven't heard from him since.

TL;DR
    Recruitment team - pretty good.
    Other dudes - get it together.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions for us?   1 Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA).

Interview

simple questions, mixed with a few about the job. google how the job works and top ten interview questions. i had 2 interviews one after the other. Whole process was about an hour long.

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Easy and straight forward. Took about 15 minutes, received an offer, and they stopped replying to me after the offer. I sent multiple emails and they finally replied with we are currently reviewing our candidates we will get back to you. Been over 2 weeks since then.

Basically the gave me an offer and decided to rescind it, instead of just telling me I didn't get the job or they made a mistake, they kept my hopes up. After this experience I have a bad perception of the company.

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was randomly called on a Sunday at 4pm by their HR head to start a phone interview. After screening me, we setup an in person interview with the Director of Marketing for one of their departments. Their office was packed with cubicles and she began explaining the whole company structure. I could tell she seemed interested in me since my background was fairly extensive for someone applying for this position. I could tell they wanted someone that's going to hustle hard, put in serious time, provide creative input, and fall in line without many questions asked. It all went well until I started asking about hours, flexibility, and any out of office perks to the job.

She informed me that they had strict team meetings everyday at 8 and 5 - flexible hours were a not possible, working from home was frown upon, and it was highly unlikely this position would leave the office for any marketing activities. I consider myself somewhat of prodigy in startup marketing, if given this opportunity, I would have wanted to raise up fast through the ranks and grow partnerships using my network. I guess that wouldn't have been good for those that have been there along time.

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

One employee interviewed me first. We had a good talk of the position and my background. Then the manager came and interviewed me. The first question she asked was to list the hardware components of a computer. They didn't mention you had to know the components of computer hardware in the job posting at all. So I didn't prepare for that and didn't answer well. And later they asked whether any employee recommended me for this position (No, I applied online myself). They discussed a little bit and told me I was not considered for this position.

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

Reached out by internal HR via email referenced of my public profile, in person interview was set up after the phone interview with HR.
    Interviewed with head of the division but I was not impress by their knowledge and experience. They were very impressed by my experience and knowledge and keep asking for the solutions to the problems for current company's situation, also ask to prepare business plan proposal. I politely refused because I felt like they are try to take an advantage of me, besides it's against my work ethic.

Interview Questions

• All the basic usual interview questions.
      Unexpected question:
      1. Can you prepare a business proposal how to improve our company current situation?
      2. You are so experienced, why didn't you start your own company?
      1 Answer

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interviewed, then scheduled for Interview at Newegg. I was led to a conference room and sat. The interview started with the head of HR department, took about 2:30 hour and I have met and talked to 6 person one by one. Everyone I have met at the interview are very nice and professional, each person took about 20 minutes and they all asked if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your recent job?
      Why do you think you can take on this position?
      Why do you want to work at Newegg?
      What's most challenging to you at your previous jobs?
      What are the mistakes you have made from your last job?
      Answer Question

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

Spoke with the HR representative over the phone. They call at the most random times so I wish they would send an email first and schedule a time, rather than expect you to be free 24/7 to speak to them. HR asked the general questions, but it seemed like they wanted too much experience for an entry level job. I just wish they would have told me that I didn't get to the next step. It only takes 1 minute.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in November 2013.

Interview

I was approached by their internal headhunter for a product manager position. I was initially interested because of the strong brand name in the online world for electronics. I arrived and was taken to a meeting room where I was told I would be meeting with various directors. I believe I waited for about 10 minutes for the first person to interview me. She was nice and polite and overall it went okay. She left and said I will be meeting with another director. I waited for over 25 minutes for the second person and I was seriously thinking they forgot that I was in the meeting room. Finally the next person came in and he seems completely caught off guard. He said he was not planning on interviewing anyone today and that they pulled him unexpectedly to interview me and he had not had a chance to look at my resume. I met with 4 or 5 people total and each person asked me what position I was interviewing for. My impression was that they were completely unorganized. They had not prepared for the interview. I was very disappointed with the experience. Plus to top it all off, I asked each and everyone if they liked it and if they were happy at this company and none of them never gave me a straight answer. They dodged the question by answering that it was a very good company and if you pay your dues and work hard you eventually get compensated. I never heard the words, enjoy, happy, content, satisfied, fun place to work or anything to that effect.

In the end they determined I was a better fit in the marketing department/ecommerce but I declined to reschedule another interview with that department.

Interview Questions

• All the interview questions were for the most part straight forward i.e.. walk me through your resume, why do you want to work here?, Why should we hire you? etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Interview

Meet 4 people in one day. Background check mostly. Average interview experience. No case style questions.