Newegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 25, 2017

2.4

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

I was randomly called on a Sunday at 4pm by their HR head to start a phone interview. After screening me, we setup an in person interview with the Director of Marketing for one of their departments. Their office was packed with cubicles and she began explaining the whole company structure. I could tell she seemed interested in me since my background was fairly extensive for someone applying for this position. I could tell they wanted someone that's going to hustle hard, put in serious time, provide creative input, and fall in line without many questions asked. It all went well until I started asking about hours, flexibility, and any out of office perks to the job.

She informed me that they had strict team meetings everyday at 8 and 5 - flexible hours were a not possible, working from home was frown upon, and it was highly unlikely this position would leave the office for any marketing activities. I consider myself somewhat of prodigy in startup marketing, if given this opportunity, I would have wanted to raise up fast through the ranks and grow partnerships using my network. I guess that wouldn't have been good for those that have been there along time.

Merchandiser Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

The interview process was fairly straightforward. I met with a series of people within the department. After that, I ultimately met with the head of the department. The questions were pretty routine. Nothing unusual or tricky, and there were no personality tests or skills tests to complete, at least in my case.

Revenue Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

The HR personnel will give you a phone interview first to check your work experiences. If everything goes well, they will schedule you for a face-to-face interview with the department you applied for. The face-to-face interview took about one hour. The manager who interview was very nice, and the whole interview was relaxing.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Two interviews. It was a little unorthodox speaking to a high level manager but he was fun and made the interview easy going.The whole process took a few weeks. Their HR department is a little wacky as I spoke to multiple people.

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

One employee interviewed me first. We had a good talk of the position and my background. Then the manager came and interviewed me. The first question she asked was to list the hardware components of a computer. They didn't mention you had to know the components of computer hardware in the job posting at all. So I didn't prepare for that and didn't answer well. And later they asked whether any employee recommended me for this position (No, I applied online myself). They discussed a little bit and told me I was not considered for this position.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

Typical interview. Easy questions. They seem to want to hire anyone. They built up a lot of lies about the opportunity to move up. They also lied about how well they treat their employees. Overall, this company is very misleading in their approach to finding new talented associates. They are like a revolving door with hiring, as people are constantly leaving after such poor management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered 11/hour. Had I known they planned to work me like a dog, I would have asked for more.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in July 2014.

Interview

Fast easy interview, just asked about myself nothing about past work experience, sat down with a CSR to listen to a call and was told I'd be moving on the the next step of the hiring process simplest interview I've been a part of. Very friendly manager and interviewer along with a great staff of CSRS

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

Reached out by internal HR via email referenced of my public profile, in person interview was set up after the phone interview with HR.
    Interviewed with head of the division but I was not impress by their knowledge and experience. They were very impressed by my experience and knowledge and keep asking for the solutions to the problems for current company's situation, also ask to prepare business plan proposal. I politely refused because I felt like they are try to take an advantage of me, besides it's against my work ethic.

Interview Questions

• All the basic usual interview questions.
      Unexpected question:
      1. Can you prepare a business proposal how to improve our company current situation?
      2. You are so experienced, why didn't you start your own company?   1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was great. I felt like I had a real opportunity to move up with a great company. I felt the managers quickly asserted the details of the job and made me feel good for applying. The atmosphere was comfortable and was not high-stress.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handled a difficult experience at my previous job and how I could have handled it better. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. Their offer seemed fair at the time.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interviewed, then scheduled for Interview at Newegg. I was led to a conference room and sat. The interview started with the head of HR department, took about 2:30 hour and I have met and talked to 6 person one by one. Everyone I have met at the interview are very nice and professional, each person took about 20 minutes and they all asked if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your recent job?
      Why do you think you can take on this position?
      Why do you want to work at Newegg?
      What's most challenging to you at your previous jobs?
      What are the mistakes you have made from your last job?   Answer Question