Newegg Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 19, 2017

2.5

Purchasing Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Newegg (City of Industry, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

One employee interviewed me first. We had a good talk of the position and my background. Then the manager came and interviewed me. The first question she asked was to list the hardware components of a computer. They didn't mention you had to know the components of computer hardware in the job posting at all. So I didn't prepare for that and didn't answer well. And later they asked whether any employee recommended me for this position (No, I applied online myself). They discussed a little bit and told me I was not considered for this position.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (Indianapolis, IN) in July 2014.

Interview

Typical interview. Easy questions. They seem to want to hire anyone. They built up a lot of lies about the opportunity to move up. They also lied about how well they treat their employees. Overall, this company is very misleading in their approach to finding new talented associates. They are like a revolving door with hiring, as people are constantly leaving after such poor management.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offered 11/hour. Had I known they planned to work me like a dog, I would have asked for more.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in July 2014.

Interview

Fast easy interview, just asked about myself nothing about past work experience, sat down with a CSR to listen to a call and was told I'd be moving on the the next step of the hiring process simplest interview I've been a part of. Very friendly manager and interviewer along with a great staff of CSRS

Product Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

Reached out by internal HR via email referenced of my public profile, in person interview was set up after the phone interview with HR.
    Interviewed with head of the division but I was not impress by their knowledge and experience. They were very impressed by my experience and knowledge and keep asking for the solutions to the problems for current company's situation, also ask to prepare business plan proposal. I politely refused because I felt like they are try to take an advantage of me, besides it's against my work ethic.

Interview Questions

• All the basic usual interview questions.
      Unexpected question:
      1. Can you prepare a business proposal how to improve our company current situation?
      2. You are so experienced, why didn't you start your own company?
      1 Answer

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newegg (Indianapolis, IN) in April 2014.

Interview

The interview was great. I felt like I had a real opportunity to move up with a great company. I felt the managers quickly asserted the details of the job and made me feel good for applying. The atmosphere was comfortable and was not high-stress.

Interview Questions

• They asked how I handled a difficult experience at my previous job and how I could have handled it better. Good question.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not attempt to negotiate. Their offer seemed fair at the time.

Buyer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg in March 2014.

Interview

Phone interviewed, then scheduled for Interview at Newegg. I was led to a conference room and sat. The interview started with the head of HR department, took about 2:30 hour and I have met and talked to 6 person one by one. Everyone I have met at the interview are very nice and professional, each person took about 20 minutes and they all asked if I have any questions for them.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your recent job?
      Why do you think you can take on this position?
      Why do you want to work at Newegg?
      What's most challenging to you at your previous jobs?
      What are the mistakes you have made from your last job?
      Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newegg (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

1) Complicated and no specific direction which category you will be working.
    2) Salary negotiation might take up to 1 month.
    3) Multiple departments will have different opinion about your future job position.

Interview Questions

• do you like e commerce? what product line have you managed? can you handle pressure? do you like working long hours? are you ok to work during weekend? what do you think about Amazon? are you ok if we move you to different positions from time to time?   Answer Question

Market Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newegg (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

phone call screening and went to 3 and 1 interview. went in to an interview at their HQ, brief conversation didnt really go over skills and what not. really just depends whether you can impress the interviewers at the very first time.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

(1) HR phone contact, basic questions
    (2) Manager interview

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newegg.

Interview

Spoke with the HR representative over the phone. They call at the most random times so I wish they would send an email first and schedule a time, rather than expect you to be free 24/7 to speak to them. HR asked the general questions, but it seemed like they wanted too much experience for an entry level job. I just wish they would have told me that I didn't get to the next step. It only takes 1 minute.