Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.9

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Staffing Agency found my profile on linkedin and contacted me a few weeks back. A month later,I got a phone call from the agency. With my permission, the agency set up a phone interview the next business day with the hiring manager. I had a great dialogue with the hiring manager. So we set up a a face2face in the next 2 days over the phone. I was told that I got the job the next day after my f2f interview. I was very lucky as the interviewers are very sharp professionals.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with stakeholders conflicts?   1 Answer

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screening was scheduled followed by two separate in person interviews. The first was with two people, one of which was the hiring manager. The second in person interview was with several senior level managers in the department. The questions were fairly standard. Several people wanted to learn about my short and long term career goals.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Day long process filled with 3 one on one interviews. Offsite group dinner with employees and HR the night before.

Because of the nature of the job and the company's culture, it was obvious that you were being scored during the sit-down/formal part of the process. This position is about brand and the 2 days were definitely an audit of your personal brand.

Make sure to know the Newell Rubbermaid Game Plan and link that to your conversations.

Also, the particular HR rep handling this process was not very clear in their communications about the interviews- particularly after the interview, in terms of next steps and time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to see eye-to-eye with you on making a decision the way you wanted to.   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you'll consider Newell for future opportunities.

Supply Chain Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked standard questions such as:

1. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?

2. Demonstrate experience with foreign supply chain.

The interview lasted 30 mins after the intial conversation. Overall, very positive and freindly.

Interview Questions

• Detail a scenario where you offered improvement to a company process.   1 Answer

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The night before they took us to dinner at a delicious restaurant in Atlanta. This gave us the opportunity to network with some of the interviewers in a casual environment. The next day, two senior brand managers interviewed me for 30 minutes each. I interviewed on a Tuesday and found out that Friday.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand (cannot say Newell Rubbermaid) and why?

Walk me through your resume.

Talk about a time you were faced with an ambiguous task and how you handled it.

Why Newell Rubbermaid?
      Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you will be joining our team!

Global Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Apply online, a recruiter calls you and gets to know you and your experience. You can ask the recruiter for the salary range but it sometimes can NOT be accurate and the HR hiring manager will put a different salary number on your offer letter. Its a little unprofessional but that's the way the world works theses days. The best talent for the lowest bid.

Once you have made it past the recruiter, you will speak with the HR hiring manager and the department manager you could potentially be working for. If you make it past that, you will speak with some leaders from the department and also the director of the department if they have time on their calendar to speak with you. This can be in person, over the phone or a Skype Video conference.

Interview Questions

• Past experience? Difficult situations and how did you overcome them? On the spot problem solving situations and how you would cope?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on-site interviews (5 hours total). There were some 1 on 1's and group panel interviews. After the interviews, there was a walk through the office area, company store, and cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more about how the applicants interacts with the interviewers.   1 Answer

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We are glad that you decided to join us! Thank you for your review.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

three 30 minute interviews with different people. there was a phone interview followed by the on site interviews. The process took a little while but was no bad. Notification afterwards was pretty quick and the people their were really friendly and willing to guide you if you have the desire to work.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, interview is very casually so you need to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was an internship, but you should always try to negotiate.

Jun 9, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join us for your internship and hope that you are enjoying your internship experience so far!

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Employee recommendation. Phone screen w/ recruiter. In-person interview. Asked about background (leading, running, contributing to the specific topic/role). Very interested in both business and technology... until they changed the rules TWICE during the process. Went silent for long periods of time (2-3 week clips). Finally decided to do a carbon-copy replacement of technical director with another technical director with deep expertise in SAP. Basically it's cattle-herding and responding to technical support needs - not the way the job was positioned or sold to me.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jul 31, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will share this with our Talent Acquisition team and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Assistant Manager, CMI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick phone screen followed by a phone interview with my to-be supervisor, overall both were relatively easy and focused on experience and skill sets relevant to the position and company. All questions of mine were answered thoroughly and I felt like I had learned a great deal about Newell just from the interview.

This was followed up a couple of weeks later with 4, back-to-back in person interviews that lasted roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was friendly and I never felt intimidated, however I could sense that everyone that sat down with me was serious about what they do. Questions again focused on experiences (slightly informal behavioral interview style) and skill sets, and a bit of talk about fit with company culture.

I was then invited about a week later to come in and take a small assessment that focused on making sure I wasn't completely lying about my qualifications (basic computer and math skills here), which was followed by a brief interview with an HR person about how I would fit with Newell.

Within 2 weeks I received a very fair offer.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the team! We are glad that you have decided to join us.