Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

2.9

46 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in October 2009.

Interview

went very well

Interview Questions

• how do i GET ALONG WITH DIFFICULT PEOPLE   1 Answer

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Senior Consumer Isnights Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2007.

Interview

half day interview
    presented offer 2 weeks following interview
    There was room for negoiating compensation package

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?   1 Answer

Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in November 2009.

Interview

Phone screening wtih HR -- then with Hiring manager. If you pass plan for a full day meeting with several cross functional people individually. No set interview guide just whatever the individual person wants to ask. Using STAR format is always a plus as is # for past results. no business case, no teaser, periodic behavioral again all depends on the person -- no standard. slow process.

Interview Questions

• when was a time you were creative.   1 Answer

Negotiation

easy. pushed for more $$ and accepted a little lower than i asked. THey are willing to do 1 additional vacation week.

Cost Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted a resume' to the through the company website. I was contacted eight months latter and asked if I was still interested; to which I responded yes. I had a phone interview with HR and then was brought in and interviewed by HR, then the division CFO and finally the hiring manager. The hiring manager was uncomfortable. He interviewed me over lunch, which I paid for.

Negotiation

Take it or leave it, they knew I was recently downsized by my previous employer and needed the job.

Dec 10, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2014.

Interview

The hiring process was through a temp agency as well as with the client. Most of the questions were non-scripted, and some were. The ones that were script were original that I have never heard, which made it interesting.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. All questions were related to the job to see if my experience fit the job description.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It took them a week to get back with me but it was well worth it.

Jan 6, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the Newell Rubbermaid team!

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

three 30 minute interviews with different people. there was a phone interview followed by the on site interviews. The process took a little while but was no bad. Notification afterwards was pretty quick and the people their were really friendly and willing to guide you if you have the desire to work.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, interview is very casually so you need to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was an internship, but you should always try to negotiate.

Jun 9, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join us for your internship and hope that you are enjoying your internship experience so far!

Facilities Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in February 2011.

Interview

Applied online. Had to meet with recruiting first, then dept manager. Standard procedure. Big bldg to tour lots of high tech innovations. Campus seems great, cafe on site with great dining, parking deck and Starbucks on site. Free beverages as well for employees.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

ABAP Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2008.

Interview

I posted my resume online at several sites. I received an e-mail invitation from Newell Rubbermaid’s IT HR to fill out an application on their site, which I did. I was contacted by the SAP Teams HR representative and was impressed by her knowledge of the position they were filling.
    She set up for me to do all the interviews on the same day. I was asked to take a drug test that involved the cutting of some hair. About a week later I received an offer, I countered and we came to an agreement.

Interview Questions

• The questions were not hard because I prepared for them.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They would not negotiate leave time, but did negotiate salary. Telecommuting is dependent on your Director and Manager and I was informed upfront that the ABAP team is not allowed to Telecommute on a regular bases. I have been very pleased to find they were extremely honest in every thing they told me.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2009.

Interview

The interview process changed constantly. I was expecting to interview with one person and actually met with another. Very unorganized.