Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA

2.9

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screening was scheduled followed by two separate in person interviews. The first was with two people, one of which was the hiring manager. The second in person interview was with several senior level managers in the department. The questions were fairly standard. Several people wanted to learn about my short and long term career goals.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review.

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Staffing Agency found my profile on linkedin and contacted me a few weeks back. A month later,I got a phone call from the agency. With my permission, the agency set up a phone interview the next business day with the hiring manager. I had a great dialogue with the hiring manager. So we set up a a face2face in the next 2 days over the phone. I was told that I got the job the next day after my f2f interview. I was very lucky as the interviewers are very sharp professionals.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with stakeholders conflicts?   1 Answer

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Global Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Apply online, a recruiter calls you and gets to know you and your experience. You can ask the recruiter for the salary range but it sometimes can NOT be accurate and the HR hiring manager will put a different salary number on your offer letter. Its a little unprofessional but that's the way the world works theses days. The best talent for the lowest bid.

Once you have made it past the recruiter, you will speak with the HR hiring manager and the department manager you could potentially be working for. If you make it past that, you will speak with some leaders from the department and also the director of the department if they have time on their calendar to speak with you. This can be in person, over the phone or a Skype Video conference.

Interview Questions

• Past experience? Difficult situations and how did you overcome them? On the spot problem solving situations and how you would cope?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Supply Chain Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked standard questions such as:

1. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?

2. Demonstrate experience with foreign supply chain.

The interview lasted 30 mins after the intial conversation. Overall, very positive and freindly.

Interview Questions

• Detail a scenario where you offered improvement to a company process.   1 Answer

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Day long process filled with 3 one on one interviews. Offsite group dinner with employees and HR the night before.

Because of the nature of the job and the company's culture, it was obvious that you were being scored during the sit-down/formal part of the process. This position is about brand and the 2 days were definitely an audit of your personal brand.

Make sure to know the Newell Rubbermaid Game Plan and link that to your conversations.

Also, the particular HR rep handling this process was not very clear in their communications about the interviews- particularly after the interview, in terms of next steps and time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to see eye-to-eye with you on making a decision the way you wanted to.   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you'll consider Newell for future opportunities.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The night before they took us to dinner at a delicious restaurant in Atlanta. This gave us the opportunity to network with some of the interviewers in a casual environment. The next day, two senior brand managers interviewed me for 30 minutes each. I interviewed on a Tuesday and found out that Friday.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand (cannot say Newell Rubbermaid) and why?

Walk me through your resume.

Talk about a time you were faced with an ambiguous task and how you handled it.

Why Newell Rubbermaid?
      Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you will be joining our team!

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2011.

Interview

everyone was brought into a room, interviewed together. lots of folks from NWL were there, some leaders of the company. then asked to do a group project with other candidates and present the finding to the room of interviewer. overall an interesting experience

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join Newell!

Senior Manager Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, intense and long. The interview was with several people, the HR process was adequate in returning the follow-up information for next steps. The people were very nice and cordial during the process. I was in front of a lot of people and questions became similar from each person asking questions. This made it feel like people are alike in their thinking, creating a culture to learn.

Interview Questions

• What do I think about working long hours?   1 Answer

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review!

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought into the headquarters in Atlanta. I had two back-to-back interviews. They only asked me behavior questions, such as "tell about a time you worked in a group and X happened." They were very friendly and didn't try to stump or confuse me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and struggled to achieve your objective.   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with Talent Acquisition HR Manager about a general walk through of the resume and get to know the candidate over the phone.
    If passed this stage, you get a face to face interview with the hiring manager and the hiring director.
    If passed this stage, an offer would be presented or not.

Interview Questions

• There was no tricky questions, basically managers try to get to know your capability and try to understand how fit you are to the company culture. They are underlining the fact that Newell Rubbermaid had quite a C level shift throughout the years, you might be questioned about how well you can handle change and shifts in the company you work for?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.