Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions in Atlanta, GA | Glassdoor

Updated May 26, 2017

2.9

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Applied online via their website. Received a call in a few days for a phone screening with HR. Then a phone screen with the hiring manager. Final was an onsite interview in which I interviewed with about 4 people for 45 minutes each.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Glad to hear that you had a positive interview experience. We're glad to have you join the team!

Sales (Retail) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

My interview process started in February and consisted of 2 rounds of behavioral interviews on-campus. About 3 weeks later, I received an email to attend final round interviews. Rubbermaid had a networking event the night before the interviews at their global Atlanta Headquarters. The day of the interview started with presentations from employees. Then there was a group presentation portion where they evaluated how we work with each other and present ideas to the group and employees. The individual interviews consisted of 3 rounds and were all behavioral based. I received an offer about 2 weeks after.

Interview Questions

• It was all behavioral and situational. A lot of questions revolved around strengths, responsibility, and ability to take initiative.   Answer Question

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2014.

Interview

First, I went through a phone interview with someone from HR. It was pretty simple and quick. A couple weeks later, I received an email to the office for an interview. The night before we all had dinner at Maggianos. There were about 50 of us students. The next morning we went through about 3 rounds of interviews. The total process took about 6 hours. I can't remember most of the questions anymore, but they were standard questions.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 26, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We wish you the best of luck and hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions

• After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in December 2013.

Interview

Phone interview with Talent Acquisition HR Manager about a general walk through of the resume and get to know the candidate over the phone.
    If passed this stage, you get a face to face interview with the hiring manager and the hiring director.
    If passed this stage, an offer would be presented or not.

Interview Questions

• There was no tricky questions, basically managers try to get to know your capability and try to understand how fit you are to the company culture. They are underlining the fact that Newell Rubbermaid had quite a C level shift throughout the years, you might be questioned about how well you can handle change and shifts in the company you work for?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Brand Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

Applied online through my school career site. Interview Process took a few months. First round was conducted on campus with HR staff. Second round was a super-day at their Atlanta office. The questions were standard behavioral marketing questions- describe a time you worked on a team that was difficult, what is your greatest strength/weakness. Received offer over the phone a few weeks after super day.

Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview process was very quick and straight forward. I had an interview with the hiring manager, followed by a series in-person interviews with cross-functional team members, including marketing, HR, design, and engineering.

Internal Audit Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Talent acquisition staff are completely clueless about the role and responsibilities. They were not quick to get back to me for next steps. However, the worse part was when I actually interviewed with the Internal Audit staff. First the IT Director, just making non-sense questions asking where I was from, if I was planning to apply for citizenship, etc. I felt ver uncomfortable. Another person who interviewed me I could barely understood his questions, he spoke a very broken English which made me think how this person be employed and even more being a manager in this company. I see myself interacting on a daily basis with this kind of people and I just wanted to walk away.

Interview Questions

I noticed a lack of professionalism and diligence from the people who interviewed me e.g. Too many personal questions, lack of speaking skills, that I would not wanted to be related with employees like that in my next job.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

I was first contacted by a recruiter and then was screened in a phone interview by the recruiter. I was later contacted by the recruiter to setup face to face interviews within the department. I spent half the day interviewing with 5-6 members of the department individually and had a couple of interviews with 2-3 people at the same time. Each interview was scheduled for 30 minutes, but some of the interviews ran over. I was contacted a week later with an offer from the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions related to the position and my work experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated additional vacation. The salary was not very flexible.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

First round interview - basic resume review and behavioral questions - nothing out of the ordinary.