Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

A very disorganized process. Received email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview, I replied to the email twice and never received a confirmation or response. I had to call the recruiter to see what was going on... It seemed this recruiter never check his invox exhaustively to see if all candidates this recruiter reached out are interested in the position. Recruiter in HQ's didn't show respect to the time schedule for the interview because it wasn't available in two occasions, so phone interview had to be rescheduled. At the time of interview recruiter was late and not organized in phone interview process. Well a total terrible experience.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 6, 2017 – TA Analyst

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Short, to the point, in -depth with a focus on Enterprise architecture and coding .
    Also a summary of previous experience and challenges faced during design, development and deployment of projects.
    How long have I worked and for which employers .
    Do I have experience managing on-shore and off-shore teams and what is the maximum number of team members I have worked with , excluding my boss.
    Do I have any integration experience with SAP

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Aug 1, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Scientist/Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was phone interview followed by onsite interview. I went through the recruiter. One of the directors was very rude. He asked me very stupid and non-sense questions. Please do not go there. I am sharing my experience.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Ecommerce Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Was supposed to speak with hiring manager but she couldn't make it, so I spoke with someone else from her team instead. That was a red flag because it's important for me to know who I could potentially be working for and assess if it is a good fit (it works both ways, you know). New interviewer was curt and made me feel like I was wasting her time and she would rather be doing something else instead. I don't know yet if I will get an offer or what the next steps are (interviewer couldn't tell me), but even if I did, I will be turning it down. NOTHING about the interview process made me want to work with this team.

Note: Glassdoor did not have an option to show that the offer is still pending, so I just said I was given an offer but declined.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Recruited on campus and had two rounds of interviews on campus. Both interviews I met with two employees from Newell. They were friendly and asked behavioral questions. I then had a final round in Atlanta where we had to present to a group of employees, then we had 3 one-on-one interviews.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a mistake and what did you learn from it.   Answer Question

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed and wen through a staffing firm. The interview contain two phone interviews with the HR and hiring manger, and then four face to face interviews in the offices. The company was in the division of newell Rubbermaid. It was completely a waste of time is because they did not inform me that I needed consumer product experience in order to be considered for the position, which was NOT in the job requirement description. After I have interviewed with 5 different people around two weeks ago, I get a call from my recruiter that I went through informing me that they went with another candidate. This whole interview process was a complete waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about your current position?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?
      Answer Question

Senior Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Staffing Agency found my profile on linkedin and contacted me a few weeks back. A month later,I got a phone call from the agency. With my permission, the agency set up a phone interview the next business day with the hiring manager. I had a great dialogue with the hiring manager. So we set up a a face2face in the next 2 days over the phone. I was told that I got the job the next day after my f2f interview. I was very lucky as the interviewers are very sharp professionals.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with stakeholders conflicts?   1 Answer

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

An initial phone screening was scheduled followed by two separate in person interviews. The first was with two people, one of which was the hiring manager. The second in person interview was with several senior level managers in the department. The questions were fairly standard. Several people wanted to learn about my short and long term career goals.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Aug 10, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

First round behavioral interview followed by second/ final round site visit and interview day. Questions were pretty standard, focused on leadership, teamwork, dealing with difficult team members, etc. Interviewer was nice, but wrote down everything without looking up which was a bit weird. My favorite part was asking her questions at the end, make sure you have some prepared. We talked about her path through the company and how Newell selects brands.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand?
      Describe a good customer service experience you had recently and describe why it was good.
      Why brand management?
      Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Two day interview at the headquarters. They review how you work as a team and how you are at presenting. There is a dinner portion ther first night where you get to meet previous people in the program to learn about how the program helped them get to where they are. The second day you spend time doing one on ones with several people.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager