Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.1

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bentonville, AR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Bentonville, AR) in August 2016.

Interview

A very disorganized process. Received email from recruiter to schedule a phone interview, I replied to the email twice and never received a confirmation or response. I had to call the recruiter to see what was going on... It seemed this recruiter never check his invox exhaustively to see if all candidates this recruiter reached out are interested in the position. Recruiter in HQ's didn't show respect to the time schedule for the interview because it wasn't available in two occasions, so phone interview had to be rescheduled. At the time of interview recruiter was late and not organized in phone interview process. Well a total terrible experience.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 6, 2017 – TA Analyst

Scientist/Chemist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Charlotte, NC).

Interview

It was phone interview followed by onsite interview. I went through the recruiter. One of the directors was very rude. He asked me very stupid and non-sense questions. Please do not go there. I am sharing my experience.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 27, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed and wen through a staffing firm. The interview contain two phone interviews with the HR and hiring manger, and then four face to face interviews in the offices. The company was in the division of newell Rubbermaid. It was completely a waste of time is because they did not inform me that I needed consumer product experience in order to be considered for the position, which was NOT in the job requirement description. After I have interviewed with 5 different people around two weeks ago, I get a call from my recruiter that I went through informing me that they went with another candidate. This whole interview process was a complete waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about your current position?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

First round behavioral interview followed by second/ final round site visit and interview day. Questions were pretty standard, focused on leadership, teamwork, dealing with difficult team members, etc. Interviewer was nice, but wrote down everything without looking up which was a bit weird. My favorite part was asking her questions at the end, make sure you have some prepared. We talked about her path through the company and how Newell selects brands.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand?
      Describe a good customer service experience you had recently and describe why it was good.
      Why brand management?   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Day long process filled with 3 one on one interviews. Offsite group dinner with employees and HR the night before.

Because of the nature of the job and the company's culture, it was obvious that you were being scored during the sit-down/formal part of the process. This position is about brand and the 2 days were definitely an audit of your personal brand.

Make sure to know the Newell Rubbermaid Game Plan and link that to your conversations.

Also, the particular HR rep handling this process was not very clear in their communications about the interviews- particularly after the interview, in terms of next steps and time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to see eye-to-eye with you on making a decision the way you wanted to.   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you'll consider Newell for future opportunities.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with two different Brand Managers. Was asked behavioral questions from a standard packet. I was asked to respond in the STAR format. Employees interviewing me were friendly. I was rushed at the end of the second interview because we were nearing time -- the only negative I can say about the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Highlight something on your resume that you have not talked about yet.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a university recruiting board, and was reached out to about 2 weeks later. I interviewed on campus on a Friday, and it was an hour long with two recruiters- 30 minutes with one and then switch and 30 minutes with the other. They seemed very impressed, but I got an email Monday that I was not selected to move forward. They interviewed 30+ people at just my University and told me only 4 total would be selected for final round interview, with only 2 selected. One interviewer seemed very disinterested and skeptical, and wasn't very convincing that the job was appealing. He told me very little about the position itself. The second recruiter was more energetic, but again didn't tell me much about what the job would actually entail.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to delegate work to someone else and were you pleased or dissatisfied with the result?

When is a time that you had tor really search to find the source of a problem and how did you solve it?

What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email from an internal recruiter stating "It appears you could potentially be a fit for this position". The recruiter has me fill out a questionnaire about my current employment to aid some corporate espionage efforts. After submitting that he sends me a confirmation for a phone interview with an interviewer whose title at the firm is "Hiring Manager". Before the date of the phone interview the recruiter cancelled the phone interview because the Hiring Manager was going to be "training employees". So they re-scheduled. The interviewer called me eventually at the re-scheduled time. We did the phone interview. He asked me about my experience with SAP which is not required by the position. He asked about my skill sets in other software not required by the position (which I didn't have). A few days later the recruiter emailed me to tell me I was being turned down for employment. I thought about the experience over five days and realized the scam they were running. What the recruiter did was forge the interviewers title at the firm to be "Hiring Manager" when really their title is something else. They then used my answers given to the "Hiring Manager" to disqualify me from the position in the person's actual role at the company. It was a classic fraudulent interview process. The interviewer didn't have an MBA so they had to disqualify me from the process to protect the existing employee. All told the firm engaged in espionage, forgery and fraud. A malfeasance of this nature undermines any notion of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your SAP experience?   1 Answer

Jun 6, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

We always appreciate feedback about our recruiting and interview process. However, we have fully investigated this matter and determined that the recruiter and manager provided all appropriate... More

Supply Chain Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked standard questions such as:

1. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?

2. Demonstrate experience with foreign supply chain.

The interview lasted 30 mins after the intial conversation. Overall, very positive and freindly.

Interview Questions

• Detail a scenario where you offered improvement to a company process.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Jackson, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for mechanical engineer position for Newell Rubbermaid located at Jackson, MO. I got a phone interview with the engineering manager Mr. Aspen D-Costa around 3-4 days after the application, and was invited for an on-site interview for a team panel meeting one week later. Everything looks very normal before the interview, and a plant tour after the interview with Aspen D-Costa. The interview process is a bit strange for me and I feel at least 2 out 4 person are not very friendly. However, maybe I am too sensitive. What makes me confused was I requested the interview compensation for interview with the HR- Creg, Raney two times to request the compensation via email but got no response at all. To attend the interview, I had to drive 200 miles back and forth to show up onsite and I believe it is very reasonable to request the compensation for the miles and I am very disappointed that Newell Rubbermaid made the applicant to pay for the interview transportation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why you apply for this position?

2. Do you think you are overqualified?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review. We apologize if there was miscommunication regarding the interview travel reimbursement. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.