Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email from an internal recruiter stating "It appears you could potentially be a fit for this position". The recruiter has me fill out a questionnaire about my current employment to aid some corporate espionage efforts. After submitting that he sends me a confirmation for a phone interview with an interviewer whose title at the firm is "Hiring Manager". Before the date of the phone interview the recruiter cancelled the phone interview because the Hiring Manager was going to be "training employees". So they re-scheduled. The interviewer called me eventually at the re-scheduled time. We did the phone interview. He asked me about my experience with SAP which is not required by the position. He asked about my skill sets in other software not required by the position (which I didn't have). A few days later the recruiter emailed me to tell me I was being turned down for employment. I thought about the experience over five days and realized the scam they were running. What the recruiter did was forge the interviewers title at the firm to be "Hiring Manager" when really their title is something else. They then used my answers given to the "Hiring Manager" to disqualify me from the position in the person's actual role at the company. It was a classic fraudulent interview process. The interviewer didn't have an MBA so they had to disqualify me from the process to protect the existing employee. All told the firm engaged in espionage, forgery and fraud. A malfeasance of this nature undermines any notion of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your SAP experience?   1 Answer

Jun 6, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

We always appreciate feedback about our recruiting and interview process. However, we have fully investigated this matter and determined that the recruiter and manager provided all appropriate... More

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2014.

Interview

Talent Acquisition handled the front end of the process, and communciated very clearly the scope and reach of the individuals and the role

Interview Questions

• After 9 years of consistent track record, what happened in your last year to throw your resume off track? Frankly, I wouldn't have brought you in for the interview, but since you are here.   1 Answer

Supply Chain Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in July 2011.

Interview

After applying online I had an initial phone screen that led to an interview with the hiring manager and his peers. The role required specific language skills and background in supply chain. Having explained that I meet all the requirement over the phone with direct question and answers. I was invited to participate in a face-to-face interview in 2 weeks. I spend a full day in the face-to-face interview and walked away with a good feeling. I followed up with HR 3 times over the next 2 weeks only to get a phone call from the hiring manager who I had to track down and ended up getting told that they are changing the focus of the role and are looking at new candidates. I would warn anyone to be careful with the lack of leadership and focus.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you had a problem that you could not fix?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2011.

Interview

The most challenging interview I ever had

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in December 2010.

Interview

This was an intense and through process. All references were verfiied. A hair test was used for the drug screen.

Customer Account Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Chicago, IL) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied on indeed and wen through a staffing firm. The interview contain two phone interviews with the HR and hiring manger, and then four face to face interviews in the offices. The company was in the division of newell Rubbermaid. It was completely a waste of time is because they did not inform me that I needed consumer product experience in order to be considered for the position, which was NOT in the job requirement description. After I have interviewed with 5 different people around two weeks ago, I get a call from my recruiter that I went through informing me that they went with another candidate. This whole interview process was a complete waste of my time!

Interview Questions

• What do you like/dislike about your current position?
      How do you deal with difficult customers?   Answer Question

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with two separate individuals. About 30 minutes each. Questions were very similar with both interviewers so it was difficult to come up with on-the-fly answers that were different and equally interesting. The first 30 minutes, I was just basically asked to describe my resume, qualifications, and experience. The second 30 minutes was a lot more difficult. There were a lot of questions about working on teams etc., but a lot of the questions were extremely specific in terms of what they were asking. They really wanted you to have a story about a time you dealt with a problem pertaining to whatever it was they were asking, and then explain how you overcame said problem. It was difficult coming up with enough stories based on my previous experience. I imagine a few candidates had this issue as it is an entry-level position. Overall, I really liked the position and the company, but I had already decided that location was an issue for me. They are headquartered out of Atlanta, but this particular opening was for Charlotte, NC. That being said, they did offer flexibility to transfer within 1-2 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working with someone that had different priorities than you.   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Two day interview at the headquarters. They review how you work as a team and how you are at presenting. There is a dinner portion ther first night where you get to meet previous people in the program to learn about how the program helped them get to where they are. The second day you spend time doing one on ones with several people.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Phone interview with Atlanta. Only lasted about 15 minutes. Met in person with HR and hiring manager. Was excited about the company when I left. Very happy they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation with a co-worker   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and welcome to Newell!

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the Career Services site, and they notified us for on-campus interviews. I participated in two 30 minute interviews with different interviewers. They were extremely nice and encouraging, but asked tough behavioral questions that required you to call upon specific work experiences. Both interviewers asked the same questions. Get lots of rest so that you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What is a good decision you've made recently, and a bad one?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!