Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Senior Manager Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

The process took approximately 4 months and met with quite a few people. It involved internal and external candidates but understood that they have a policy now to look at both and not just promote internally. I would certainly ask if there are internal candidates as part of the process and what roles they are in.

Interview Questions

• There really wasn't anything too difficult - mostly standard.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Interview

The interview process consisted of two inital interviews and a final interview at the headquaters. this was a 3 part interview, 2 one-on-one interviews and a "technical" portion where we analyzed a product to determine how we could improve the quality, functionality, and reduce costs.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to give someone difficult feedback. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Applied online. Spoke with the HR manager on the phone. The was called by the hiring manager the next day. I was invited to the office where I interviewed with 4 people. I had lunch with the HR manager and then we did a short interview before leaving.

Interview Questions

• Nothing was too difficult. Just a long day and lots of people to speak with.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Called with an offer and emailed the terms

Human Resources Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in April 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with recruiter. Standard procedure telling about background and asking on the job. Spoke with recruiter on the phone and conversation ending that they would be in touch for next steps. Never heard anything regarding the position again. Would have been nice to receive a letter confirming I was not being considered for the role.

Interview Questions

• None very basic questions why you are looking to leave current position, what are you looking for in next role, strengths.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I had one phone screening followed by four phone interviews with the territory managers I was then invited to Atlanta for a three hour interview process with six people. These were people from brand management and sales.

Interview Questions

• The Atlanta interview was tough just netting six people one right after the other.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a little of the salary and expenses.

Sales Internship Interview

Interview

2 interviewers, 30 minutes with each one

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

They are very friendly and most informative

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I applied through my school after hearing about the opportunity.

It was a longer process then I thought it would be (spanning over 3 months). There was the initial phone screening interview, a second phone interview, and two face-to-face interviews at their office. The face-to-face interviews were with three different people each time. This is because there were 3 different marketing intern positions.

Everyone I talked to and interviewed with are exceptional people. Smart, nice, creative, and innovative. The interview process (although I was a bit nervous) was smooth and relaxed. They made me feel welcome.

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

Applied in December 2014, got a "Thank you, we are not selecting you" letter in February 2015. However, they are encouraging me to keep applying. Does it really takes two months to select one for a phone screen? Don't think I want to hear from them in the future.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to learn more about Newell's internal candidate process from your HRBP. Additionally, our recruiters are functionally aligned, so feel free to reach out to ... More

Supply Chain Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume via my university's job listing server. I heard back from the company within a week of the due date, and a phone interview was scheduled shortly after. They used previous students from my university, which made the interview seem more casual and laid-back than normal. The interview was extremely conversational and they did their best to make me feel comfortable. I didn't get an offer, which may be because I have never interviewed over the phone so I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time...
      What languages are you proficient in...
      Where would you like to be located within the program?
      How often would you like to travel?
      Answer Question

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities!