Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Day long process filled with 3 one on one interviews. Offsite group dinner with employees and HR the night before.

Because of the nature of the job and the company's culture, it was obvious that you were being scored during the sit-down/formal part of the process. This position is about brand and the 2 days were definitely an audit of your personal brand.

Make sure to know the Newell Rubbermaid Game Plan and link that to your conversations.

Also, the particular HR rep handling this process was not very clear in their communications about the interviews- particularly after the interview, in terms of next steps and time frames.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to convince a person or group to see eye-to-eye with you on making a decision the way you wanted to.   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope you'll consider Newell for future opportunities.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2016.

Interview

Two 30 minute interviews with two different Brand Managers. Was asked behavioral questions from a standard packet. I was asked to respond in the STAR format. Employees interviewing me were friendly. I was rushed at the end of the second interview because we were nearing time -- the only negative I can say about the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Highlight something on your resume that you have not talked about yet.   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winston-Salem, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winston-Salem, NC) in February 2016.

Interview

I submitted my resume through a university recruiting board, and was reached out to about 2 weeks later. I interviewed on campus on a Friday, and it was an hour long with two recruiters- 30 minutes with one and then switch and 30 minutes with the other. They seemed very impressed, but I got an email Monday that I was not selected to move forward. They interviewed 30+ people at just my University and told me only 4 total would be selected for final round interview, with only 2 selected. One interviewer seemed very disinterested and skeptical, and wasn't very convincing that the job was appealing. He told me very little about the position itself. The second recruiter was more energetic, but again didn't tell me much about what the job would actually entail.

Interview Questions

• When is a time you had to delegate work to someone else and were you pleased or dissatisfied with the result?

When is a time that you had tor really search to find the source of a problem and how did you solve it?

What are your strengths/weaknesses?

Business Intelligence Data Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in February 2016.

Interview

I applied to the position and received an email from an internal recruiter stating "It appears you could potentially be a fit for this position". The recruiter has me fill out a questionnaire about my current employment to aid some corporate espionage efforts. After submitting that he sends me a confirmation for a phone interview with an interviewer whose title at the firm is "Hiring Manager". Before the date of the phone interview the recruiter cancelled the phone interview because the Hiring Manager was going to be "training employees". So they re-scheduled. The interviewer called me eventually at the re-scheduled time. We did the phone interview. He asked me about my experience with SAP which is not required by the position. He asked about my skill sets in other software not required by the position (which I didn't have). A few days later the recruiter emailed me to tell me I was being turned down for employment. I thought about the experience over five days and realized the scam they were running. What the recruiter did was forge the interviewers title at the firm to be "Hiring Manager" when really their title is something else. They then used my answers given to the "Hiring Manager" to disqualify me from the position in the person's actual role at the company. It was a classic fraudulent interview process. The interviewer didn't have an MBA so they had to disqualify me from the process to protect the existing employee. All told the firm engaged in espionage, forgery and fraud. A malfeasance of this nature undermines any notion of professionalism.

Interview Questions

• What is your SAP experience?   1 Answer

Jun 6, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

We always appreciate feedback about our recruiting and interview process. However, we have fully investigated this matter and determined that the recruiter and manager provided all appropriate ... More

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Phone interview with Atlanta. Only lasted about 15 minutes. Met in person with HR and hiring manager. Was excited about the company when I left. Very happy they hired me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult situation with a co-worker   Answer Question

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and welcome to Newell!

Supply Chain Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in January 2016.

Interview

The interviewer asked standard questions such as:

1. What are your biggest strengths/weaknesses?

2. Demonstrate experience with foreign supply chain.

The interview lasted 30 mins after the intial conversation. Overall, very positive and freindly.

Interview Questions

• Detail a scenario where you offered improvement to a company process.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Jackson, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for mechanical engineer position for Newell Rubbermaid located at Jackson, MO. I got a phone interview with the engineering manager Mr. Aspen D-Costa around 3-4 days after the application, and was invited for an on-site interview for a team panel meeting one week later. Everything looks very normal before the interview, and a plant tour after the interview with Aspen D-Costa. The interview process is a bit strange for me and I feel at least 2 out 4 person are not very friendly. However, maybe I am too sensitive. What makes me confused was I requested the interview compensation for interview with the HR- Creg, Raney two times to request the compensation via email but got no response at all. To attend the interview, I had to drive 200 miles back and forth to show up onsite and I believe it is very reasonable to request the compensation for the miles and I am very disappointed that Newell Rubbermaid made the applicant to pay for the interview transportation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why you apply for this position?

2. Do you think you are overqualified?
      1 Answer

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review. We apologize if there was miscommunication regarding the interview travel reimbursement. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Brand Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The night before they took us to dinner at a delicious restaurant in Atlanta. This gave us the opportunity to network with some of the interviewers in a casual environment. The next day, two senior brand managers interviewed me for 30 minutes each. I interviewed on a Tuesday and found out that Friday.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand (cannot say Newell Rubbermaid) and why?

Walk me through your resume.

Talk about a time you were faced with an ambiguous task and how you handled it.

Why Newell Rubbermaid?

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you will be joining our team!

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (New York, NY).

Interview

There was a dinner for the candidates the night before the interview. The dinner was just informational and gave you the chance to understand the company better. The interview was with 2 senior brand managers for 30 min each and the questions were behavioral. I found out within 48ish hours.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions: describe a time when you had to work with someone whos personality was different than yours.   Answer Question
    • Whats your favorite Newell Rubbermaid brand and why? Whats your favorite other brand and why?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join our team!

Product Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Downers Grove, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Downers Grove, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a screening phone interview (30 min), phone interview with Senior Engineer (30 min), and an on-site interview with 5 people including a tour and lunch (4 hours). There were a few behavioral questions, but most were questions regarding my resume and how I work in a team environment. The whole interview process was great. Everyone was kind and very informative.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?

Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a team member.

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!