Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2015.

Interview

Applied through my University website and completed one on campus interview. Was called the next day and offered the position. I interviewed with one recruiter for thirty minutes and then was switched to a different recruiter and interviewed with her for another thirty minutes. They both asked the same questions.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and we look forward to having you join our team!

Supply Chain Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Columbia, SC) in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted a resume via my university's job listing server. I heard back from the company within a week of the due date, and a phone interview was scheduled shortly after. They used previous students from my university, which made the interview seem more casual and laid-back than normal. The interview was extremely conversational and they did their best to make me feel comfortable. I didn't get an offer, which may be because I have never interviewed over the phone so I was a bit nervous.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time...
      What languages are you proficient in...
      Where would you like to be located within the program?
      How often would you like to travel?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities!

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Athens, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Athens, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

Went through campus recruiting. Composed of Career fair, interview invite, pre-interview recruitment dinner, and then interview the next day. Recruitment dinner was casual and laid-back and was able to give information about the company and the internship itself as well as give sometime to meet employees and get a feel for the corporate culture. Interview was two 30-minute 1-on-1 interviews with two recruiters/brand managers.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

We are glad you decided to join our team!

Brand Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in October 2015.

Interview

I submitted my resume through the Career Services site, and they notified us for on-campus interviews. I participated in two 30 minute interviews with different interviewers. They were extremely nice and encouraging, but asked tough behavioral questions that required you to call upon specific work experiences. Both interviewers asked the same questions. Get lots of rest so that you can think on your feet.

Interview Questions

• What is a good decision you've made recently, and a bad one?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winchester, VA) in September 2015.

Interview

Basic process. Same questions asked for every position. The challenge is answering quite similar questions differently. But expectations are matched by the positions applied for, so i found it fairly easy.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if there is problem with the product?   1 Answer

Feb 12, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Associate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in September 2015.

Interview

First had a phone interview with HR, followed by another phone interview with hiring manager for the position. After the phone screenings, I traveled on site for an afternoon of interviews with all the hiring managers and directors. Overall the process took about 4 weeks from the first interview until the onsite interviews.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Associate Manager, E-Commerce Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

I applied online via the Newell-Rubbermaid website. I got a call about a week later from the HR person to "discuss the role further," code for phone interview. The interview went well, no tough questions just a run through of my resume. I was told my resume would be forwarded to the group leader, and if she liked it they'd be in touch to set up an in person interview for the following week.

Next week comes and goes but no email, I decided I would email the HR person to ask if I was still being considered, and to at least show that I was still interested. No response, which I found a bit rude being that the HR person was quick to reply when setting things up.

I understand they can't follow up to everyone, but a system generated email would have been much better than silence. Kind of surprised by such a large household name company.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Traffic Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Victorville, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Victorville, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Short, clean and enjoyable. The manager who interviewed me was professional and made me comfortable. There was nary a wait before the interview and a decision was made on the spot

Interview Questions

• Generic Interview questions. "What would you do in this situation?" Questions and such   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join our team!

Global Sourcing Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward. Apply online, a recruiter calls you and gets to know you and your experience. You can ask the recruiter for the salary range but it sometimes can NOT be accurate and the HR hiring manager will put a different salary number on your offer letter. Its a little unprofessional but that's the way the world works theses days. The best talent for the lowest bid.

Once you have made it past the recruiter, you will speak with the HR hiring manager and the department manager you could potentially be working for. If you make it past that, you will speak with some leaders from the department and also the director of the department if they have time on their calendar to speak with you. This can be in person, over the phone or a Skype Video conference.

Interview Questions

• Past experience? Difficult situations and how did you overcome them? On the spot problem solving situations and how you would cope?   1 Answer

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

2 phone interviews and 1 on-site interviews (5 hours total). There were some 1 on 1's and group panel interviews. After the interviews, there was a walk through the office area, company store, and cafeteria.

Interview Questions

• The interviews were more about how the applicants interacts with the interviewers.   1 Answer

Jul 10, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We are glad that you decided to join us! Thank you for your review.