Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated Apr 20, 2017

Summer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

three 30 minute interviews with different people. there was a phone interview followed by the on site interviews. The process took a little while but was no bad. Notification afterwards was pretty quick and the people their were really friendly and willing to guide you if you have the desire to work.

Interview Questions

• what experience do you have, interview is very casually so you need to sell yourself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

it was an internship, but you should always try to negotiate.

Jun 9, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join us for your internship and hope that you are enjoying your internship experience so far!

Director IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in June 2015.

Interview

Employee recommendation. Phone screen w/ recruiter. In-person interview. Asked about background (leading, running, contributing to the specific topic/role). Very interested in both business and technology... until they changed the rules TWICE during the process. Went silent for long periods of time (2-3 week clips). Finally decided to do a carbon-copy replacement of technical director with another technical director with deep expertise in SAP. Basically it's cattle-herding and responding to technical support needs - not the way the job was positioned or sold to me.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jul 31, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and we are sorry to hear about your experience. We will share this with our Talent Acquisition team and hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities.

Manufacturing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (East Longmeadow, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

I interview with 2 set of supervisors asked me why I wanted to work there and if the schedule was ok with me 4 12hr days one week 3 days the following in said I was loved that type of Shift

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Jun 24, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review and interest in a career with Newell Rubbermaid. We wish you all the best and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Assistant Manager, CMI Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in May 2015.

Interview

Quick phone screen followed by a phone interview with my to-be supervisor, overall both were relatively easy and focused on experience and skill sets relevant to the position and company. All questions of mine were answered thoroughly and I felt like I had learned a great deal about Newell just from the interview.

This was followed up a couple of weeks later with 4, back-to-back in person interviews that lasted roughly 30 minutes each. Everyone was friendly and I never felt intimidated, however I could sense that everyone that sat down with me was serious about what they do. Questions again focused on experiences (slightly informal behavioral interview style) and skill sets, and a bit of talk about fit with company culture.

I was then invited about a week later to come in and take a small assessment that focused on making sure I wasn't completely lying about my qualifications (basic computer and math skills here), which was followed by a brief interview with an HR person about how I would fit with Newell.

Within 2 weeks I received a very fair offer.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. Welcome to the team! We are glad that you have decided to join us.

Consumer Care Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Point, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (High Point, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

I first met with the senior manager and human resources to determine my skills for the job. I then met with the global director to learn more of her expectations. During the interview, we discussed personality questions, my experience, my skill set, how I would grow the position, where I see myself in 5 years, how I feel about working unusual hours (due to overseas partners). The interview was very good and it allowed me to see the environment -- it is very open and the people are genuinely nice.

Interview Questions

• How would you analyze call center data to optimize performance?   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future opportunities!

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

Interviewed with 5 people over 3 hours. Four were professional and nice. The fifth had an attitude walking in and I knew the conversation was DOA. I was just mad at the end of the process because HR never formally said I didn't get the position after weeks of passing.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and we hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (East Longmeadow, MA) in April 2015.

Interview

It was very good at first but then after the interviews and background and drug test I never heard from them again I was very shocked that they didn't have the decency to contact me. This was more then likely to be my dream job I'm not happy not is family it cost me my life and relationship

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here ?   1 Answer

Jun 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

We appreciate your review and apologize for your negative experience. We will share this feedback with our team and hope that you'll consider Newell Rubbermaid for future career opportunities.

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in April 2015.

Interview

I contacted a woman who I had met previously from the company and she set my interviews up. I drove to the Huntersville, NC for the interview and the company reimbursed my travel expense. I went into a meeting room in the main office building and two people interviewed me for the internship.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.

Senior Manager Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was straightforward, intense and long. The interview was with several people, the HR process was adequate in returning the follow-up information for next steps. The people were very nice and cordial during the process. I was in front of a lot of people and questions became similar from each person asking questions. This made it feel like people are alike in their thinking, creating a culture to learn.

Interview Questions

• What do I think about working long hours?   1 Answer

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review!

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.