Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2017

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Brief 15-20 minute phone call for the screening process and then in person interview with 3 interviewers in succession. The actual in person interview lasted around 3 hours. If selected, actual decision process occurs fairly quickly.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Materials Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

This process took place so long ago that I really don't remember exactly how it went. I was referred by an employee which I believe helped with getting the initial interview. It seemed like i took a little while for them to get back to me after the interview process, but they finally did and I got the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider one of your strengths?   1 Answer

Mar 25, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We're glad that you decided to join our team!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

I had three interviewers. The first half hour was with one interviewer, and the second half hour with two. I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel like I was being held under a microscope. They were responsive and gave me good feedback. Overall, I would say I had a successful interview and would encourage others to apply.

Interview Questions

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Apr 16, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We appreciate your interest in a career at Newell Rubbermaid and hope that you'll consider us for future opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Came to campus to Interview a good number of people. Two thirty minute interviews back to to back with people in different positions. Very pleasant to talk to and didn't make it seem like a scary process.

Interview Questions

• Asked what my favorite marketing campaign was as well as general interview questions like my strengths and when I solved a problem and have made a big decision, etc. They were mainly personality based, trying to see how you think.   Answer Question

Apr 27, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We hope that you'll keep Newell Rubbermaid in mind for future career opportunities.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntersville, NC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Huntersville, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through my university and was then contacted my HR. First I had an initial phone screening to set up a phone interview with HR. Then, I had four 30 minute in person interviews with members of the team I would be working on and an HR person. After these interviews, I heard back 4 days later.

Interview Questions

• The questions were all behavioral and the interviews with members of the team were more conversational. HR asked typical questions like Tell me about a time you had to lead a team.   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you decided to join our team!

Sales Operations Interview

Interview

Applied in December 2014, got a "Thank you, we are not selecting you" letter in February 2015. However, they are encouraging me to keep applying. Does it really takes two months to select one for a phone screen? Don't think I want to hear from them in the future.

Mar 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. I encourage you to learn more about Newell's internal candidate process from your HRBP. Additionally, our recruiters are functionally aligned, so feel free to reach out to... More

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid.

Interview

The interview was great, and the human resources person was very friendly and caring. She took the time to answer my questions about the company and also had the courtesy of emailing me right away when I was refereed by another employee

Interview Questions

• What could I contribute to the company? What am I looking for to get in the internship?   Answer Question

Feb 17, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review. We look forward to having you join our intern class this summer!

Brand Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Atlanta, GA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was brought into the headquarters in Atlanta. I had two back-to-back interviews. They only asked me behavior questions, such as "tell about a time you worked in a group and X happened." They were very friendly and didn't try to stump or confuse me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked in a team and struggled to achieve your objective.   Answer Question

Jan 7, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for sharing your experience!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winchester, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Winchester, VA) in January 2015.

Interview

Starts with a phone screen from a Talent Acquisition Manager. It then moves on to a phone interview with the hiring manager, he/she will tell you more about the position and dive into your background and relevant experience. Next is an in person interview with five team members at the location of the company. I met with the Director, two Sr. brand managers, HR representative and R&D manager.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions. Nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Mar 4, 2015 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review! We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience and we hope that you'll continue to pursue opportunities within Newell.

Assistant Brand Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid in January 2015.

Interview

In-person interview with two separate individuals. About 30 minutes each. Questions were very similar with both interviewers so it was difficult to come up with on-the-fly answers that were different and equally interesting. The first 30 minutes, I was just basically asked to describe my resume, qualifications, and experience. The second 30 minutes was a lot more difficult. There were a lot of questions about working on teams etc., but a lot of the questions were extremely specific in terms of what they were asking. They really wanted you to have a story about a time you dealt with a problem pertaining to whatever it was they were asking, and then explain how you overcame said problem. It was difficult coming up with enough stories based on my previous experience. I imagine a few candidates had this issue as it is an entry-level position. Overall, I really liked the position and the company, but I had already decided that location was an issue for me. They are headquartered out of Atlanta, but this particular opening was for Charlotte, NC. That being said, they did offer flexibility to transfer within 1-2 years.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you were working with someone that had different priorities than you.   Answer Question

Mar 22, 2016 – Talent Brand Manager