Newell Rubbermaid Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newell Rubbermaid Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions

2.3

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jackson, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Jackson, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for mechanical engineer position for Newell Rubbermaid located at Jackson, MO. I got a phone interview with the engineering manager Mr. Aspen D-Costa around 3-4 days after the application, and was invited for an on-site interview for a team panel meeting one week later. Everything looks very normal before the interview, and a plant tour after the interview with Aspen D-Costa. The interview process is a bit strange for me and I feel at least 2 out 4 person are not very friendly. However, maybe I am too sensitive. What makes me confused was I requested the interview compensation for interview with the HR- Creg, Raney two times to request the compensation via email but got no response at all. To attend the interview, I had to drive 200 miles back and forth to show up onsite and I believe it is very reasonable to request the compensation for the miles and I am very disappointed that Newell Rubbermaid made the applicant to pay for the interview transportation.

Interview Questions

• 1. Why you apply for this position?

2. Do you think you are overqualified?
    1 Answer

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Jun 23, 2016 – Talent Acquisition Systems and Operations Analyst

Thank you for your review. We apologize if there was miscommunication regarding the interview travel reimbursement. We hope that you'll keep us in mind for future career opportunities.

Other Interview Reviews for Newell Rubbermaid

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Longmeadow, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (East Longmeadow, MA) in March 2012.

Interview

Initial interview/short talk with someone in HR. Second interview with potential mentor, easy talk, questions like "what was your biggest leadership role? Describe a time you went above and beyond what was expected." Very generic stuff. Third interview (skype) with same guy and also another member of the team. Whole process took about 2 weeks and received an offer about a week after last interview.

Other offer.

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakbrook Terrace, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Newell Rubbermaid (Oakbrook Terrace, IL) in April 2011.

Interview

Applied online, received phone call from HR for initial screening, set up phone interview with manager, then had vchat interview with HR director. Every person was very friendly, and considering it was my first ever interview experience, it went very smoothly! I think moreso than the skills I had to offer (which weren't many, since I applied for this internship after sophomore year and didn't have much work experience), they were looking for personality and fit.

Interview Questions

• It was several years ago, so I don't remember exactly, but I don't recall any odd questions. Mostly behavioral and explanation of skills/resume.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Did not negotiate, since compensation was good.

Newell Rubbermaid Response

Dec 15, 2014 – Talent Brand Manager

Thank you for your review.