Newmark Knight Frank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newmark Knight Frank Interview Questions

Interviews at Newmark Knight Frank

2.6

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview

Was ok. Took a little longer than expected. Was passed over for the job then was asked to start a week before start date after I had made other plans due to not hearing back,

GIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY).

Interview

Terrible, ghosted me after an on-site interview. I get it that employer nowadays won't give you specific reasons as to why you were rejected. But come on, not even a general BOILERPLATE REJECTION after an on-site? And I built a website for the interview.

My point is, you can see me as a unqualified candidate, but I deserve to be treated better. At least show appreciation, show respect, thank me for coming to the interview and my time spent preparing for it!!!

I ended up accepting an offer elsewhere, but I will always remember and circulate my word about the mistreatment here at RKF.

Graphic Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (Irvine, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

At the end of January 2020, the hiring manager for this company reached out to me on LinkedIn. I replied, expressing my interest. My resume was submitted soon after. A few days later, I was called for an impromptu phone interview. The next day, I was invited via email to an in-person interview with three dates to choose from. They let me know what to expect and bring (planned runtime, design test details, etc.). Fast forward a week or so to the interview, and everything went as expected. Later that afternoon, they called me with an offer at $10,000 over my asking price, asking if I had any lingering questions before they got the ball rolling. I asked for clarification on three points: project ownership, project variety, and flexibility. They answered more or less satisfactorily, giving me a day to think it over and accept or decline by email or phone. I accepted the offer via email that night, asking if it would be acceptable to give my current employer the standard two week's notice out of respect to them (since they hadn't asked for a start date up to that point).

They were moving along at a nice clip, so I fully expected to receive a formal offer letter the following morning. Nothing came by lunch, so I called, got their voicemail, and left a message. The minute I returned to my desk, an email arrived from them saying that, following our phone conversation, they had decided to go in a different direction and regretted to inform me that they were withdrawing their verbal offer. No further explanation given.

I've never heard of that happening before. It's by far the rudest and most unprofessional thing I've ever experienced (not to mention the most unethical). Were they upset that I wanted to give my current employer sufficient notice? Did they not like my questions? Were they looking to hire cattle as opposed to thoughtful, intelligent people who don't take big decisions lightly regardless of the size of the carrot being dangled in front of them? However they interpreted our exchange, my acceptance of their offer should've told them that I had weighed the pros and cons and decided that I was willing to making any necessary compromises to work for them. I now see that that would've been a colossal mistake. If this is how they treat their applicants, I shudder to think how they treat their actual employees. I'd steer clear of this place if I were you.

Interview Questions

• The questions were standard fare, but the hard part was the 1.5-hour design test in which I had to design a cover and spread for a hypothetical booklet promoting a commercial property as well as proofread a few paragraphs of copy.   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in August 2019.

Interview

My staffing company sent me to the interview. They prepped me beforehand with information about the company and position. I went in, interviewed for thirty minutes and then left. The next day they offered me the job.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview

Excellent. They were very thoughtful throughout the process and transparent with the role. They have a significant amount of competition for each position and you need to differentiate to get the role

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a financial service recruitment agency and I heard that they need an immediate hire. I went thru two phone interviews and no person. I know they use Salesforce but they only asked me questions about how to handle large datasets and clean data. Since I have project and self learning experience, I thought I answered quite thoroughly. I was trying to provide so much detail or recommendations as possible when I answered. After two phone interviews, they decided to hire me and then I tried to learn some practical knowledge of Salesforce before my first day.

Interview Questions

• If you have a dataset with millions of rows, how would you extract or sort specific data in general?   1 Answer
    • If I give a large dataset and I want to you make sure or extract all phone numbers are from brahbrah city , how would you accomplish that?   1 Answer

Technical Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY).

Interview

I had a two round phone interview, then an in person interview. All rounds went great. I met with the CIO and the first thing he said to me was " i never meet with a candidate unless we want to hire you, so i just want to get to know you better" We had great conversation and i was leaving he said " i hate to steal (employee name) thunder, but i would love for to join the team. I will have (employee name) write up the papers and talk to the recruiter. I waited 3 days to hear from them. Then the recruiter tells me they decided not to hire???? I was disappointed in how much of a lead on it was.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied online. Recruiter got back to me within the week and I went into the office to meet with the MD. Interview was pretty straightforward and not to many technical questions

Managing Director Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in August 2018.

Interview

The interview process included 3 phone conversations with different people. They mostly talked about the company culture and the growth opportunities. Very little was discussed about the role or conditions within the work environment.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you were very challenged and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Property Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview

Interview process was basically to go over my resume and to see if i was qualified for the job, as well as if i would fit in the would the rest of the team. I think the interview went very well, it was laid back and more so getting to know me