Newmark Knight Frank Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

Sort:

Assistant Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview process was fast. I was called by a hiring manager to set up a phone interview for the next day. After our phone interview was completed i was called later that afternoon to set up a face to face interview the next week with the manager and senior manager. After i did that interview i received an e-mail 1 week later stating that i did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a typical day at my previous day job.   1 Answer

Assistant Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY) in October 2011.

Interview

Met first with Director of PM and then PM. Two days later met with the PM. Job advertised as an APM, but it's described as a admin/clerical support by PM. No indication of upward mobility - a dead end job.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a problem working long hours? (The reason I believe for this question was because I asked what are the hours)   Answer Question

Long hours expected for low pay. Poor benefit package. HR Director snippy!! Tells a lot what's to come should one join the company.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fountain Valley, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (Fountain Valley, CA) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by a staffing firm for the recruiter position. Interviewed with the director. She was great, easy going and very positive. I thought we got along well. Our discussions lasted about an hour and 30 minutes. Then I interviewed with the HR manager, which only lasted 20 minutes tops. After the interview, the director saw me out and gave me her business card. This was 3 weeks ago. I still have not heard from the staffing company or the director. At least provide some kind of feedback.

Property Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

Received a call to come in for an interview the next day. Interview was easy. Asked basic questions about my experience and accounting skills. Also explained to me what the job description entailed. Interview was fine, however, no job offer extended.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about experience and various accounting methods   Answer Question

Property Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

Submitted resume and was called in for interview. Came in for interview and spoke with Senior Property Manager for about an hour. After interview, I was told they would let me know.

Property Management Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview

Interview process was basically to go over my resume and to see if i was qualified for the job, as well as if i would fit in the would the rest of the team. I think the interview went very well, it was laid back and more so getting to know me

Property Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (New York, NY) in May 2009.

Interview

Got this interview via a recruiter. I received a call for this job from 2 different recruiters. Once I got there, they were running late and I was forced to wait for almost an hour. Once I got in, it started out as a normal interview. He asked me one questionand then started talking. He rambled on about how many interviews he had that day (20) and how everyone was qualified. He told me that he was basing his decision on his gut feeling. He wouldn't really let me get a word in edgewise after that. I guess I didn't fit based on his gut, but I thought it was extremely unprofessional how he handled the situation. He wouldn't let me prove myself at all.

Interview Questions

• There was only one question-how did you hear about this interview. It was a dumb question as I came from a recruiter   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank (Richmond, VA).

Interview

Several email communications, three interviews with different levels of management and thorough background check that took a two or three weeks. After the background check was completed everything else went smooth and quick.

Interview Questions

• They asked many questions as to what type of project management experience I had. There were also questions asked that only you would know the answers to if you were in that line of work.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I negotiated the first offer but accepted the counter offer. This phase was not pressured and they were pleasant to work with. They want to make sure the employee is happy with what they are getting which is why the morale of the employees is great!

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank in October 2015.

Interview

I completed the interview process within 2 days spanning a couple of weeks. It would have been done in a day but a key executive was out of town. The interview started at HR and I went on to meet other project managers and executives.

They provided a relaxed atmosphere in contrast to many corporate environments. Everyone was extremely friendly and genuinely wanted me to succeed and put my best foot forward.

Interview Questions

• How can your experiences at school and in your internship translate to the industry?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newmark Knight Frank.

Interview

Very relaxed, had a conversation with three total people from the head of the marketing department to the local person who I would be working with. Overall, it was a good experience speaking with the people of Newmark.

One thing: DO NOT TRY TO NEGOTIATE.

Whatever is in the offer letter is the best they can do for you. Corporate determines budgets and the HR rep has no power. They gave me an offer that was almost $15k below the average for this position in the city and when I countered to bring the pay up in line with city averages, they said they could not move the number one cent nor add any other benefits to sweeten the deal.

I get the feeling Newmark sees their support staff as a massive expense instead of what they truly are: what makes your business run.

Get your compensation packages AT LEAST in line with averages.