Newmont Australia Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

Interviews for Top Jobs at Newmont Australia

Candidate Interview Review

Contract Administrator Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Newmont Australia in February 2010.

Interview

Initial communications were through a recruitment company. My resume was sent through on a Monday afternoon, interviewed lunchtime of the next day.

Panel consisted of three employees - 1 from HR, 2 from the relevant department. Questions ranged from skillset to problem-solving examples. Panel members seemed a bit dry, but easy-going. Questions I asked (which they liked) were to do with environment and social responsibility, typical contracts and portfolio, and why they initially wanted to work for the company, and what they now think is the best aspect of working there.

References were called that afternoon, and job offer made on Thursday. I would advise other interview candidates, regardless of the position, make sure you take time to think about your answer before you speak.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about an example where you had to use your skills to influence key stakeholders.   Answer Question

The salary package offered was not commensurate with my current overall package, and the location of the position woudl have resulted in an additional hour of commuting per day.