Newmont Goldcorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Newmont Goldcorp

2.8

1. Featured Interview

Geologist Interview

Interview

There are 3 steps. Recorded video, live video and in person. The first step you record yourself and send it off. The second step you log onto a video feed with the hiring team. The third step, you come out to site and meet everyone.

Analyst Interview

Interview

HR on the phone. Manager interview on the phone as well. Interview with manager. Interview with Manager and group. Very nice group to work with. professional work environment. Given tour of area of work. Shown different areas including those to relax in during lunch. questions were technical and those to learn more about your personality. excellent questions regarding experience, education and determination for the position. I recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• experience, technical skills, type of personality   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp (Denver, CO) in February 2010.

Interview

Initial communication was through email. I was asked to come in and speak with a rep. They asked me several basic questions about my experience, my goals, and my financial acumen. There were no quantitative exams or technical evaluations. Overall it was a good experience and I look forward to hearing back.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as Newmont's competitive advantage?   2 Answers

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp (Elko, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview
    Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "Give us a example when" type questions   1 Answer

IT Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp in April 2012.

Interview

Long, drawn out process. I had to create a powerpoint presentation and present it, but people didn't really have time to listen or care. Waste of time. One person simply asked questions off of a sheet, which are the standard questions. Others were more engaged, which is why I finally got the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Non-existent

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp.

Interview

Very casual interview. Asked some questions about how I work with others, my recent experience, etc., but it was mostly very conversational. Very friendly people and willing to help and answer any questions.

Intern Interview

Interview

I first applied online. Then I was emailed to submit a one way video interview a week later. Then I was set up with a panel skype interview a few weeks later with people from different mine sites.

Interview Questions

• What challenges have you faced?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Butte, MT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp (Butte, MT) in September 2012.

Interview

When they visited my college, I submitted my resume. Upon reviewing my resume, they called me back for the initial interview the day after the Career Fair. Later, they informed me that they wanted to do a second phone interview. After the phone interview (2-3 weeks) they called me back with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Way you have shown leadership in safety?   1 Answer

Underground Miner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Elko, NV

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp (Elko, NV) in November 2012.

Interview

Pretty informal, individual interview. Almost impossible to get an interview without knowing someone that works there to refer your application to HR so that it gets pulled. They receive thousands of applications every week. The length of time from being offered a job to your actual start date is very long, took 4 weeks in my case. The interview focuses a lot on your personality, work ethic, and views on safety.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle workplace conflict?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

I was met at the front doors of the Greenwood Village office, offered refreshment and brought to a conference room. The interviewers each came to me. Everyone was very professional. I provided a presentation regarding my background and compatibility with the position I was interviewing for. The interview process was very conversational with a solid exchange for ideas.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your previous industry experience will prepare you for the challenges of this role?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newmont Goldcorp in January 2018.

Interview

Phone Interview - They scheduled the interview for one day and called the day prior (and not even at the arranged time). The recruiter rambled on for 10 minutes, asked one question, and then tried to get off of the phone quickly. It was a bizarre experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe your experience and how it relates to this position.   1 Answer