Newmont Mining Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newmont Mining Interview Questions

Updated Nov 13, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Very casual interview. Asked some questions about how I work with others, my recent experience, etc., but it was mostly very conversational. Very friendly people and willing to help and answer any questions.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenwood Village, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newmont Mining (Greenwood Village, CO).

Interview

I was met at the front doors of the Greenwood Village office, offered refreshment and brought to a conference room. The interviewers each came to me. Everyone was very professional. I provided a presentation regarding my background and compatibility with the position I was interviewing for. The interview process was very conversational with a solid exchange for ideas.

Interview Questions

• Explain how your previous industry experience will prepare you for the challenges of this role?   Answer Question

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnemucca, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmont Mining (Winnemucca, NV) in May 2017.

Interview

I received a call from one of the hr representatives at Newmont in Nevada for an online video interview with the team of engineers. They set up a video interview 3 weeks after the call. During the interview they asked me the most ridiculous questions that were unrelated to the position I was being interviewed for. Not once did they mention anything related about the job position or what kind of skills I have that is engineering related. It was all negative questions regarding the worst situations I have encountered on the job in my previous working positions. The interview process for jobs these days is unbelievable, since when do people act like psychologists? Job interviews are suppose to be questions regarding the job details outlined and if I am qualified to carry out the operations.

Interview Questions

• They asked me what the worst conflict I had with a co-worker while working for a company and how I acted ethically with the person?   Answer Question
    • Worst thing I ever did while working?   Answer Question
    • How to be ethical in situations that involve conflict?   Answer Question

Senior Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newmont Mining in May 2017.

Interview

Online submission of resume and cover and was called about a week later. Set up time for a phone screening. interview which lasted about 40 minutes. Told that resume would be forwarded to hiring manager but have yet to hear back. Would be nice to hear one way or the other.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Thorough and informative interview process. Position was explained well. Initial interview was teleconference, then flown in to meet with the team and management staff. Prepare for a full one to two days to complete in-town portion of interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the area? Many people are not comfortable living in such a remote area. How would you and your family feel about moving here?   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

I applied online and a week or two later was contacted to have a video chat interview with the group I'd be working with. After the interview I didn't hear back from them for nearly a month and a half, but they finally contacted me saying they wanted to fly me out for a few days to do an onsite interview. The interview itself was fine and the people in the group were all lovely, but the HR staff is HORRIFIC.

They won't contact you with crucial information (I had to call them myself the afternoon before my flight because they told me they would email me my flight and hotel information and at 2pm the day before leaving I still hadn't received anything) and they're incredibly unprofessional. Before I flew back home I was told HR would contact me to say whether or not I had been offered the position some time within the next few weeks. After almost a month of waiting for a response I decided to email them, I got a response saying that I hadn't contact the correct HR person (there were two that I had been dealing with over the course of applying) so they would forward my email to the person on my account and she would contact me as soon as possible. To make sure I actually got ahold of her I sent an email as well.

After all I've experienced with the HR people, it shouldn't have surprised me that she never responded. It's 6 months later and for all I know, they could still be deliberating on whether or not I should get the position because no one ever bothered to tell me I hadn't been hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. They also asked me technical questions relating to the processes they do like "why would we add activated carbon to the process?"   Answer Question

Mine Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newmont Mining (Tucson, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Hiring process was a video montage with a series of questions about yourself and the projects you have worked on. In person interview was similar structure, because I was a returning intern I did not partake in conference call interview in the most recent employment.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific project or task that had a deadline that you were not sure if you were able to meet it. How would you overcome it?   1 Answer

Staff Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Phone interview with a third party service followed by an on site interview all day at the mine. Got to see much of the property and had breakfast and lunch with the dept. members. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions, asked about background, safety, environmental stewardship, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

It was conducted by processing plant HR rep and senior mettalurgist at process plant office.
    They start interview me on theory after that and we move on to pratical aspet

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Day long, on-site interview. Not a traditional sit down interview, just a day long evaluation looking at how I fit with the team, and how comfortable I was working in a mine setting. Toured all of the facilities used by geologists, and went underground to the mine I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any specific questions, but emphasize the importance of a strong safety culture to you. Safety, more than your technical skills, is what's important in these types of jobs.   Answer Question