Newmont Mining Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newmont Mining Interview Questions

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Thorough and informative interview process. Position was explained well. Initial interview was teleconference, then flown in to meet with the team and management staff. Prepare for a full one to two days to complete in-town portion of interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you familiar with the area? Many people are not comfortable living in such a remote area. How would you and your family feel about moving here?   Answer Question

Metallurgist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

I applied online and a week or two later was contacted to have a video chat interview with the group I'd be working with. After the interview I didn't hear back from them for nearly a month and a half, but they finally contacted me saying they wanted to fly me out for a few days to do an onsite interview. The interview itself was fine and the people in the group were all lovely, but the HR staff is HORRIFIC.

They won't contact you with crucial information (I had to call them myself the afternoon before my flight because they told me they would email me my flight and hotel information and at 2pm the day before leaving I still hadn't received anything) and they're incredibly unprofessional. Before I flew back home I was told HR would contact me to say whether or not I had been offered the position some time within the next few weeks. After almost a month of waiting for a response I decided to email them, I got a response saying that I hadn't contact the correct HR person (there were two that I had been dealing with over the course of applying) so they would forward my email to the person on my account and she would contact me as soon as possible. To make sure I actually got ahold of her I sent an email as well.

After all I've experienced with the HR people, it shouldn't have surprised me that she never responded. It's 6 months later and for all I know, they could still be deliberating on whether or not I should get the position because no one ever bothered to tell me I hadn't been hired.

Interview Questions

• Typical behavioral questions. They also asked me technical questions relating to the processes they do like "why would we add activated carbon to the process?"   Answer Question

Staff Geologist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Phone interview with a third party service followed by an on site interview all day at the mine. Got to see much of the property and had breakfast and lunch with the dept. members. It was a good interview.

Interview Questions

• Lots of questions, asked about background, safety, environmental stewardship, etc.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

It was conducted by processing plant HR rep and senior mettalurgist at process plant office.
    They start interview me on theory after that and we move on to pratical aspet

Geologist Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

Day long, on-site interview. Not a traditional sit down interview, just a day long evaluation looking at how I fit with the team, and how comfortable I was working in a mine setting. Toured all of the facilities used by geologists, and went underground to the mine I would be working in.

Interview Questions

• Can't remember any specific questions, but emphasize the importance of a strong safety culture to you. Safety, more than your technical skills, is what's important in these types of jobs.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

HR on the phone. Manager interview on the phone as well. Interview with manager. Interview with Manager and group. Very nice group to work with. professional work environment. Given tour of area of work. Shown different areas including those to relax in during lunch. questions were technical and those to learn more about your personality. excellent questions regarding experience, education and determination for the position. I recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• experience, technical skills, type of personality   1 Answer

Health, Safety, and Loss Prevention Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greeley, CO

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newmont Mining (Greeley, CO) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview. Lasted 10 minutes. Interviewer seem to have his mind made up. Very easy interview. Interviewer was a senior manager and was very personable. He did his homework on me and knew lots about me. Wanted to get to know me via telephone. Offer received in 2 hours.

MECHANIC I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Mining.

Interview

4 panel interview including HR. Very informal attire, casual. Usual questions regarding the work and the company's needs. Took maybe 30 minutes then was asked to leave the room while they talked it over. Called back into the room after 5-10 minutes and was offered the position. Afterward, another hour in HR filling out paperwork and setting up start date.

Global IT Analyst Interview

Interview

Initial phone screen was with a recruiter followed by 3 on site interviews. First was with the team I would be working with, followed by a one-on-one with our Director, and another with an executive chief of staff. First interview was with the group and I was asked to give a 5 minute PowerPoint presentation. Was asked some technical questions. Next interview was with a director and more of a interpersonal interview to see how I'd fit in with the team.

Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elko, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Newmont Mining (Elko, NV) in April 2014.

Interview

Group interview
    Share your interview experience insights with job seekers so that they can know what to expect from the hiring process.

We review and approve every submission against our Community Guidelines before it is published to the site.

Interview Questions

• Lots of "Give us a example when" type questions   1 Answer