Newport Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 11, 2017

2.5

BOLI Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newport Group (Greensboro, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

About a week after I had applied, I received an email from the HR at a remote office to setup a phone interview. Scheduled and had the phone interview the next day. Very easy and casual interview. At the end of the phone interview I scheduled an in person interview at the office for the week after.

The office interview was with three people, two senior account managers and the manager that I would report to. Everyone was friendly and was informative to the history and what you would do at your position. Just make sure you're able to give your history and how it would fit into the position that you applied for and you should have a successful interview. Interview style was a very back and forth conversation.

A week after I got the call from HR to receive an offer. They said they would reach out either way if you got the job or not. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• What previous experience do you have that is relevant to the position?   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newport Group (Orlando, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

the interview process was straight forward. The entire process consisted of one phone call Q&A and one in person interview. Very simple and basic (as it should be), great experience!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about myself, my job experiences, and why I would make a good fit.   1 Answer

Account Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newport Group (Folsom, CA) in May 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an internal employee. I was called in for two interviews. One with two client service managers, and a second with a client service manger and VP of Client Services. Had a good experience in both interviews. All the questions were relevant to the position. The interviews lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle problems or issues that came up with a client in your previous position?   Answer Question

Conversion Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Folsom, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newport Group (Folsom, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online and received a call the next morning to set up a phone interview. The phone interview consisted of a short conversation with a member of the HR team which included general background questions, company and position information, salary expectations, etc. I was then scheduled for an in person interview. I interviewed with the department manager followed by the department director. Both were casual and informative. We discussed the company, my background - strengths and weaknesses etc., salary expectations, and specific position information and expectations. I received a call 2 days later with an offer. I love the company so far and I'm very happy with my decision to join The Newport Group.

Interview Questions

• What would consider a weakness or something you would like to improve on?   Answer Question

Inside Sales Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Newport Group (Walnut Creek, CA) in April 2017.

Interview

I met with Newport Group in late April, and within 10 minutes I knew I had to work there. Naturally, the location, reputation and office décor was esteemed. Interviewed twice and took assessment test prior to second interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked what was my greatest strength.   1 Answer

Relationship Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newport Group (Overland Park, KS) in February 2017.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview with HR. This was a very basic interview, just getting a feel for why you are interested in the job and also to give you a general feel for what the position involves. I scheduled an in person interview with the Client Services manager and the Vice President of Client Services. This was also a pretty straight forward interview in that they had asked why I would be a good fit for the position and to give them some general information about myself. They also went into more detail about what the position was and what they expected out of the person they would hire.

Interview Questions

• How I would react in a situation where a client was upset.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newport Group (Orlando, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

A third party recruiter contacted me regarding an opportunity with Newport Group. I had a phone interview with my potential direct manager and heard that evening they would like to fly me to another office for onsite interviews. During the onsite interview I spoke with 5 team members. Each of the team members asked me questions related to my experience and skill set.

Compliance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Moline, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newport Group (Moline, IL) in January 2017.

Interview

A recruiter gave me a short telephone interview and scheduled an in person interview at local office. I met upper management, had a group interview with Team leaders, then followed up with an interview with the same manger I met prior.

Interview Questions

• Basics about prior work experiences and knowledge of industry and computer software programs   Answer Question

Operations Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Folsom, CA

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Newport Group (Folsom, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was initially for the call center rep position. I received a phone call from the corporate recruiter and she asked me a few general questions about my interests. We scheduled an in person interview at the Folsom location a few days later. I interviewed with the call center manager, as well as the operations manager. It was relatively easy, and more conversational than I expected. They asked me a few questions about my work experience, and then they allowed me to ask them questions about the company. We had a great dialogue around company culture and diversity. I was offered a position as an operations specialist about a week later, but ultimately declined due to the pay rate. The experience was fun though; and I would gladly take an offer if a position with more pay was to open up.

Pay rate was too low.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newport Group.

Interview

Very uneventful. Standard. Surprised to find out that financial services experience was not a requirement for the more complex roles. Having a FRIEND or FAMILY MEMBER is the only requirement to get an offer. J was contacted by HR for a role in Folsom, CA as a customer service rep; however, since I had a team lead role in a famous organization, I was offered a more responsible role. I was apprehensive about the opportunity but since I was assured by the interviewer that I would be fine with their assistance.

Interview Questions

• How can your professional experience be applied to the role that we are seeking to hire?   Answer Question