Newport Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Newport Interview Questions

Updated Jul 24, 2017

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bozeman, MT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Newport (Bozeman, MT) in March 2017.

Interview

4 hours of interviews with all key personnel on site. Each interviewer spent about 30-50 minutes with me. It was very thorough. The people were great. The facility itself is dated.

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newport.

Interview

They were very kind and flew me to the HQ in Irvine, CA for the interview. A series of 6 or so people spoke with me for nearly an hour each. They took me to a great lunch and were very generous and polite. It was overall a nice experience with professional employees and well-informed HR representatives.

Management Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Was greeted and escorted promptly at the start time of my interview agenda, by the HR person I was working with. She offered me water/coffee and later a break to go to the restroom, as my interview agenda was a half day experience. The meetings went as smoothly as possible, I felt that they were all pretty professional and personable.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical questions regarding my engineering background, probably to ensure that I have a sound background to work at a tech company. They asked my experience with leading others, and other management type questions.   Answer Question

Assembly Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA).

Interview

Very unprofessional
    More personal questions then following any format
    Became a battle of wit instead of an actual understanding of applicants personal knowledge
    Very selective, based on personal like or dislike of a person
    Questions in interview were based off of interviewers lack of knowledge of the position
    Interviewing engineers attempted to make interview more difficult then need be

Interview Questions

• How long have you been with your significant other?   1 Answer

Product Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Newport (Santa Clara, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

interview from hell, very unprofessional. Interviewers do not read your resume, neither they believe anything you say or present. the only thing they believe is chasing FB, Twitter and Instagramm account of people who happened to have the same mane as you are. I happened to have a very common name and no presence in social media, just LinkedIn.

Optical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Newport.

Interview

Two rounds of interviews, had coffee and a snack at the end of the second interview with three managers. Had to negotiate up from the minimum salary they thought I would accept. Was allowed to give ample notice to former employer, although they were in a panic to hire someone with my knowledge.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Always negotiate up from the initial offer. A company will offer the least they think you will accept.

Optical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Extremely Short. I sat in a conference room for maybe an hour. I was not challenged at all with any technical questions with one exception. When it was over I didn't even get a tour of the facility or any details on what I'd be working on. With in a few days I had an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel working with people who don't like each other?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

I first met the HR representative at my school career fair. I told her my research interests and she said that I would be a good candidate for some of the projects at Newport Corporation, so I handed in my resume to her.

I tried to follow up by calling and contacting her through email. However, I didn't hear back for about two months.

She finally called me out of the blue to let me know of my qualifications as a possible intern for the summer. Unexpected, but we arranged to set up an interview with the professionals who would oversee and tend to my interview.

Interview Questions

• One of the interviewers brought a miniature optical mount on which three optics stood. He asked me a few technical questions, like describing the structure and what would it be used for.   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA) in November 2011.

Interview

An all-day event, generally grilled by groups of 5 in a single room for slightly more than an hour with short breaks in between for restroom or water. In my case the questions were generally technical with enquires into pass employment history. Came away from it with a generally positive attitude, I did receive an offer and shortly thereafter accepted.

Interview Questions

• What was the repetition rate of the solid-state diode laser you produced at your last employer?   1 Answer

Import Export Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Newport (Irvine, CA) in April 2011.

Interview

My resume was reviewed by the recruiter them sent to the hiring manager. I was asked to come in for an interview which then I sat with the hiring manager we spoke about my experience and was told of the job description. On my way home, after the interview, I received a call from the recruiter and offered the job.

Interview Questions

• To share how I felt about myself, as a person and as an employee.   1 Answer