News America Marketing Account Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and then received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 20-30 minutes long. I was then offered to come in for an in-person interview at their NYC Headquarters. The in-person interview process consisted of 4 30 minute interviews. If you have previous experience in a sales role and can relate it back to the position at NAM, you will do well. If not, just be sure to know why you want to work in sales!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for News America Marketing

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at News America Marketing in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well! The recruiter was very nice and relatable. She spoke very highly of the company and truly listened to what I had to say. The questions were your generic first interview questions. I recommend being familiar with the company and their different products they have to offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Really great interview process all around! After applying online, I was contacted a day or so later to schedule a phone interview with a woman from HR from the Chicago office. This interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, and was a mixture of simply getting to know me as well as questions pertaining to why NAM, why I chose sales, how my past experience translate, etc; all pretty basic company and sales oriented questions. I was super prepared going into this and really connected with the woman interviewing me right off the bat, so this initial impression was definitely what set the tone for the rest of my interview process (I'd recommend being as prepared as possible for this initial phone screening). From here, I was invited to the Chicago office where I had 4 30 minute interviews, ranging from members of the sales team to another women in HR. Once again, questions weren't too tricky and were mostly centered around sales, but I'd 100% make sure you fully understand NAM's portfolio of products and services because they will ask you specific questions on that as well. But overall, for this final round, you really just need to go in confidently and have some solid sales experience, because that's ultimately what drove my interviews. I was contacted later that same day saying I got an offer!
    The one thing I'll say though is I'm not totally sure what their interview process typically looks like, with other reviewers explaining they participated in a day long interview process at the NY headquarters prior to going to your chosen office location. I think this might be slightly dependent on the timing of your interview since I interviewed later in the year, but just something to keep this in mind!

Interview Questions

• Why NAM? Why the Account Coordinator position/ Sales Development Program? How would you describe NAM in your own words and what are the products/ services we sell? Sales-specific experience and how past experiences translate... etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume through a career fair. Recieved an email a few days later from an HR rep. Had a phone interview with the HR rep. 4 mini interviews in their office with executives. If you pass that they fly you out to New York for a day of interviewing with their headquarters execs

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

5-7 interviews, they fly you to NY headquarters and have you meet and interview with the execs. It is more of a culture fit then a technical interview. They hire for sales positions all over the country, so they are seeing how interested you actually are in sales and not just trying to get any job out of college.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I suggest you do well on the phone interview. The more confident and detailed you are means the person giving you the phone interview will sell you better as a potential to the company and the following interviewers. After the phone interview.... I was scheduled for interviews in person. I met with 3 VP's, 1 senior director, a person from hr, and a current account director. The interviews were 30 minutes long. However, when i met with the current account coordinator that was NOT an interview....more of an opportunity to ask questions. You have to be confident and well dressed. Know why you want to work there, why sales etc. Make sure you can sell yourself and use your resume to your advantage.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Why News America Marketing?
      Why sales?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a current employee refer me and I was contact to come in for an interview the same day. I was first brought to a caribou Coffee where I was given the run down of the day. Then I met with four different people at the office and one final video interview with an employee from a different office. I was contact within three days and told I had not gotten an offer.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of sales interests other than any human interaction.   Answer Question

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at News America Marketing in November 2015.

Interview

Originally the email went to my junk mail. I had called in to the HR office, and the lady said she thought she had recognized my name and said they're glad I called because they did select me for an interview. The lady resent the email, and then I had to email back prooving a GPA higher than 3.0. After I sent the email, I got an email setting up a time for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in sales?   1 Answer
    • What's something that's NOT on your resume that you think we should know about you.   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing in September 2015.

Interview

I was contacted via email for a phone screening which was followed up with a Skype interview with an HR rep and 2 members of the team. Initially the interview started out well, but instantly turned south during the 2nd Skype interview. The individual asked a lot of ambigious questions and visibly became frustrated when I didn't provide the response she was seeking. It felt more like an intergation than an interview.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever difficulties in the workplace due to your greater amount of life experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

First round was a quick phone interview that lasted about 25 mins.
    Second round was via Skype. It consisted of 3 separate 30-minute long interviews.
    Last round was a full day of in-person interviews. There were 4 one-on-one interviews with various people in the company and a lunch set up with two employees who had worked there for about a year each.

Interview Questions

• What do I see being the reason I choose to leave the company.   Answer Question