News America Marketing Interview Questions | Glassdoor

News America Marketing Interview Questions

Updated Feb 9, 2017

3.1

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online and then received an email from a recruiter to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was approximately 20-30 minutes long. I was then offered to come in for an in-person interview at their NYC Headquarters. The in-person interview process consisted of 4 30 minute interviews. If you have previous experience in a sales role and can relate it back to the position at NAM, you will do well. If not, just be sure to know why you want to work in sales!

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at News America Marketing in January 2017.

Interview

The interview went well! The recruiter was very nice and relatable. She spoke very highly of the company and truly listened to what I had to say. The questions were your generic first interview questions. I recommend being familiar with the company and their different products they have to offer.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

Really great interview process all around! After applying online, I was contacted a day or so later to schedule a phone interview with a woman from HR from the Chicago office. This interview lasted about 30-45 minutes, and was a mixture of simply getting to know me as well as questions pertaining to why NAM, why I chose sales, how my past experience translate, etc; all pretty basic company and sales oriented questions. I was super prepared going into this and really connected with the woman interviewing me right off the bat, so this initial impression was definitely what set the tone for the rest of my interview process (I'd recommend being as prepared as possible for this initial phone screening). From here, I was invited to the Chicago office where I had 4 30 minute interviews, ranging from members of the sales team to another women in HR. Once again, questions weren't too tricky and were mostly centered around sales, but I'd 100% make sure you fully understand NAM's portfolio of products and services because they will ask you specific questions on that as well. But overall, for this final round, you really just need to go in confidently and have some solid sales experience, because that's ultimately what drove my interviews. I was contacted later that same day saying I got an offer!
    The one thing I'll say though is I'm not totally sure what their interview process typically looks like, with other reviewers explaining they participated in a day long interview process at the NY headquarters prior to going to your chosen office location. I think this might be slightly dependent on the timing of your interview since I interviewed later in the year, but just something to keep this in mind!

Interview Questions

• Why NAM? Why the Account Coordinator position/ Sales Development Program? How would you describe NAM in your own words and what are the products/ services we sell? Sales-specific experience and how past experiences translate... etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted my resume through a career fair. Recieved an email a few days later from an HR rep. Had a phone interview with the HR rep. 4 mini interviews in their office with executives. If you pass that they fly you out to New York for a day of interviewing with their headquarters execs

Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

I met the interviewer and completed an application. He was professional and ready to explain the
    position thoroughly with advertising materials. He had a handbook which showed information pertaining to the job.

Area Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in August 2016.

Interview

They contact you by email first, then a HR person contacts you and tells you about the position they are offering. Very friendly and easy to talk to. The position sounds great but I was unable to commit to the overnight travel. I was able to take time to think about the position and travel.

CORE FIELD REPRESENTATIVE Interview

Anonymous Employee in Monroe, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Monroe, NC) in May 2016.

Interview

I received an email, offering me a position as a News America Marketing Representative from their Area Manager. Area Manager called me after I responded, and started the hiring process, via internet.

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in the Part-time position with News America Marketing.   1 Answer

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

5-7 interviews, they fly you to NY headquarters and have you meet and interview with the execs. It is more of a culture fit then a technical interview. They hire for sales positions all over the country, so they are seeing how interested you actually are in sales and not just trying to get any job out of college.

Account Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at News America Marketing.

Interview

There was a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. I suggest you do well on the phone interview. The more confident and detailed you are means the person giving you the phone interview will sell you better as a potential to the company and the following interviewers. After the phone interview.... I was scheduled for interviews in person. I met with 3 VP's, 1 senior director, a person from hr, and a current account director. The interviews were 30 minutes long. However, when i met with the current account coordinator that was NOT an interview....more of an opportunity to ask questions. You have to be confident and well dressed. Know why you want to work there, why sales etc. Make sure you can sell yourself and use your resume to your advantage.

Interview Questions

• What are your hobbies?
      Why News America Marketing?
      Why sales?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at News America Marketing (Minneapolis, MN) in February 2016.

Interview

I had a current employee refer me and I was contact to come in for an interview the same day. I was first brought to a caribou Coffee where I was given the run down of the day. Then I met with four different people at the office and one final video interview with an employee from a different office. I was contact within three days and told I had not gotten an offer.

Interview Questions

• What aspect of sales interests other than any human interaction.   Answer Question